Glad to be leaving this weather for a few days

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
19 Feb 2008 12:00 AM by J&N Star rating in Nottinghamshire. 342 posts Send private message

J&N´s avatar

We're off to Spain tomorrow for a few days and can't wait to leave this horrible cold weather. I'm not looking forward to leaving the puppies but at least this will be the only time they have to stay behind as next time we go - we will be taking them with us and staying there. I wish we were staying this time, but not too much longer - we are counting the weeks. We have a busy few days, getting our NIE numbers, finding somewhere to live until our house is ready etc, my hubby is none too pleased at having to leave his golf clubs at home. 

Jacqui

http://relocatetospain.blogspot.com our adventure from deciding to move to Spain to being here and moving back to the UK.

Like 0      
19 Feb 2008 5:11 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hope Brandy & Brinkley will be just fine.

Brinkley 14 weeks old                                                                      Brandy 14 weeks old

I made them dogtags    and   

This message was last edited by morerosado on 2/19/2008.

Like 0      
19 Feb 2008 5:25 PM by J&N Star rating in Nottinghamshire. 342 posts Send private message

J&N´s avatar
Thanks for the tags, they will need them while in kennels as they're sure to get them mixed up - only their mum and dad can tell which is which, and we're really going to miss them, but only until we get them back on Sunday.

Jacqui

http://relocatetospain.blogspot.com our adventure from deciding to move to Spain to being here and moving back to the UK.

Like 0      
19 Feb 2008 5:48 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
Hate to tell you but its been raining cats and dogs - Im still soaked after the thunderstorm this morning - and Georgia tells me its the same up there too!!!

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
19 Feb 2008 6:31 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Hi Jacqui, Have a great time yes I have heard the weather is not good at the moment, so Hubby would not have enjoyed his golf'.   Anyway you will be to busy getting everything sorted, hope the queues are not to long for your NIE number I love the dogs.  My daughter has a cavalier they are lovely.   Pat

Like 0      
25 Feb 2008 10:06 AM by J&N Star rating in Nottinghamshire. 342 posts Send private message

J&N´s avatar

Well, we're back. Glad to be home and get the puppies back from kennels although they do seem to have been fine. We were lucky with the weather, it was 18c and fine, mostly cloudy but we did get some sun. I think we timed it just right as I believe it is raining again today. After Rixxy's comments I took an umberella with me and it never came out of my bag - I'm sure if we hadn't got that with us we would have needed it.

The queue for our NIE numbers was really short - when we took our ticket number 97 they were already on 94 so we were seen within 10 minutes. We have someone who completed the forms for us in advance and who is collecting them in 15 days for us so for us, the whole experience was incredibly painfree and didn't cost us anything other then 9€ each, but I can see how much of a problem it could be and I understand solicitors may charge upto 80€ to do this for you!

We then went on to S.J. de los Terroros to look around the show house and I am really pleased with it - the lounge and main bedroom are both larger than I was expecting and the quality of the bathrooms really good, can't wait until we can move in - but still got 9 months to wait until they are ready. We also looked at places to rent in the meantime and so we have set a provisional date for moving out there of the 12th May, providing we have the dogs pet passports ok. So, it's full speed on getting the house emptied and packed up & deciding what we are taking.

Got lots to write on my blog, so anyone interested, there will be loads of photos and info on there over the next few days.

I even used my recently learned Spanish and got some very favourable responses, although the first morning in the hotel I ordered coffee using my well rehearsed spanish phrase only to be answered in english, as the waitress was from the north of england - hey ho!

Jacqui

Like 0      
25 Feb 2008 10:46 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
           Glad all went well for you Jacqui.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Wanted TO RENT from March 08 Long term rental.. - 4 posts
SPEAKING PHRASEBOOK - 4 posts
Wanted Property to Rent from March 08 - 3 posts
debt collectors - 0 posts
George Foreman Grills - 23 posts
"Padron" what is it - 32 posts
Our pets - 28 posts
Replacement shutters - 0 posts
Handing back property to the bank - 4 posts
Am i allowed to recomend trades men on this site? Air Con Company? - 5 posts
New kids on the block - 14 posts
Happy Spanish experiences - 0 posts
Valencian land grab - 0 posts
Col - 1 posts
ArranLeeSmith(lorrainebraid)secret snaps! - 0 posts
Hello Everyone - 1 posts
RANGE ROVER VOGUE 2005 4.4 V8 WHITE MINT CONDITION - 5 posts
PMs - An apology - 2 posts
Corrugated plastic roofing panels - 2 posts
Another bit of fun ( ? ) - 9 posts
Bankrupt constructor in Murcia - 1 posts
Urb.St.Louis. - 9 posts
Spanish Law. - 1 posts
So near yet so far - 4 posts
Newcomer - 9 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x