Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
23 May 2008 5:27 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Hi Bob Smith, well executed

That's exactly what our builder ( Zapata of Pilar de la Horadada) did to us & hundreds like us. We paid almost 600€ (at the notary on our completion on 20th April, 2005 ) to Zapata to have "provision of water". On the 1st phase (we were the 2nd phase) around the same time we completed, Zapata demanded a large amount from their community for his water !! The community on ph 1 refused to give him more so he cut their water off for three days by which time they couldn't take it any more & they relented & split the cost. 

On our phase there were hardly any owners at the time but two resident owners, who had completed as soon as their sub phase was built, were elected to become the President & Vice president by the handful that had completed by then.
Dave & Alf had seen all that had gone on with phase 1 & knew Zapata would not hesitate to cut our water off too so Dave agreed, on our communties behalf, to pay up, cost was 70€ per property (54 properties) for the year from May 2005. After that payment we had to pay Zapata 40€ per half year till we went onto the mains water in February 2007. The builder's water was paid up till May 2007. Now the plot thickens as we were told by our administrator that the water contract would be paid by Zapata & this did happen. It was 300€ something. So, what happened to the difference between the almost 600€ we paid the builder initially & the water contract's cost of 300€ +, just under 300€ seems to have been left in Zapata's clutches for every owner on our urb & he built hundreds. He also had 70+40+40€ from each of us. I did ask this question on our urb's forum & the only answer I had was "perhaps that difference was for the electricity contract ?" Well, certainly in our case, it wasn't as HCEnergia debited our a/c with almost 300€ in May 2005 for that ! 

It is DAYLIGHT ROBBERY. (Same scenario as you, too !)

So pleased to see that, with the help of EOS forum & Roy, you managed to do a very brave thing.  My husband would be terrified of repercussions. (That's why we have not been to the builder's office to have it out with him. After all, he knows it's illegal but still does it, same as force purchasers to pay him black money. We were forced to pay Zapata almost 50,000€ & our property bwas 195,000€ !!!

These builder are a law unto themselves.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 5/23/2008.

Like 0      
24 May 2008 5:38 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
Congratualtions Bob, sounds like a great result. I hope the message gets passed around and will serve to encourage others to take similar action, and also to make developers think twice about their fraudulent activities and hopefully desist from such behaviour. 

Sheriff: "We completed in Nov 04 and in the last few months have been put on mains electric and water but as yet no Cert of Hab". I'm not certain, and perhaps Roy can offer his opinion, but surely the utilities cannot be connected without the official boletín, which cannot be obtained before the LFO is issued? Are you sure the licence has still not been issued? Maybe it finally has, and nobody bothered to tell you?!

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
25 May 2008 9:17 AM by inspectahomespain Star rating in Orihuela Costa, Spai.... 2417 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

Normally services, especially electricity, cannot be connected without an LFO being issued

The way to tell is if there is a main fuse installed in the fuse box

Like 0      
25 May 2008 9:44 AM by The Sheriff Star rating in Rojales, Quesada. 31 posts Send private message

Hi Guys

Thanks for the reply Inspectahomes.  No I am not the RTN Sheriff but another one !!  It is a nickname I picked up years ago involving lots of Rugby and beer etc !!!!

Thanks for your reply. 

Like 0      
26 May 2008 6:15 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
Sheriff, any answer to my query? Do you have your own supply (contract) without the LFO, and if so, how?

Mark Twain

Like 0      
26 May 2008 8:04 PM by bobsmith Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

No Roberto we dont have a contract! but MASA are obigated to keep us supplied with Electric and water, until such time as we Have a habitation certificate, or 4 years , then we sue them for not completing on the contract

Like 0      
26 May 2008 8:10 PM by bobsmith Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Up to date news! Costa Almeria news are going to publicise this for us , including passing on the message to their Spanish newspaper colleagues.on the local front The Camposol Courier  (Camposol Residents association) are going to feature this story, in the Courier due out 1st June. The more the merrier

Like 0      
26 May 2008 9:03 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
My question about contracts and LFO's was for Sheriff (see his posts below) but congratualtions on your result again, and I'm glad to hear it's going to get the publicity it merits.

Mark Twain

Like 0      
27 May 2008 8:52 AM by The Sheriff Star rating in Rojales, Quesada. 31 posts Send private message

Hi Roberto 

Apologies for not getting back to you sooner.  To be honest I am not very technically minded but do know that an electrician for/representing Iberdrola came round and played with some wires in the fuse box in the house.  Some Iberdrola guys came to the Urb one day and went to everyone's house who was there - my fantastic neighbours only called me when they had finished so I had to wait 4 weeks (and a lot of stress) to get connected !!.   We also receive an electronic bill from Ibredrola via the Internet (by the way my wife set this up on the Iberdrola website and we can access our bill electronically which is great for people who do not get Correos !!!).

I guess this means that the LFO must have been issued at some time but I have not seen it !!??  Shame - thought I could sue the builder after 4 years due ot no LFO and get my money back !!!

Dream on !!!

Thanks for all your valuable advice and good luck ot the guys re Masa etc. 

Like 0      
27 May 2008 9:05 AM by bobsmith Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Check very carefully with regard to Iberdrola!!
Last year they got huge unwanted publicity for connecting up houses without habitataion certificates!
It was front page news on Costa Blanca News,
On Camposol we receive water bills from Agualia, only when people tried to pay the water bills, Agualia told them not to pay as they "knew nothing " about these bills.
when questioned about the Agualia logos on the bills, they said MASA and Agualia use the same printing company, Camposol splits into A B C & D, Agualia only Charge people on sector A, Masa charge the rest! Lots of people on Camposol get bills from Iberdrola, NONE OF US HAVE HABITATION CERTIFICATES !thats 7000 houses

Like 0      
27 May 2008 11:11 AM by inspectahomespain Star rating in Orihuela Costa, Spai.... 2417 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

The publicity on this will be really good news and it just proves that as I advised it is ilegal to charge for builders supply and more people should complain but I understand the concerns over recrimination by the builders

In my line of work I get plenty of threats form the developers and I have had 3 report me to the tax people on the basis that they tried to claim that I was not registered as a legal company or paying tax and NI, I am and I was able to prove this.

Another large company tried to query my qualifications to carry out the survey, again no problem here but they have tried everything to stop us inspecting properties , one now require a notarised written POA if the owner is not presnt at the inspection, perhaps they are they trying to hide something

MASA specifically will not allow third parties to inspect unless the owner is present for the snagging inspection resukting in additional cost and lost time to the buyer

In my own case I have today received The Certificate of Habitation for my own property in Villamartin so I have a meeting with the lawyer later to see how I stand

Again great news and I look forward to reading the press

I have produced a  free Q&A guide that explains your rights and covers this area  and all of the question you should be asking a developer, before you complete, and if anybody would like a copy please e-mail me at qaguide@inspectahomespain.com

Like 0      
30 May 2008 12:31 AM by Roger Davis Star rating in Balsicas , COSTA C.... 93 posts Send private message

Roger Davis´s avatar
Have been very interested to read all the comments on this thread. We live on another Grupo Masa development at Sierra Golf and have been here since Dec. 07 when we finally had our elect connected by Iberdrola, having lost our builders supply for about 6 weeks ( for this 6 weeks about 20 of us were given free accom. by Masa at their Hotel ) We still are on bldrs supply for water .

The thing which interests me now is although we have elect meters and are paying Iberdrola in the normal way ( we have proper bills) we still do NOT have our Habitation Certs.

Roy has stated that it is not possible to have utilities connected without LFO's being issued. Ours has definately not been issued  -- the building phases here are a bit different to Camposol and are done by Poligono No's . The only LFO's that have been issued to my knowledgs are for  no. 13 - we are on no. 15.

All very odd !! Can anyone cast any light on this ?

PS. Is the Miguel the same Miguel who is the site manager at Sierra Golf ?

Like 0      
30 May 2008 7:15 AM by inspectahomespain Star rating in Orihuela Costa, Spai.... 2417 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

I have dealt with thousands of properties and even had this problem with my own property and always it has not been possible to get the elctrical connection form the mains supplier without a valid LFO

Please ask your lawyer in this case how it is that you have a connection

Like 0      
31 May 2008 6:38 PM by bobsmith Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Latest  news :- Headline from Costa Almeria News (FRONT PAGE this friday)
CAMPOSOL SITE MANAGER BLOWS A FUSE. 

sub heading EXPATS ACCUSEHAMMER-WIELDING CONSTRUCTION EMPLOYEE OF THREATS

to date more than 30 denuncias have made, with many more to follow

We have heard from people in Alicante, that MASA are doing exactly the same tactics on the Serena Golf  urbanisation
we would urge them to follow the steps we have taken

Like 0      
16 Jun 2008 1:59 PM by safia Star rating. 25 posts Send private message

Hi,

Have been reading the e mails about Grupo-Masa and the illegal electricity scam, fascinating but sad that buying a property in Spain is so fraught with difficulties.  I have been waiting to sign for my property since December 2007, the property is finished, I visited it in December but the developer Idearco would not make an appointment to sign, when he finally did, sent in the administrator the day before and has after a large amount of publicity cleared the site, the road has been made up.   The administrator seems very effective but the builder has informed my lawyer that he will not be signing off any more apartments until he has the building licence.   I understand that even though he has 45,000 euros of my money, should he go bankrupt or seek protection from creditors I will be an unsecured creditor and lose the money I have paid so far.  I like the other purchasers feel angry and helpless.  Has anyone any ideas as to whether there are any steps which we can take to move this process along.  At the moment I just feel like giving up.

Safia

Like 0      
16 Jun 2008 2:00 PM by safia Star rating. 25 posts Send private message

Hi,

Have been reading the e mails about Grupo-Masa and the illegal electricity scam, fascinating but sad that buying a property in Spain is so fraught with difficulties.  I have been waiting to sign for my property since December 2007, the property is finished, I visited it in December but the developer Idearco would not make an appointment to sign, when he finally did, sent in the administrator the day before and has after a large amount of publicity cleared the site, the road has been made up.   The administrator seems very effective but the builder has informed my lawyer that he will not be signing off any more apartments until he has the building licence.   I understand that even though he has 45,000 euros of my money, should he go bankrupt or seek protection from creditors I will be an unsecured creditor and lose the money I have paid so far.  I like the other purchasers feel angry and helpless.  Has anyone any ideas as to whether there are any steps which we can take to move this process along.  At the moment I just feel like giving up.

Safia

Like 0      
19 Jun 2008 1:28 PM by bobsmith Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

I spoke with our interepeter today,  (Fiona Green) she told me she had received a phone call from a lady on Camposol, who had her electricity cut off, Fiona advised her to go to MASAs office and inform them, that as denuncias had been laid with the guardia, unless they immediately restored her electric, she was going to the guardia to had her name to the list!   When she returned home, the electric had been restored. Our biggest worry was that had we been cut off, how long would it take to get it restored??
Well now we know!!

Like 0      
19 Jun 2008 3:14 PM by Gypsy Star rating in south shields/formen.... 206 posts Send private message

Gypsy´s avatar
Hi Inspectahomespain,
I have been lookin at some of your previous posts where you say it is
illegal to be charged for water or electric while on builders supply.
This is my situation-
Our apartment block has not got the LFO yet, we are still on builders supply
for electric BUT have been getting water bills for the last year from
Aguagest, could you tell me is this correct.?
If not what are my options.!

GYPSY

Like 0      
20 Jun 2008 7:13 AM by inspectahomespain Star rating in Orihuela Costa, Spai.... 2417 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

I have the same situation with my apartment and I have established that, for water supply from Agualest, with the proviso that the buider can prove he has applied for the LFO, where the water supply is connected, and where the technical bolletin is available, it is possible to for the builder to get the water meters fitted and charged to the customer

The other proviso is that the builder has settled any outstanding bill for water with the supplier and there is some form of waiver that allows this

For electricty there is no way that connections can be made without the LFO

I know that it is confusing but the conditions seem to vary by supplier and area

Like 0      
20 Jun 2008 3:08 PM by Gypsy Star rating in south shields/formen.... 206 posts Send private message

Gypsy´s avatar
TO INSPECTAHOMESPAIN,
Thanks very much for the info, it is really
appreciated.Just wish now we had mains
electric and LFO.

GYPSY

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Moondancer are you there ? - 2 posts
New user sign ups procedure review - 18 posts
Salespersons have rights - 14 posts
Just in case anyone has missed this - 0 posts
Require: Long Term Rental 30 minute drive max from Torrevieja 6 months poss 12. - 6 posts
Robert and Julie Haworth - 15 posts
Moving to Las Kalendas - 2 posts
Moving to Las Kalendas - 0 posts
anyone buying on R19? - 18 posts
Water Bills - How much should you really pay?? - 7 posts
Restaurants in Aguilas town - 9 posts
New guy would like some help. - 11 posts
Holidays - 4 posts
Sofa and Sofa Bed - 0 posts
CARS - BUY IN UK OR SPAIN?? - 20 posts
Jumilla - 2 posts
villa@La campaneta county of Orihuela - 2 posts
R2 - Plots 123-197 - 23 posts
Bahia del Golf - Almerimar - looking at buying - 4 posts
20kg hold luggage weight - 26 posts
Help with capital gains tax - 2 posts
Caravan - 10 posts
attention all owners - 0 posts
kids activities / groups / out of school clubs/ football coaching in costa del sol ?? - 3 posts
Has anyone any completionnews at all? - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 42

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x