Andalucia Day

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
27 Feb 2008 12:00 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

We are celebrating Andalucia Day tomorow: holidays... for many of us a long vacation bridge from Thursday to Monday.

I will be visiting Seville, where I attended Law School.... some years ago  

Have a great Andalucia break!

Maria

This message was last edited by mariadecastro on 2/28/2008.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
28 Feb 2008 11:38 AM by JohnKath Star rating. 157 posts Send private message

Hi Maria,

We were in Sevilla 2 weeks ago, what a lively student town it is. We parked opposite the university and walked up to the cathedral then up the street opposite the Giraldo tower. It is full of touristy nick - nack shops but also some great bars and tappas restraunts one about halfway to the first bend is so full of students they almost close the street. It was the weekend of the Sevilla Barca match and two groups of opposing fans stood on either side of the street just there and sang really heartily their club songs. No violence or bad language. We had lunch up at the first bend in a really popular (with Spanish) tappas bar. It was very warm and we wandered all the way to the northern end of the new tram tracks and caught the tram back to our car a great day.

However what I really want to get is a Sevilla flag "No me ha Do" but I could not find one anywhere except hanging on the front of city hall and I think they might have objected if I had "borrowed that one (oh for student courage again many years ago I climbed scaffolding outside Bradford town hall and borrowed theirs for rag week).

Do you know how I could get one legally of course.

Regards,

John.

Like 0      
28 Feb 2008 1:18 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Happy Andalucia Day to everyone. 

Have a nice time in Seville Maria.  We've been there a few times, it's a great city. Last time we went was in July last year but I wouldn´t recommend it at that time of year!

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Peter and Theresa - 3 posts
6-8 week Rental required, Costa Brava Area, May and June - 1 posts
Costa Brava small property rental required for May and June 2008 - 0 posts
Fay Nights - 0 posts
Isnt it time for a new meet?? - 14 posts
SPANISH CLUB, HELP YOU LEARN, FORUM ETC - 1 posts
Pinar de campoverde - 10 posts
New to EOS and looking to buy in Spain - 4 posts
Europa Goldcar rip off at Murcia - 0 posts
Easter Cultural Fiestas Costa del Sol - 2 posts
Spanish Plumbing - 9 posts
Search Facility - 5 posts
advice please - 3 posts
Long term Rental - Alpujarras - 0 posts
Fishing Tackle Shop - 2 posts
Reported to Social Security - 5 posts
first occupational licence / who is in - 1 posts
als pal - 0 posts
va va voom - 1 posts
CAR BOOT SALES - 2 posts
Account Opening Fees - 3 posts
Certificate of Habitation (or lack of) Block 7, square 3. - 1 posts
Consumer rights regarding faulty merchandise - 1 posts
Juande Ramos : A Spanish Legend and a Developer who Delivers.... - 12 posts
The Blue Palm, Marbella - 19 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x