Sea & Sun Hills, Estepona

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
20 Feb 2008 12:00 AM by gillie002 Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

Help!! After 6 years of waiting, my off plan 'investment'  - Sea & Sun Hill, Estapona is ready. The developer - White Compass has gone into administration. I do not now wish to complete on this apartment as I have bought another home in Duquesa. But my lawyer says that I must complete or lose my deposit of 80k euros. Is there anybody experiencing a similar problem? I should be grateful of some advice. I feel that if I complete I shall be throwing good money after bad, but 80k is a lot to throw away. Looking forward to hearing from you. Gillie

Like 0      
20 Feb 2008 3:19 PM by patpur Star rating in Castle Bromwich Bir.... 389 posts Send private message

Hi Gillie l dont think they can make you take it after all that time in fact you should be able to get all your money back + interest etc sent you details to Maria de L castro an execellent  lawyer who advices here on eyeonspain she has helped many people in your situation you will see her posts if you look around the forum pm her (private message) you have nothing to lose and plenty to gain.Regards Pat.

Like 0      
20 Feb 2008 3:35 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Trouble is if they are the actual developers (and its not a spanish name so they may be the promotors and not the actual builders) and they are in administration, you may not be able to get oyur money back.

You should have had a bank guarantee - if not your lawyers could be negligent.

You need to speak to another lawyer asap with all your info - send it to Maria del Castr on this forum and she will be able to advise

Good luck

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
20 Feb 2008 4:43 PM by gillie002 Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

Hi, thanks for your replies. I was with DVA lawyers in Marbella who were locked up because of the money laundering scandal of White Whale!!!!!  They also did not check that the bank guarantee was in place.......... and guess what.... it wasn't. I have had nothing but agro since buying in Spain, it is a shame because it has tainted my view.  All the files were seized from DVA by the judge, and they still have them - three years later.  It is very difficult to find anybody to trust. Having said that I love my place in Duquesa. Thanks for your input - Gillie

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

What is best Uk taxation or Spanish - 2 posts
help ! any ifo on moving to spain x - 13 posts
Bureaucracy can seriously damage your family ! - 3 posts
Polaris World Nicklaus Trail Offer - 2 posts
Los montesinos - Doctors? - 2 posts
cert of habitation. - 4 posts
Kingo - 2 posts
Other new kid - 15 posts
Glad to be leaving this weather for a few days - 6 posts
Wanted TO RENT from March 08 Long term rental.. - 4 posts
SPEAKING PHRASEBOOK - 4 posts
Wanted Property to Rent from March 08 - 3 posts
debt collectors - 0 posts
George Foreman Grills - 23 posts
"Padron" what is it - 32 posts
Our pets - 28 posts
Replacement shutters - 0 posts
Handing back property to the bank - 4 posts
Am i allowed to recomend trades men on this site? Air Con Company? - 5 posts
New kids on the block - 14 posts
Happy Spanish experiences - 0 posts
Valencian land grab - 0 posts
Col - 1 posts
ArranLeeSmith(lorrainebraid)secret snaps! - 0 posts
Hello Everyone - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x