THE RAIN IN SPAIN AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
09 May 2008 12:00 AM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

You would NOT believe the water here today..................it rained..................then we had a flash flood ( which lasted for ages ) and guess what?????????????????'............................the water came OVER our ramp and down into the garage AND it also went down the exit ramp on the other side ( it's never done that before ).

El Presidente phoned the guy who is supposed to be in charge of the garages ( it's still the builders, not ours, even though it's the base of our building ) and he came out and brought 3 builders with him and knocked down the wall that caused the problem in the 1st place ( this will please the builder opposite who erected the wall ) Then he ( our builder ) knocked a hole in our periferal wall to let out the water on our side...................previously our lawyer said we could not do this.....................but hey!! it's done now.

Our builder is coming at 8am tomorrow ( he says ) to pump out the garages.

RESULT????????????.........yes in a back handed way!!

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
09 May 2008 7:37 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

Well, Karensun, I am pleased to say that it has been a GLORIOUS day here in SUNNY Kent. All my washing is dry and fresh smelling.   The sun is still shining and the weathermen are forecasting that the good weather will last over the weekend and into next week!!

Having said that, I hope that the weather in Spain improves by 23rd May which is when my next stay commences, unfortunately only for 4 days this time. It really annoys me how this work thing gets in the way!!

Noreen 

This message was last edited by nfm2862 on 5/9/2008.

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
09 May 2008 10:14 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

So.... Karen, it's like this down your road ALL OVER AGAIN !! Been another gorgeous day here in Somerset.

Karen, if you received my email yesterday from my Virgin mail which I sent from my Hotmail one too, today, please let me know as some mails aren't getting through. Thanks.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 5/9/2008.

Like 0      
10 May 2008 6:24 AM by Eva2008 Star rating in Reading. 152 posts Send private message

Eva2008´s avatar

well, as the old saying goes...

the rain in Spain, falls mainly, when you get off the plane!

Like 0      
10 May 2008 1:57 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

Here's the road..............................

Here's the builder's men knocking down the wall which has caused a lot of the problema...............

They have been pumping out now for about 7 hours and the water in the garage has gone down about one inch !!

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
10 May 2008 1:59 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar
Sorry, forgot to say..........yes More, got your mail, will reply when we've dried out !!!

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
10 May 2008 2:28 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Karen, you made your photos rather small !

Can you post larger please ? Sounds as if you're suffering where your apartments are.

Thank goodness you're on the 2nd floor, I wouldn't fancy being in a  ground floor one .

Like 0      
10 May 2008 4:29 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

I made them small cos last time you said they were too big!!!

When the rep told us to expect 360 days of sunshine.................a, I didn't expect it to be sunny ANd cold..................and b...........I didn't expect to get the same rainfall as in UK BUT ALL IN ONE DAY !!!!!

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
10 May 2008 5:42 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Oh shucks Karen, there's a difference between you posting ones which take up more than the screen & these tiddy ickle ones.

Don't you  at More. I can  back.

After the last two hours I've had I'm opening a  

Like 0      
31 Oct 2008 1:08 PM by number16 Star rating in Shropshire / Costa B.... 37 posts Send private message

Whats happened to the weather in Spain, nearly every time i look at the forcast its bad.

Like 0      
31 Oct 2008 3:20 PM by lifeline Star rating in Murcia. 365 posts Send private message

lifeline´s avatar
AccuWeather.com currently at 4.15.pm  our area in Cabo De Palos Murcia wait for it!  .....................temp.19deg.C  not bad considering it was freezing in Scotland this morning. Yes  it does dip at night. Can't wait to live there next year!

Daveil

Like 0      
31 Oct 2008 5:39 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
Hey Karen, how's your garage? 
Ours is flooded again (as well as the lift shaft, naturally) and I had to get my car out today before it became a submarine. First time it's been that bad. Water coming up through the drains as usual, but today also coming in through the door at the bottom of the ramp.
Just to add to the fun, a couple of weeks back the rain was so heavy that it started getting in the lift shaft at the top floor (the corridors are open to the elements and the lift has minimal protection) and it affected some electrical components on the roof of the lift cabin, causing €700 of damage. Waiting to see if insurance will pay out. This morning I called the lift up to the top floor, then switched everything off, so if water gets in there again, at least the roof of the cabin will be above the point of entry. And everyone gets fit into the bargain.
The community idiot suggested that the council / water board should pay the bill for the repair. Well, we know the water coming up through the drains in the garage is the fault of the inadequate street drainage, but rain getting in upstairs? I had to explain patiently in Spanish that the water board don't control the rain (that would be God, I said! Shall we sue Him?)
Whilst I have been trying to keep a low (ex-president) profile these days, it transpires that said community idiot and his cronies have asked the administrator to send a perito out to have a look over the building with a view to writing up a report on all it's failings (such as lack of guttering on the roof above the lift shaft, which he feels is why rainwater got in). Such a report may cost around €800. Why do we need a report stating things we already know, I asked? Why not just put some guttering up? (Which will cost far less than €800) Because we can use the report to take the developer to court, they cried joyfully. 
Oh, and wait 3 years, and fork out how much in legal fees, just to have our day in court, without, I hasten to add, any guarantee of a victory. And if we don't win, (which I seriously doubt we would anyway, since the design is typical Andalucian style pitched tiled roof which never has guttering) we pay their costs as well.
Whatever, they said, there's no charge for the guy to come out and talk to us, so what's the problem? The problem, you stupid Woolyback, is that the guy is coming out next Tuesday, and surprise surprise, you're p*ssing off back to Woolybackland (Extremadura) on Sunday and leaving guess who to deal with this waste of time as usual? 
Why is the ex-president getting involved, I hear you all ask?
Don't.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
01 Nov 2008 12:39 PM by Nati Star rating in Manilva (Costa del .... 237 posts Send private message

Hi everyone,
Remember Spain also needs rain for agriculture, golf courses, etc, not in a torrential way and causing floods though! If it does not rain we won't have water at all and Spain will become a desert where nobody can spend holidays! Just look at it in this way
un saludo
Ana

Ana Sánchez. PGCE, MA & BA(Hons)

Teaching and Translation Services

Like 0      
01 Nov 2008 6:04 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
If we had wanted rain we would have stayed in England!
There's nothing wrong with desert. Parts of Almeria province are beautiful (in a deserty kind of way!)
It's not actually the rain that's the problem. It's the over-development (construction) of the Costas and the under-development of their infrastructure that causes problems. For every old villa that existed 40 or 50 years ago, there is now an apartment block housing many times more families than the original property, producing many times more waste water, which has to go somewhere. But the capacity of the drainage system has never been increased sufficiently. And underground parking in such blocks should never have been approved by a town hall that knows their drainage system can't cope with what in England would be considered a modest downpour.

Mark Twain

Like 0      
01 Nov 2008 10:03 PM by irenemontague Star rating in liverpool/carvajal . 794 posts Send private message

Hi any one know when the rain is due  let up?i can only get the weather forcast up for the malaga areaneed is for carvajal?  i think i might have a river to cross to get up to my apt with all the heavy rain thanks irene

Like 0      
02 Nov 2008 12:24 AM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

02 Nov 2008 11:16 AM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar
As i sat on my terrace yesterday i saw two kids come down the street towards the stormdrain on two giant rubber rings.....i guess someone enjoys the rain.
We do need it and after all it is the winter...

Like 0      
02 Nov 2008 3:26 PM by Nati Star rating in Manilva (Costa del .... 237 posts Send private message

Is it still raining in Spain?
Ana

Ana Sánchez. PGCE, MA & BA(Hons)

Teaching and Translation Services

Like 0      
02 Nov 2008 9:45 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar
Hi Roberto....................just returned from UK where it is not only wet but bloomin COLD.

We missed the rain here but i am pleased to report that we had NO RAIN in our garages ! ! ! This is due to our ramp and the bloomin great hole the builder put in the offending wall which no one has bunged up yet ( technical talk ! )

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
03 Nov 2008 7:29 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
Lucky you, Karen. We're knee deep.

Georgia, we don't need rain, we need fewer people, then we wouldn't need to destroy more natural habitats in order to fill more reservoirs. Why is it that us humans always think we have more right to over-populate the planet than other species?

Mark Twain

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

business partner wanted - 1 posts
Information on new routes and travel news - 0 posts
Problem with changing UK car to Spanish plates - 0 posts
Seville airport - nearest place to watch Champions League final on TV? - 0 posts
All about Albatera - 12 posts
HEARING AID REPAIR - 0 posts
Marilyn from Essex and Casares - 1 posts
hello all! Hoping to move near San Sebastien - 9 posts
Freesat - 2 posts
Anyone use Friends Reunited site ? - 6 posts
washing powder - 3 posts
Regarding forum rules, can THIS be implemented, Justin ? - 8 posts
Please help the - - 4 posts
management fees community fees - 1 posts
registering british car in spain - 4 posts
hi - 2 posts
have you had a bad time buying in Spain? - 5 posts
Airport Transfer - 3 posts
European Commission gives a TV advertising ultimatum to Spain - 4 posts
Increase the Financial Services Compensation Scheme limit to at least £100,000. - 2 posts
TELMICRO (CHANNELS GONE !!) - 62 posts
are you my neighbour - 1 posts
managenent fees/connunial charge - 12 posts
promises promises - 0 posts
Dogs to Spain from NON EU country - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 25

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x