Anyone use Friends Reunited site ?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
07 May 2008 12:00 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

FR is now allowing members to contact, free of charge, anyone on it so even without their email details you can contact people you went to school with etc even though you've not paid the usual (I think) £7.50 per 6 months subscription.

My niece Caroline, who I lost contact with, has sent me a message tonight & we've swapped email addresses so we are both quite excitable. She's now 30. She's also given me her sister Julie's details, which I didn't have.

What a great day.

Like 0      
08 May 2008 12:04 AM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

Hi More

I checked out FR last weekend & just had a browse around looking at some very dodgy school photos!!!

The very next day, out of the blue & totally unrelated to my browsing, I had an email through FR from a girl that went to school with Annmarie 30 years ago. Our families have been very loosely connected over the years but although Catherine only lives a few streets away from our old address in East London, we moved to Kent 4 years ago & she had lost our adresss.

It is great to catch up & remember the old times.

It is great that you have found lost family & hope that you get to remember lots of happy memories & also get to make some new ones.

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
08 May 2008 12:09 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Hi Noreen, I'm far too hyper to sleep now though &, as you likely know, I'm a night bird anyway. Just been mailing one of my cousins as I didn't have his email details, & searching for long lost school mates too. What a night. Glad you managed to be contacted by someone you knew too.

Like 0      
08 May 2008 12:10 PM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

Hi everyone

I am a member of Friends Reunited and it has brought me back in touch with girls I grew up with. We've been meeting up around 4 times a year for the last 2-3 years and everybody gets on like a house on fire - including partners/husbands etc. We spent a long weekend in Spain only a few weeks ago and the next meet is for a murder mystery weekend.

I have had some strange people contact me though, but if I didn't remember them I just told them so. They didn't come back - probably offended by the fact that I've such an apalling memory!

Irene

Like 0      
08 May 2008 12:14 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Hi Irene, that's great. I never wanted to pay though to be able to contact anyone. FR now let me do so FREE.  I've had a field day contacting loads.

Like 0      
12 May 2008 4:26 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar
I've just had mail from a girl I went to school with after I sent a 'hello' message via friendsreunited....................haven't spoken to her for 50 years!!! It seems she called her son Benjamin too.............going to mail her back and look at others!!!

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
13 May 2008 2:02 PM by spiritofspain Star rating in Riviera del Sol, Mij.... 114 posts Send private message

spiritofspain´s avatar

Hi all

Like you l noticed that FRU had become a 'free' service so l plucked up courage to email the sister of an old school friend that l lost contact with over 25 years ago.

Amazing but she has been living in Estepona for the last 13years - and l am just 45 minutes away at Mijas Costa !! We had a meet up last Wednesday spending a happy few hours dredging up the memories.

Hopefully we wont loose touch again!!

Margery

www.losarqueros.iowners.net  and www.calahondapark.iowners.net

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

washing powder - 3 posts
Regarding forum rules, can THIS be implemented, Justin ? - 8 posts
Please help the - - 4 posts
management fees community fees - 1 posts
registering british car in spain - 4 posts
hi - 2 posts
have you had a bad time buying in Spain? - 5 posts
Airport Transfer - 3 posts
European Commission gives a TV advertising ultimatum to Spain - 4 posts
Increase the Financial Services Compensation Scheme limit to at least £100,000. - 2 posts
TELMICRO (CHANNELS GONE !!) - 62 posts
are you my neighbour - 1 posts
managenent fees/connunial charge - 12 posts
promises promises - 0 posts
Dogs to Spain from NON EU country - 0 posts
Hello - 8 posts
TAXing questions? - 3 posts
Boards showing new last posts, but then .....??? - 5 posts
Car hire in Los Alcazares - 3 posts
Thread problems - 2 posts
developers starting selling property in Sterling.. - 19 posts
Justice reforms - 6 posts
Still a UK Resident ? - Maximise your Principal Private Residence Relief - 0 posts
EOS Learn Spanish ebook - 2 posts
WEB SITE FOR COMMUNITY - 22 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x