ANYTHING U MISS FROM UK?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
25 Oct 2008 10:44 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hey Bob
Yes, we used to play in Bluebell woods, cross the broken bridge over to Ely and wouldn't it be nice if our kids could go and play for hours like we used to be able to, but that's another sad story............................... I'll have the thread drift police after me again I'm off

Sorry, as I don't live full time in Spain YET I really can't think of anything I would miss from UK. I love to shop for food etc. in Spain and shooooooooooooes, don't get me started, just fabulous

Like 0      
31 Oct 2008 9:03 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
I miss the library and wish I had made the most of it instead of buying books when you can have them ordered.

I miss value products like bags of flour from Tesco for 15p

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
31 Oct 2008 9:04 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Oh and I forgot I miss Buy One Get One Free and points from Boots and Nectar cards

Susan

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
01 Nov 2008 10:01 PM by suemac Star rating in Jumilla, Murcia. 1001 posts Send private message

I don't know about Buy One Get One Free, but we shop at Consum, and because I have a Consum card I get a monthly cash back cheque , plus they usually have special offers, including discounts when you buy two of the same item.  A few months ago they had loads of items for 1 euro, 2 euros etc.  They also run promotions (currently for duvets and duvet covers) where you get stamps when you shop there, which gives you money off the items being promoted.

Dia also have a card, with vouchers giving discounts every month.  As prices generally are a lot cheaper than in the UK, we reckon we save lots of money by shopping at Consum and Dia. 

I do miss my cheap tea bags though!

The only thing I really miss from the UK is my family.

Sue

Sue Walker

Author of "Retiring the Ole Way", now available on Amazon

See my blog about our life in Spain: www.spainuncovered.com

Like 0      
02 Nov 2008 11:19 AM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar
Rain.............!!!! oh no,there's some....nothin then i guess....!

Like 0      
02 Nov 2008 2:36 PM by Nati Star rating in Manilva (Costa del .... 237 posts Send private message

I will miss my lovely and cosy flat that we have to rent out very soon!
Ana

Ana Sánchez. PGCE, MA & BA(Hons)

Teaching and Translation Services

Like 0      
03 Nov 2008 12:25 PM by Nati Star rating in Manilva (Costa del .... 237 posts Send private message

I will miss the green landscape driving from Gateshead to Hexham where I work. I think I will miss everything apart from the rain and bad weather!I have had 10 good years here but it is time to go back home!
Ana

Like 0      
08 Nov 2008 7:20 PM by Nati Star rating in Manilva (Costa del .... 237 posts Send private message

I will miss Strictly Come Dancing on Saturday night! It has nothing to do with the crappy Spanish version Mira Quien Baila!

Ana

Like 0      
10 Nov 2008 9:54 AM by bella750 Star rating. 19 posts Send private message

14 Nov 2008 9:48 PM by mark_thompson Star rating. 18 posts Send private message

Starbucks, Coffee republic pretzels and bookshops

Like 0      
16 Nov 2008 1:53 PM by dunmovin Star rating in gorga, alicante. 28 posts Send private message

Can't think on anything I miss, but then, Ilived in Hong Kong for thirteen years before coming here

I did miss my bank manager..... because he ducked and I didn't have time to reload

Like 0      
17 Nov 2008 10:46 AM by casa_hiedra Star rating in Marina de Casares. 3 posts Send private message

There are some things i miss but not enough to want me to go back.  What I wouldn't miss in Spain are all the people who are moaning about everything Spanish!  I wish they would go somewhere - anywhere.

I know that that not everything in Spain is wonderful but neither is it in the UK - Take Gordon Brown for example!

Like 0      
26 Nov 2008 10:44 AM by Spondicious Star rating in Sta Cristina d'Aro, .... 15 posts Send private message

I used to be able to get Marmite here and now the shops only have Bovril which is a no no for vegetarians.

Malt loaf by Soreen - I brought four of them back on my last trip to England.

Jam Doughnuts once in a while.

Probably a few other things given time to think about it more.

Like 0      
26 Nov 2008 2:23 PM by dunmovin Star rating in gorga, alicante. 28 posts Send private message

I seen both soreen malt loaf and marmite in Iceland in Benissa last week. I also tthink Carrefor have it now and again

Like 0      
26 Nov 2008 2:28 PM by costaeye Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Farleys Rusk...... Thats my treat on a sunday - Just can't seem to get them here :-(

Like 0      
01 Dec 2008 9:00 PM by Barbie Star rating in Costa del Sol, Villa.... 47 posts Send private message

I dont really think I notice what I miss the most until I go back for a visit to the UK, we have just been back for a week and were like kids in a sweet shop when we went into Tesco's, putting really silly things into the trolley. I think it also depends very much on where you live, we live inland of Malaga, and although we can get some English food, we cant get everything that is available on the coast, its also not possible to buy an English newspaper anywhere near us. I feel that living here, I have gained far more than I could every miss.

Like 0      
02 Dec 2008 5:59 AM by pilgrim Star rating in Costa Calida. 231 posts Send private message

pilgrim´s avatar

Being an ex-Londoner, there is one thing that I reminisce about ALL the time until I salivate and cannot speak!!

It is "double pie, single mash, eels and liquor, please."

BLAST, I´m dribbling again!!

pilgrim

Like 0      
02 Dec 2008 7:27 PM by Barbie Star rating in Costa del Sol, Villa.... 47 posts Send private message

Hi Bobaol,

Just been reading your comments about playing in the blue bell woods between Ely and St.Fagans, I lived in St. Fagans for about 8 years until I was 19. I used to cross the railway line in the fields and run up through the woods to Ely, I remember there was a big house with an outdoor swimming pool. We moved to Northumberland from there to a place called Morpeth, but was never the same as St.Fagans.

Like 0      
05 Mar 2009 3:29 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

YES!

Been here over three months now and I can't seem to find those little tubes of machine oil that you use to lubricate Hair Clippers!

I'm beginning to local like a hippy!

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
05 Mar 2009 6:19 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Technoape

There is a shop in Estepona which sells Hairdressing and Beautician supplies.I think it is called Salon something all over, it has a red logo. Well anyway it is before Carrefour on the right hand side of the road coming in the other direction, not from town.

Susan

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

WHERE U FROM & HOW LONG U BEEN IN SPAIN? - 8 posts
COMPUTER ENGINEER WANTING TO MOVE TO SPAIN - 12 posts
ANY REGRETS?? - 6 posts
Off to Duquesa tonight! - 1 posts
advise needed satalite tv system - 4 posts
Messy Separation laws - 1 posts
URGENTLY I NEED PROPERTIES IN eSTEPONA MARBELLA SAN PEDRO TO LET - 0 posts
Swapping Sand or Sangria - 7 posts
Help - Advice needed about changing Lawyers - 3 posts
Can anyone recommend a good estate agent? - 23 posts
Cajamurcia online transfers to Spanish accounts - 3 posts
Thanks for the photos - 2 posts
Need cat friendly hotel near Madrid - 0 posts
Residencia - 1 posts
HELP!! Living in spain at the minute to quite thinking of going to Ibi - Alicante? - 2 posts
Importance of Legal Counsel's location - 3 posts
Can you help - 12 posts
new law registering mobile phones - 6 posts
LONG TERM RENTAL WANTED - ROJALES/BENIJOFAR/QUESADA - 3 posts
IMPORTANT - XL Airways fold - 0 posts
XL Airlines fold! - 7 posts
non residency - 1 posts
eating out - 0 posts
Spanish Rental Contract - HELP - 0 posts
GLORY GLORY HALLELUJAH - 8 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 98

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x