Other new kid

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
19 Feb 2008 12:00 AM by Sunlake Star rating in Northamptonshire & T.... 7 posts Send private message

We have just completed on a new build property in Torrevieja.  Have to say it has been a complete nightmare.  I could write just about every book there is to write about this experience.  We are hoping to move over in October though - still believe life will be better.  Am trying to learn Spanish but it is quite difficult.

Anyway will join in with some of the threads

golfer123

Like 0      
19 Feb 2008 8:36 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Hi Sunlake,

Well, with all the experiences you have with your new property, you are just the right sort of person EOS needs!

You may be able to guide others who are having similar problems.

Good luck with your move, we are just outside Torreveija, you will love it!

We are not living there though, just holiday in our pad.............boo hoo!!!

Kind regards,

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
19 Feb 2008 8:47 PM by emangel Star rating in Northampton. 6 posts Send private message

Hi sunlake

We're moving to Los montesinos near Torrevieja in august. We're also from Northampton and can't wait to leave the place!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like 0      
19 Feb 2008 10:03 PM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 688 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

Hi Sunlake - you don't say where you are buying in Torrevieja - it's a big place!  There are a lot of us on the forum from that area and you will probably find someone from your development.  You can also look to see if your development has its own message board.

Hope things go well from here on!

Like 0      
20 Feb 2008 9:58 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Hi Sunlake

Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear that you have had a difficult time with the buying experience. Keep at it with the Spanish, once you come out here everything that you will have learnt will come in handy.

Susan

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
20 Feb 2008 2:21 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Hi Emangel,

Northampton was the last place i lived before i came to Spain...............

Went back to visit recently,changed a bit!!!!

Like 0      
20 Feb 2008 2:28 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Yes my daughter went to the Neame College their, it is now a University my Nephew has just got his degree from their.  Is Northampton that bad now then?  Mind you it is years since we have been there.    Hi sorry forgot to welcome you two newcomers good luck hope all goes well for you  from now on.  Pat

This message was last edited by Pat and Roy on 2/20/2008.

Like 0      
20 Feb 2008 3:32 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Hi PAT,

Northampton is unrecognisable now,quite a scary place to walk through...........

Like 0      
28 Feb 2008 5:51 PM by mindi Star rating in plymouth uk / torret.... 4 posts Send private message

mindi´s avatar

Hi Sunlake

You have a place just behind me i am in maccarena111. ours is a holiday home and we are next  out in April for a week .

Sorry you had a nightmare in the spanish property, market but  it is sadly  the norm, not many people dont. But when all is complete most have no regrets. the area around sunlake is dotted with bars and resturants, and is a lovelly place.

May be we will see you out there in the not to distant future Mindi 

Like 0      
04 Mar 2008 8:35 PM by Sunlake Star rating in Northamptonshire & T.... 7 posts Send private message

Hi Mindi - have just been out for a week to get if furnished and try to get the snagging sortted - for the second time.  We had Roy Howitt from Inspectahomes do the first snagging and the builders certainly jumped when they saw his report.  He has been excellent and I would truly recommend using his services.  He was very helpful in other aspects too with locksmiths and alarm systems.  We have a great alarm system installed by Mar Menor Alarms.  Hopefully this will prove a deterrent to all those would be rob roys out there.

It is so painful trying to get the builders to complete the snagging but I will persevere and the site office will receive daily emails until they get it sorted.

My OH and I hope to be out again next month so we may meet up hopefully.

Thanks for your response.

My next saga involves the estate agent and I will report on that next month - just don't ask yet!

Like 0      
04 Mar 2008 8:40 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Hi Sunlake & Mindi, please would you update your location on your forum profile to show your Spanish location too as it helps others when you're asking questions about your area & we don't know where that it. Not obligatory just helpful, thanks.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 3/5/2008.

Like 0      
05 Mar 2008 2:58 PM by mindi Star rating in plymouth uk / torret.... 4 posts Send private message

mindi´s avatar
Hi morerosado  I am in torretta on the other side of the road from carrefour, in Torrevieja costa Blanca. Macarrena 111 is next to sunlake, Which is just by the lake

Like 0      
05 Mar 2008 3:29 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Mindi, thanks for location update.

Like 0      
05 Mar 2008 8:22 PM by Sunlake Star rating in Northamptonshire & T.... 7 posts Send private message

Hi - I've just update my location.  Couldn't remember where to do this.

Like 0      
05 Mar 2008 8:30 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Sunlake

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Glad to be leaving this weather for a few days - 6 posts
Wanted TO RENT from March 08 Long term rental.. - 4 posts
SPEAKING PHRASEBOOK - 4 posts
Wanted Property to Rent from March 08 - 3 posts
debt collectors - 0 posts
George Foreman Grills - 23 posts
"Padron" what is it - 32 posts
Our pets - 28 posts
Replacement shutters - 0 posts
Handing back property to the bank - 4 posts
Am i allowed to recomend trades men on this site? Air Con Company? - 5 posts
New kids on the block - 14 posts
Happy Spanish experiences - 0 posts
Valencian land grab - 0 posts
Col - 1 posts
ArranLeeSmith(lorrainebraid)secret snaps! - 0 posts
Hello Everyone - 1 posts
RANGE ROVER VOGUE 2005 4.4 V8 WHITE MINT CONDITION - 5 posts
PMs - An apology - 2 posts
Corrugated plastic roofing panels - 2 posts
Another bit of fun ( ? ) - 9 posts
Bankrupt constructor in Murcia - 1 posts
Urb.St.Louis. - 9 posts
Spanish Law. - 1 posts
So near yet so far - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 15

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x