Transfer Tax

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 Feb 2008 11:47 AM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Its a toughie because when you sign a private purchase contract you havent actually bought a property, you have only bought the rights to buy a property and so it is actually this right to buy a property that they are trying to charge iva/vat on.

It can be understood capital gains, but not the iva which is effectively being paid twice and which many lawyers are saying the law passed does not apply to. It does apply to a resale.

The cancellation used to come in where big profits were being made and the difference usually paid in cash - it was really for the developer to show the taxman he hadnt sold the same unit twice but this was stopped to ensure tax evasion didnt take place.

I guess its to each how its challenged but I have known it where people stood their ground and it was sorted out, no double payment.

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
04 Feb 2008 12:59 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Roberto said "Very interesting, especially since it pretty much contradicts what Maria says"

I'd be very tempted, flying cat, to contact Maria privately about this matter as just maybe she's right & you'll have saved a lot of money. Here are her contact details.

Email her on mldecastro@costaluzlawyers.es     or    marialuisa@costaluzlawyers.es

Maria L. De Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

Like 0      
04 Feb 2008 3:58 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
......and furthermore, Rixxy says she knows of cases where it has been successfully challenged, so yes, it looks like it's well worth digging your heels in over this issue. Good luck all!

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

the castilla, lemon tree road, guadamar - 9 posts
Anyone help with Halifax???? - 6 posts
Bank repossessions - 12 posts
Inside Track - 8 posts
lessons in marbella - 3 posts
Set up fees on an existing business - 0 posts
Free flight with the new easyJet MasterCard (worth £40 inc.tax) - 5 posts
IS THIS FIRM FIT FOR PURPOSE? - 8 posts
Hello Hola! - 3 posts
Help with TV setup. - 6 posts
Data Protection - 2 posts
Hi - 1 posts
looking for hotels on E5 north of Madrid - 1 posts
help - 2 posts
mobile to mobile charges - 3 posts
furniture - 1 posts
HELP NEEDED URGENTLY PLEASE - 33 posts
However do I get rid of unwanted emails ? Anyone with ideas other than what we're doing already ? - 19 posts
Some advice please - 4 posts
Any ideas on furniture - 2 posts
Monarch flights sale - 0 posts
hotels north of Madrid - 0 posts
Maintenance - 5 posts
Hi, I've been using the forum for information for a while now, so thought I'd introduce myself. - 4 posts
Has anyone got any ADVICE, please??? - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 23

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x