THE BEACH HOUSE

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
01 Mar 2008 12:00 AM by Cioffi1 Star rating in London & Calahonda . 216 posts Send private message

Cioffi1´s avatar

Just back from a WET & WINDY two weeks in Calahonda (good rest shame about the weather) We saw a couple of ads for this restaurant but didn't get there - have any of you been and if so is it worth a visit? I would add that we hardly went out at all as we ordered a new kitchen in the first week and after that my husband went on an economy drive!

Like 0      
01 Mar 2008 1:10 PM by sandra Star rating in . 812 posts Send private message

sandra´s avatar

Hi Cioffi,

"my husband went on an economy drive!"

I hope he wasn't expecting you to cook in the new kitchen!

Doesn't he realise they are to look at, admire and maybe polish?

But cook in it!!!!

Heck! anything more than boiling a kettle would be sacrilege!

Like 0      
13 Apr 2008 5:17 PM by promedia Star rating in Cheshire/Riviera del.... 134 posts Send private message

The Beach House is for us the best restaurant on the CdS, we have been twice now since we discovered it whilst reading an article from anthony worrall thomson who said it was his favouite restaurant, so on that recommendation we tracked it down and now its a guaranteed event for us on every holiday.

Food is European, service is silver service with a smile on every waiters/waitressess face all the time which makes a massive change. but the chef has his own twist on everything, and there are always little extras that appear on the table between courses to surprise you.

My wife never has a starter, so that she can manage the sweet!

Its not the cheapest restaurant on the CdS they do a 2 or 3 course set menu, cannot remember the cost think its about 30 euros a head!!! plus wines coffees and liqueres. However its a treat and highly recommended.

If you have friends to take out, take them here and they will be impressed with your choice.

Ian Cook - Golf Gardens Miraflores - The best place to live on the Costa del Sol

"A day without sunshine is like.................night"

Like 0      
13 Apr 2008 6:02 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
Where exactly is the Beach House?  Would love to check it out in the summer!

Like 0      
13 Apr 2008 6:30 PM by sandra Star rating in . 812 posts Send private message

sandra´s avatar

Pitby,

It's in Elveria and here's a link to a map:-

http://www.thebeachhousemarbella.com/map.html

The restaurant also has a website which I found by 'Googling'. There is also a copy of the menu. It all sounds utterly disgustingly wicked if you get my drift. Another place to avoid like the plague it seems!

Like 0      
13 Apr 2008 7:12 PM by Cioffi1 Star rating in London & Calahonda . 216 posts Send private message

Cioffi1´s avatar

I'm going out for 5 days on 23rd April and feel it is my duty to go - having gone on to the web site and read the review from our EOS member, I feel it could be another CDS eatery that truly deserves to go on THE AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE LIST.

Don't worry guys I'll sacrifice my taste buds for an evening - I feel it's my duty!

Like 0      
27 Apr 2008 10:54 PM by Cioffi1 Star rating in London & Calahonda . 216 posts Send private message

Cioffi1´s avatar
Well...I forced myself to go to The Beach House and it MUST be added to the ALTP list! Really save yourselves the trouble  - you really won't enjoy it one bit. Apart from the scrumptious average food the service staff are so friendly and cheerful that after a while they'll just get on your nerves!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

security grilles - 38 posts
Musician looking for work - 1 posts
break ins common on new`builds - 1 posts
Cave houses in Rojales - 20 posts
Zeniamar - 7 posts
Spring Sale from Thomsonfly - 0 posts
Disney in Spain - 5 posts
Due to Complete and at a loss to know which way to turn - 8 posts
Snagging Company - Mojacar Area - 2 posts
Condado de Alhamo - 3 posts
Airports-dont forget - 4 posts
Exchange Rates - 22 posts
HOUSE IN SPAIN - CHANNEL 4 - 12.30 til 13.30 uk time - 5 posts
coming over on 11th march !! - 2 posts
Hacienda Requelme Golf Resort - 25 posts
Andalucia Day - 2 posts
Peter and Theresa - 3 posts
6-8 week Rental required, Costa Brava Area, May and June - 1 posts
Costa Brava small property rental required for May and June 2008 - 0 posts
Fay Nights - 0 posts
Isnt it time for a new meet?? - 14 posts
SPANISH CLUB, HELP YOU LEARN, FORUM ETC - 1 posts
Pinar de campoverde - 10 posts
New to EOS and looking to buy in Spain - 4 posts
Europa Goldcar rip off at Murcia - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x