managenent fees/connunial charge

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
06 May 2008 12:00 AM by leigh_bristol Star rating in Bristol. 243 posts Send private message

leigh_bristol´s avatar
i have just come back from spain and i was told that managenent fees /connunial charge well not have to be paid untill the resort is finshed is that true?i hope so somethink got go in are favour

Like 0      
06 May 2008 10:25 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar
Community fees are not payable until a community is formed. This is done when the buildings are 'handed' over from the builder to the owners who will form the community.

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
07 May 2008 9:57 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
You will be liable for community fees from the day you completed on your property.  If you have already completed then you will need to contact your administrator and make sure they have all your contact details...and your all important bank account!

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
07 May 2008 10:04 AM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar
Justin, we completed in the November but there was NO Community formed till March and that was when we started paying Comm Fees from. Of course ours was a new build with no community already formed.

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
07 May 2008 10:18 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
That is a bit odd actually Karen.  Normally you are liable for the fees from the moment you complete as that is the point that you become the rightful owner of the property and are liable for all debts on that property.

Even in situations where the developer still hasn't finished parts of a development you are generally liable for your own fees from the date of completion.  Maybe you just had a really nice developer!

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
07 May 2008 10:42 AM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

No our developer was not nice....................in fact it would be really good if he finished off what he promised when we bought the place!!

The Community wasn't formed until the next March, so there was no budget, so there was no fees due.

Certainly,you are liable for all the debts on the property from the moment you sign ( like say, if there are unpaid comm fees ) but you can't paid community fees on a new build until they have been set by the community.

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
07 May 2008 10:44 AM by viva cape town Star rating. 23 posts Send private message

Hello

WE have purchased an apartment in El Mirador de Mijas 2 years ago.It is in the last part of the development.To date despite having phoned and emailed the president j have still not received the amount of community fees to pay.

What do you think the next step is?

Bernard

Cape Town

South Africa

Like 0      
07 May 2008 11:05 AM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

Our developer undertook to pay all fees in relation to the running of the development until the community was formed.

We were asked to make 2 contributions of 150 & 100 euros to assist with the running costs but we are due a refund of something (don't know if it is all or part!) in the next couple of weeks.

Bernard - If you haven't been able to get a figure from your president, try the administrators. Ours had proposed figures in place long before the community was formed & the president elected.

Regards

Noreen 

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
07 May 2008 5:10 PM by deniseatnycs Star rating in Sol Golf Nr Villamar.... 136 posts Send private message

deniseatnycs´s avatar

I will post this in the Community topics as many new to the board are asked to look there for answers to Community issues and will not look here in general queries.

Like Karensun, we bought before the Community was formed.  Our neighbour and ourselves were the only ones  to move in (March 2004, the properties were six months ahead of schedule)  and the Community was formed in November of that year.  Actually our developer was excellent in the sense that he finished everything off, even the pool area, and did not charge any owner for the use of builder´s electric or water. 

We did not pay any charges until the Community was formed.

Our problem was with the Administrator he gave us (his cousin, who was not actually an Administrator) and the pool cleaner (another cousin) who again knew nothing about pools.  He also set the fees at 180 euros as he still owned most of the properties at the time the Community was formed. and this is the amount he expected to pay until we had an Emergency General Meeting) and increased the fees to 380 euros.  I have also to add that under pressure (from me) he has paid all of his outstanding fees plus penalties and even now four years after our phase was built wil come back and sort out problems that are arising with properties.

I have to realise, reading this and other forums that we have been very fortunate in our builder´s Prontisol.

Reading Viva Capetown´s reply I cannot believe that any President would not act the instant someone contacts them over fees.  Having spent two hours at the Administrators this morning going over the fine details before we approach the courts I only wish we could have such phone calls.  Do you have the name of the Administrator (and phone number ) Bernard, they should be able to help.  The builder should have these numbers if you are a new development.

Like 0      
07 May 2008 5:24 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
I wish Justin would move everything into correct boards. It's a maze (& I know my way around.) Far too much is just being put into General Chat. I mentioned this before & got laid into & called sarcastic so that's all I'm saying but  !!!!

Like 0      
07 May 2008 5:27 PM by deniseatnycs Star rating in Sol Golf Nr Villamar.... 136 posts Send private message

deniseatnycs´s avatar
Sorry if I have stepped on anyones toes.  I just find it difficult not too answer even if it is in the wrong section.  The problem also arises if I get a query or email on a subject and I usually say to look on this site under Community and they will find it has been covered, then later I realise it was in a thread with another heading!

Like 0      
07 May 2008 5:33 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Denise.

Please be assured I certainly wasn't speaking about your post, I know you just added to a thread already begun.

I also find it hard not to answer  though, because I tend to try to direct members to boards (giving links I've spent time searching for) with threads similar so they maybe get more info, that's sometimes mistaken for me being sarcastic. Think I post enough on EOS not to be termed that ! Anyway..................................

This message was last edited by morerosado on 5/7/2008.

Like 0      
07 May 2008 5:50 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Perhaps we could just close this thread & new posts put into Denise's new thread management fees community fees in correct board ? Seems appropriate.

Can I ask that this thread (maybe) is closed ? Post further in management fees community fees A link to this thread will be posted in the above thread to direct you to this one. Hope that's ok with members & Justin.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

promises promises - 0 posts
Dogs to Spain from NON EU country - 0 posts
Hello - 8 posts
TAXing questions? - 3 posts
Boards showing new last posts, but then .....??? - 5 posts
Car hire in Los Alcazares - 3 posts
Thread problems - 2 posts
developers starting selling property in Sterling.. - 19 posts
Justice reforms - 6 posts
Still a UK Resident ? - Maximise your Principal Private Residence Relief - 0 posts
EOS Learn Spanish ebook - 2 posts
WEB SITE FOR COMMUNITY - 22 posts
Those grilles that need painting !! - 8 posts
Minorca - 2 posts
Gran Alacant, Costa Blanca - 4 posts
Banco Halifax - 5 posts
CHEMISTS/FARMACIA - 16 posts
Justin, re last 20 threads - 8 posts
Is this a legal letter? - 6 posts
UK Self Assessment - 5 posts
Going Out To Tender! - 0 posts
Beds Almoradi/Dolores/Orihuela Area - 5 posts
New London Mayor - 20 posts
Increased costs for Ryanair luggage from Mon 5th May - 10 posts
Buying Property in Trampolin Hills Albudeite - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 13

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x