new law registering mobile phones

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 Sep 2008 12:00 AM by gwm Star rating in Pizarra. 139 posts Send private message

I believe there is a law that you have to register your mobile before the end of the month or you will be cut off.... I suppose Movistar users etc  just go to the shop with passport etc etc, however what about open phones, we use the top up card for cheap phone calls to U.K.

Like 0      
12 Sep 2008 6:54 PM by Hammersfan Star rating in Body in Essex, Heart.... 160 posts Send private message

From Vodafone.es...

The

For clients requesting information on the Act:

- The law requires all operators selling prepaid cards to maintain a record with the

Prepaid Card Data Conservation Act was passed on 8 November 2007.

personal information

identification document, document number and address

buyers/owners.

Therefore, from that date, the following will apply when any

activated:

document must be provided (passport or residence card)

purchase at the Vodafone point of sale.

corresponding to the name, surname, type of personalof all prepaid cardnew prepaid card isactivation must be carried out in person and a personal identificationat the moment of

Clients who have already provided Vodafone with their personal details and also

those who have not

- Current owners of prepaid cards will have

provide their personal details at any Vodafone shop or authorised dealer, after which

time all operators, by law, must deactivate any unidentified cards

must be informed that:24 months (until 8 November 2009) to

Like 0      
12 Sep 2008 7:40 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
Does anyone have info as to how this affects existing customers of Amena/Orange?  I bought an Amena card a couple of years ago from Carrefour (I think!?!) and haven't had any problem with it whatsoever - even though I don't use it from one summer to the next!

So what do I do?  I won't be there until next summer, so does anyone have any info - have checked Orange.es website but can't find anything about it (in my limited spanish) and can't find an english link.

Anyone have any links that might be helpful.  Only wouldn't really like to lose my existing spanish sim number as it's done the biz for the last couple of years!!

Thanks!

Like 0      
12 Sep 2008 8:36 PM by Hammersfan Star rating in Body in Essex, Heart.... 160 posts Send private message

Why would the law be any different for Orange etc? I  know I got the law details from the vodafone site, but it has to relate to all providers....

Like 0      
12 Sep 2008 9:06 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
Hammersfan, wth all due respect, you made a post which is quite significant and affects alot of users so just wondered where it came from and how it could be clarified.  Haven't had any reason to discuss it up until reading your post.  So just wondered if anybody else with the same company sim card could enlighten me!?

Like 0      
12 Sep 2008 10:05 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

There's another thread about this it Utilities section.

www.eyeonspain.com/forums/posts-long-5117.aspx

Don't know if it mentions Amena.  

One good thing is that now the date is given as Nov 09 whereas we were originally told that it had to be done by Oct 2008.

By next summer hopefully we will have the complete information for everyone to follow.

Like 0      
12 Sep 2008 10:43 PM by Hammersfan Star rating in Body in Essex, Heart.... 160 posts Send private message

Pitby

My post was trying to clarify things.   It clearly states...

1. The source -"This is from Vodafone.es"
2.The extent of the effect  -"The law requires all operators selling prepaid cards ...etc"

so it said exactly where it came from...and I'm not sure how much clearer they could make it...

Posters on the other thread are saying that they are being told very similar information (i.e. late 2009 as the cut off date) by their providers when they go to register their phone, but my original post is still the only one on either thread that has anything in writing from "the horse's mouth"......

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

LONG TERM RENTAL WANTED - ROJALES/BENIJOFAR/QUESADA - 3 posts
IMPORTANT - XL Airways fold - 0 posts
XL Airlines fold! - 7 posts
non residency - 1 posts
eating out - 0 posts
Spanish Rental Contract - HELP - 0 posts
GLORY GLORY HALLELUJAH - 8 posts
BuddhaBeachBanus ? - 0 posts
Traffic Office Malaga - 1 posts
SERIOUSLY THOUGH! - what are the Spanish banks to do? - 158 posts
administrator wanted - 5 posts
Ryanair EDI-AGP false start - 0 posts
Congratulations on the treinta mil ( thirty thousand): 30.000 - 11 posts
Banks and Non Residency certificate - 2 posts
Who pays Community Fees - Landlord or Tenant? - 6 posts
I never had any doubts as to winning the World Cup !!! - 1 posts
barryg - 3 posts
Allison - blackmailed by my builder - is it legal - 10 posts
Jet2 Manchester to Murcia - 1 posts
Must Have Been Asleep For Longer than I Thought - 10 posts
rental - 2 posts
Is this TRUE ??? - 11 posts
Sofa bed. Campomar/Cabo Roig - 0 posts
Landlord: Keys to Successful Rental Income - 7 posts
Terreze de torreblanca - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x