A new month, March, begins. Morerosado is "retiring" with her OH on 13th !

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
01 Mar 2008 12:00 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi to my many friends here

On March 13th, his 60th birthday  my husband is taking early retirement.

Obviously I will want to spend my time with him.

Firstly, we are leaving on 17th March for almost a month to spend time in our villa in Spain, where we can   & we'll be  . We'll be meeting some of you whilst there.

After that I will pop into EOS on occasions, I just can't, in future, spend the hours I am doing, on the pc.

I've made endless friends on the forum so I'm keeping in touch with these on messenger & by email.

AND I'M HERE TILL 13TH SO (I haven't a piccie for pick my brains).  

I shall answer any PMs, ok  !

Sorry the video I made suddenly decided not to work.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 3/1/2008.

Like 0      
01 Mar 2008 3:05 PM by laineybgood Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

to  Morerosados' other half

not met you yet. hope to have that pleasure in october. have a great birthday and enjoy your break next week.

laineybgood xxx

Like 0      
01 Mar 2008 7:53 PM by Sten46 Star rating in Hatton, Derbyshire &.... 243 posts Send private message

Well - congratulations, dang your hide - you beat me to it!!!

Sixteen more pay-days!

Enjoy, and see you in Espana from time to time, I hope.

Steve (and Jan.)

Steve.

Like 0      
02 Mar 2008 1:13 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

167 views  & 2 posts ......... However, it's Mothers Day in the UK though (Dec 8th in Spain is Mothers Day) so I hope all you lot are taking your precious mums out to lunch if you're lucky enough to live near enough or they are still with you. Sadly mine's not here anymore.

Thanks Steve & Jan also lainey for good wishes.

Thank you Maureen for sending this PM. You're going to miss my pictures, I know though.

3/1/2008 2:36:00 PM

leema

Sent to:

morerosado
Congratulations to the both of you, you have been a wonderful help on EOS, just hope you both have a long and happy retirment and many more happy years in Spain together.

Take Care

All our best wishes to you both

Maureen & Dennis

This message was last edited by morerosado on 3/2/2008.

Like 0      
02 Mar 2008 5:52 PM by jane b Star rating in Bedar, Almeria. 222 posts Send private message

jane b´s avatar

Welcome to the Club, More.  We call ourselves Saga Louts here.  Birth Certificate and bodies say pensioned off but at heart still unruly teenagers!  As you know, my OH joins the REAL pensioner club on the same day - Finally Gordon Brown has to pay us something!

All the best to you both:

Jane

www.fincalaserenidad.com

Like 0      
02 Mar 2008 9:17 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Thanks Jane. 224 views & 4 posts  

I got all 224 viewers on camera.  

Like 0      
02 Mar 2008 10:26 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

More..

we will certainly miss you a lot.

Love from Algeciras,

Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
02 Mar 2008 10:31 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
  Maria. As I said though, " I will pop into EOS on occasions, I just can't, in future, spend the hours I am doing, on the pc."

Like 0      
03 Mar 2008 8:08 AM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar

Enjoy your "retirement" More.

We'll be doing the same when this house sells.  YAY!

Laury

Laury

Like 0      
03 Mar 2008 9:28 AM by J&N Star rating in Nottinghamshire. 342 posts Send private message

J&N´s avatar
I hope you enjoy some quality time chilling together, I can't wait until me & mine can do the same - not long now.

Jacqui

http://relocatetospain.blogspot.com our adventure from deciding to move to Spain to being here and moving back to the UK.

Like 0      
03 Mar 2008 9:42 AM by JPD Star rating in Hull, East Yorkshire.... 391 posts Send private message

JPD´s avatar

Hi More and Chris, Enjoy your retirement and have a happy 60th birthday on 13th Chris!

Oooh, more time to spend in sunny Spain...Fantastic...enjoy!

Best wishes to you both,

John and Trish xx

Like 0      
03 Mar 2008 9:50 AM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Hi More,

Guess some peoples loss will be my gain then as hopefully i will see more of you and chris in the office...........

You do realise you wil have to get some "eos patches" to help with the withdrawal of not being the forums biggest contributor....

Tell Chris happy birthday and see you both soon.

Like 0      
03 Mar 2008 7:14 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Congratulations and good luck for the future. Now you'll be able to spend less time thinking about it and posting about it, and more time DOING it!!!!!!

(Mr. & Mrs. More in the sun!)

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
03 Mar 2008 7:41 PM by hudsey Star rating in Hexham, Northumberla.... 120 posts Send private message

hudsey´s avatar

Happy Birthday to Chris.    I wish  I was  following you out there,  still  have a long time to wait.  Sorry to see you are  retiring, you have helped so many people with your valuable knowledge.  Hope  to see you soon. xx

Like 0      
04 Mar 2008 2:15 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
 everyone, getting closer now. I've had lots of PMs & emails. I'll be staying in touch with so many, for certain.

Countdown Clocks at WishAFriend.com

Like 0      
04 Mar 2008 2:23 PM by VickiT Star rating in Bournemouth. 121 posts Send private message

Have a fab 'retirement'!  Things just won't be the same without you....

Like 0      
04 Mar 2008 2:38 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Chris I hope that you have a fabulous retirement and bring the BH under control (fat chance). I hope for you both that the twilight years actually turn into the sunlight years and you can now truly to begin to enjoy life to the full without the burden of 9 to 5 - mind you More we will miss your ever present source of knowledge and direction to where an answer can be found - now I know why you were so keen to get yourself to 3000 posts so quickly - you knew you werent going to be around quite as much in the future.

Whatever happens enjoy it wherever you are spending your time and dont be a complete stranger - as if i needed to say that!!

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
04 Mar 2008 3:11 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

It'll sure be different with the OH around, Smiley. I've got a long list of jobs for him for after we return from Spain on April 10th. By then, 25 days 24/7 with me, he'll be so happy to be outside & out of my hair. I may pop in the bucket to say hi then, let you know I'm still alive & kicking. At some point we aim to venture south to your neck of the woods, we have friends who have relocated to Mijas from Plymouth who want us to go stay with them. Just internet friends actually but for a very long time, we've never met yet.

Thank you for your kind wishes. If we decide to sell in Spain & rebuy there we'll want a mortgage.

Countdown Clocks at WishAFriend.com

Like 0      
04 Mar 2008 3:57 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Well if you do I will see if i can recommend someone....LOL

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
05 Mar 2008 3:48 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

The business I've chucked your way we should have your services FREE. AND you nearly wrecked my PC with the massive wmv file you sent !  

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

sky - 2 posts
Opticians. - 0 posts
THE BEACH HOUSE - 10 posts
security grilles - 38 posts
Musician looking for work - 1 posts
break ins common on new`builds - 1 posts
Cave houses in Rojales - 20 posts
Zeniamar - 7 posts
Spring Sale from Thomsonfly - 0 posts
Disney in Spain - 5 posts
Due to Complete and at a loss to know which way to turn - 8 posts
Snagging Company - Mojacar Area - 2 posts
Condado de Alhamo - 3 posts
Airports-dont forget - 4 posts
Exchange Rates - 22 posts
HOUSE IN SPAIN - CHANNEL 4 - 12.30 til 13.30 uk time - 5 posts
coming over on 11th march !! - 2 posts
Hacienda Requelme Golf Resort - 25 posts
Andalucia Day - 2 posts
Peter and Theresa - 3 posts
6-8 week Rental required, Costa Brava Area, May and June - 1 posts
Costa Brava small property rental required for May and June 2008 - 0 posts
Fay Nights - 0 posts
Isnt it time for a new meet?? - 14 posts
SPANISH CLUB, HELP YOU LEARN, FORUM ETC - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 80

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x