coming over on 11th march !!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
28 Feb 2008 12:00 AM by burgers Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi everyone, "burgers" here. This is the first time i've written in but i've been reading all the horror stories re. costa del sol eg market crashing, crime etc. I am visiting on march 11th with a view to buying a property for around £150,000. Could some one install some  confidence back into me or should i just stay clear ? I was hoping to buy in the region of cala honda. Any thoughts/ ideas welcome from you guys out there asap. Thanks.

Like 0      
28 Feb 2008 3:22 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi burgers

** EDITED ** Why not just put CALA HONDA PROPERTIES into Google & see what comes up. Rather depends on what you're after, doesn't it ? Good luck.

Like 0      
28 Feb 2008 3:24 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Hi Burgers - love the name but its made me feel hungry now!

Im near the Calahonda area - 150k sterling should give you a195,000 euros at a rate of 1.3 and you should get yourself a nice 2 bed property for that an still have enough to pay purchase costs.

As you are Im sure aware, the property market is not good at all for sellers, but good for buyers if you know what to look for and are careful! A 65 sqm metre apartment plus terrace and parking and storeroom should be in the region of 160-180,000 euros - not beachside where they are more expensive but you can pick those up from around 260k euros.

It does depend on what you want.

Crime isnt as bad as its made out to be - if you leave your car door open or house front door then its likely an opportunist will grab what they can. Violent crime is very rare. Just ensure you lock up when you leave the property and you will be fine.

Pickpockets haunt people at markets mainly and bag snatchers will grab form anyone in bars, supermarket parking areas and go for easy targets, so all just common sense really.

Enjoy your trip and we are all still living here so either mad or enjoying it! Ive been here 13 years, no plans to move away at all and luckily never beena victim of crime. Good luck

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Hacienda Requelme Golf Resort - 25 posts
Andalucia Day - 2 posts
Peter and Theresa - 3 posts
6-8 week Rental required, Costa Brava Area, May and June - 1 posts
Costa Brava small property rental required for May and June 2008 - 0 posts
Fay Nights - 0 posts
Isnt it time for a new meet?? - 14 posts
SPANISH CLUB, HELP YOU LEARN, FORUM ETC - 1 posts
Pinar de campoverde - 10 posts
New to EOS and looking to buy in Spain - 4 posts
Europa Goldcar rip off at Murcia - 0 posts
Easter Cultural Fiestas Costa del Sol - 2 posts
Spanish Plumbing - 9 posts
Search Facility - 5 posts
advice please - 3 posts
Long term Rental - Alpujarras - 0 posts
Fishing Tackle Shop - 2 posts
Reported to Social Security - 5 posts
first occupational licence / who is in - 1 posts
als pal - 0 posts
va va voom - 1 posts
CAR BOOT SALES - 2 posts
Account Opening Fees - 3 posts
Certificate of Habitation (or lack of) Block 7, square 3. - 1 posts
Consumer rights regarding faulty merchandise - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x