New development. What do people usually do for digital TV

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
21 Feb 2008 12:00 AM by Margo Star rating in London/Duquesa. 298 posts Send private message

Just about to complete on a development and we were wondering, what is the norm for kitting ourselves out with UK channels? We were thinking that most residents probably don't want to look at a bunch of sat. dishes sticking out from numerous balconies, but it will probably take some time to fill our development up, so a communal one might not be happening for quite a while yet. Any suggestions? Margo

Like 0      
21 Feb 2008 6:29 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Margo

Update your profile with your area in Spain & maybe your development & we'll advise.

We've just had Telmicro ( in Torrevieja area) put us English channels on but our community had them rig a mast in communal pool area first so no one needs a dish. Ask your President to organise this if possible, makes it so much neater.

Like 0      
21 Feb 2008 7:28 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

On our development an owner pays the €500- €600 for their system, which includes dish, box, installation, etc, usually fitted out of the way on a roof. The dish is fitted with a quad lnb which allows four outputs from the dish. You can get an octo quad, but apparently they are not very reliable. If anyone else wants satellite, they plug their box into one of the feeds and pay the person that originaly had the dish installed €75 towards the cost.

HTH

Mark

Like 0      
22 Feb 2008 1:30 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
At Christmas we paid 490€ for installation & box & a years rental upfront was 205€ to Telmicro. During the year they often do special offers but we wanted it sorted for Christmas & were prepared to pay full price. As I said before our community had Telmicro install a communal mast by our communal pool.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 2/22/2008.

Like 0      
22 Feb 2008 5:27 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
Your development will already (by law) be set up to receive Spanish Terrestiral Digital TV. Buy a cheap receiver in any local store such as Carrefour, and you will get 25 or so channels. Any that broadcast programs originally made in English (movies etc) you can change the language back to English. It's a start, and other than that, start watching Spanish TV to help improve your Spanish (like I do - not!)

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
20 Jun 2008 4:11 PM by Sonia El Star rating in Wales / Carvajal, F.... 212 posts Send private message

Hijacking this thread for some information.  Being totally inept electronically if we buy one of these cheapo 'freeview' boxes from the local hypermarket what do we do? Is it just plugged into the aerial socket on the wall one end and TV at the other? We've looked at them but not sure if any brand is better than another. So any suggestions welcome.

We already get 10 - 12 Spanish channels from whatever communal system is in use and don't want to lose those. Our community also have an arrangement with a local satellite provider for Sky but not that desperate to pay for something that we wouldn't use that much but would like a bit more choice on winter evenings.

Like 0      
20 Jun 2008 5:35 PM by satandpcguy Star rating in Gandia, Valencia. 399 posts Send private message

satandpcguy´s avatar
normally the way the cables go are :
aerial cable into TDT receiver aerial input
then 
scart from tdt reciver to TV - allows digital channels to be seen on the TV
aerial cable from tdt receiver aerial output to tv aerial input - allow you to see you analogue channels also.

tdt - the spainish equivilent of freeview

i have had some clients buy 30 euro recivers from places like euoski and carrefour only for them to fail within the month.
i use / sell illusion receivers,. and (touch wood) none have failed so far.

www.satandpcguy.com Satellite TV & Sky TV in Spain installers. Costa Blanca, Azahar and Valencia areas.

"Like" us on Facebook

Like 0      
17 Jul 2008 8:02 AM by omar1386 Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

At Christmas we paid 490€ for installation & box & a years rental upfront was 205€ to Telmicro. During the year they often do special offers but we wanted it sorted for Christmas & were prepared to pay full price. As I said before our community had Telmicro install a communal mast by our communal pool.

Hope that helps x

Like 0      
17 Jul 2008 12:39 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
OMAR, WHY ARE YOU COPYING & PASTING MY POST FROM EARLIER IN THE THREAD ??

22 Feb 2008 1:30 PM

morerosado
Star rating
** EOS Superstar **

morerosado´s avatar

I'm in Somerset, UK / Guardamar Del Segura on the Costa Blanca (Completed April 2005)

I've made 4799 posts

My blog>>> Our experiences of buying in Spain

This message was last edited by morerosado on 7/17/2008.

Like 0      
17 Jul 2008 1:25 PM by AJB1 Star rating in Benahavis, Costa del.... 63 posts Send private message

I wondered why Omar had done that too!

I'm looking for a little advice.

We have brought a Panasonic LCD TV over from the UK. On digital DVB we can get 4 Sanish channels plus 2 radio stations - the sound and picture are perfect. On analogue the autotune finds about 7 Spanish channels with a perfect picture but the sound is very fuzzy on most of them. Does anyone have any idea why this would be or how we can make the sound clear?

Thank you.

Like 0      
17 Jul 2008 2:25 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

Have been reading the thread under this one and found the following answer from PCand Satguy

Whoops tried to copy and paste but it wouldn't work.

Look under UK TV in Spain as I think it answers your question about the loss of sound

Like 0      
17 Jul 2008 4:00 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
I notice Omar's quiet. I spied other posts he had copied & pasted from too. If you're going to copy & paste other members work Omar, you should credit them with it & NOT infer YOU wrote it. I have no objection to anyone doing that. I work hard on this forum as others know. It takes me ages to type with one finger as I'm not a typist. It takes me ages to Google for info, often getting a Trojan into the bargain, much to my OH's annoyance as he maintains I do far too much for others who are quite able to Google themselves, so I won't permit you to accept credit for posts that you've blatantly done a copy/paste job on !! Rant over for now.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 7/17/2008.

Like 0      
17 Jul 2008 6:44 PM by satandpcguy Star rating in Gandia, Valencia. 399 posts Send private message

satandpcguy´s avatar
spanish analogue tv channels use a different sound frequency to UK tv channels. therefore you may get a good picture but noise if you plug your UK TV into a spanish analogue aerial. many modern lcd / plasmas allow you to select the country you are in, and therefore it should select the correct sound systems. using UK appliancies like dvd and sky boxes are ok to use as these should be connected via the scart / euroconnectors, which handles the sound differently.

TDT (digital terrestrial) you can get up to 30 digital TV channels via your tv aerial on either a TDT / freeview TV or a tdt set top box. the sound on these should not require any changing in sound options. you may have to change the country tho as spainsh TDT services uses channel 69, which is not scanned on a UK TV or freeview box.

try tdt.es for what spanish digital channels are available in your area. you may need to get your aerial reconfigured (rotate it 90 degrees usually), get an additoin aerial for digital and use your exsting aerial for analogue and combine the signal from both to get both, or get a signal amplifier to get the maximum TDT channels.

Phew - all types and not cutandpasted!

www.satandpcguy.com Satellite TV & Sky TV in Spain installers. Costa Blanca, Azahar and Valencia areas.

"Like" us on Facebook

Like 0      
20 Jul 2008 2:01 PM by AJB1 Star rating in Benahavis, Costa del.... 63 posts Send private message

Thanks for the suggestions. 
We're still struggling though and I do think it's to do with the sound on the TV. 
The digital channels are fine (and I looked at tdt.es and it looks like the only chanels we'd get with one of those boxes in our area are the channels we've already got on digital).
I think, like you say, satandpcguy, it'so do with setting the TV toSpain when you first tune it in but it hasn't given us that option.

Like 0      
20 Jul 2008 5:46 PM by satandpcguy Star rating in Gandia, Valencia. 399 posts Send private message

satandpcguy´s avatar
you can also buy a cheap spanish video, link it to your spanish aerial via the coax, and link the video to the tv via scart, and it should work - you use the video as the analogue tv tuner, which outputs the signal to the tv via scart - a simple way of converting the sound systems. if it dont then there is somethink else wrong....

"Like" us on Facebook

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Public Transport - 3 posts
Telephone & Broadband Packages - 6 posts
Telephone & Broadband Packages - 3 posts
rf1798+ rf 1965 - 0 posts
Join in the celebrations for More's 3,000th post party. - 61 posts
CAR RENTAL FOR RENTERS - 0 posts
football clubs for kids? - 7 posts
Project - University of Roehampton - 5 posts
Tour Of Jardines At Condado De Alhama - 2 posts
whats it really like? - 8 posts
working with the elderley in torrevieja - 42 posts
Bilbao or Santander - 4 posts
re - 0 posts
Replacement Shutters - 0 posts
Los montesinos - English speaking doctors? - 4 posts
Sea & Sun Hills, Estepona - 3 posts
What is best Uk taxation or Spanish - 2 posts
help ! any ifo on moving to spain x - 13 posts
Bureaucracy can seriously damage your family ! - 3 posts
Polaris World Nicklaus Trail Offer - 2 posts
Los montesinos - Doctors? - 2 posts
cert of habitation. - 4 posts
Kingo - 2 posts
Other new kid - 15 posts
Glad to be leaving this weather for a few days - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 15

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x