Bank repossessions

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
22 Jan 2008 12:00 AM by san miguel Star rating. 288 posts Send private message

san miguel´s avatar

This message was last edited by san miguel on 2/4/2008.

STOP CYBER-BULLYING 

AND PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH

Like 0      
22 Jan 2008 6:38 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Read this thread SM.. It's Starting!!!!

Like 0      
22 Jan 2008 6:43 PM by san miguel Star rating. 288 posts Send private message

san miguel´s avatar

STOP CYBER-BULLYING 

Like 0      
22 Jan 2008 6:49 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

No probs, love the pig with the money.

................................................................................

San Miguel asked

I've noticed some Spanish estate agents are now advertising bank repossessions. In the UK these can be a good buy.

In Spain;-

- Are these a good buy?

- What is the risk?

- what about title deeds?

This message was last edited by morerosado on 1/22/2008.

Like 0      
22 Jan 2008 8:14 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi San Miguel

Can't speak for the Spanish repos but you will find in the UK that as the majority of reposessed properties have high mortgages on them these days so the lenders have to achieve a lot more to cover the debt.  I think that there is a misconception about repos being cheap!

Like 0      
23 Jan 2008 7:38 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

PLease have answers below in blue:

I've noticed some Spanish estate agents are now advertising bank repossessions. In the UK these can be a good buy.

In Spain;-

- Are these a good buy? Usually they are cheaper than market. Anyhow, market prices are falling too now.

- What is the risk? No risk. You buy them in an official public auction

- what about title deeds? They will be granted into your name at your expense and will be registered under your name to in the Lan Registry. You will have, of course, full ownership on them.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
23 Jan 2008 10:09 AM by rowlandsbb Star rating in Gloucestershire &Hue.... 779 posts Send private message

rowlandsbb´s avatar

How do I find details of the official public auctions for say the area between Alicante and Mojacar?

Like 0      
23 Jan 2008 10:14 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar
Public Auctions are held in Courts. The Court dealing with the repossession procedure shows them in its notice board .

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
23 Jan 2008 1:05 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
San Miguel. Advice from Maria is invaluable.  We're honoured she is available to us so freely. (Thank you Maria. Please advise your new website as the one you gave me won't work.)

Like 0      
23 Jan 2008 9:35 PM by san miguel Star rating. 288 posts Send private message

san miguel´s avatar

STOP CYBER-BULLYING 

Like 0      
23 Jan 2008 11:25 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Intersting subject and indeed an avenue for potential purchasers.

All we need now is a list of courts to visit and what's on offer....a business opportunity for someone there me thinks, collating all the info together!

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
24 Jan 2008 10:57 AM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

You need to know your stuff on this. Firstly the good deals tend to be farmed out to friends, family, bank employees, lawyers notaries and their hangers on way before it gets to the open court.

At court you are invited to bid by tender - in writing - its not the open arm up bidding type auction. There will be a notice at the court giving time before the day and time of the tenders.

There are many cartels who specialize in these properties and for a fee will guarantee the property for you!

Also these properties may be clear of mortgage debt but usually have community fees outstanding and other debts from the previous owner which can come out of the woodwork, so ensure you do your homework very well.

It was for all the above reasons that I concentrated on distressed owners who have to sell, just before the bank steps in!

God luck with it.

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
24 Jan 2008 5:53 PM by tinto. Star rating in Scotland & Nr Estepo.... 243 posts Send private message

tinto.´s avatar

I thought this was quite an interesting article

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=newsarchive&sid=aajXobh_gqBc

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Inside Track - 8 posts
lessons in marbella - 3 posts
Set up fees on an existing business - 0 posts
Free flight with the new easyJet MasterCard (worth £40 inc.tax) - 5 posts
IS THIS FIRM FIT FOR PURPOSE? - 8 posts
Hello Hola! - 3 posts
Help with TV setup. - 6 posts
Data Protection - 2 posts
Hi - 1 posts
looking for hotels on E5 north of Madrid - 1 posts
help - 2 posts
mobile to mobile charges - 3 posts
furniture - 1 posts
HELP NEEDED URGENTLY PLEASE - 33 posts
However do I get rid of unwanted emails ? Anyone with ideas other than what we're doing already ? - 19 posts
Some advice please - 4 posts
Any ideas on furniture - 2 posts
Monarch flights sale - 0 posts
hotels north of Madrid - 0 posts
Maintenance - 5 posts
Hi, I've been using the forum for information for a while now, so thought I'd introduce myself. - 4 posts
Has anyone got any ADVICE, please??? - 3 posts
any course fishermen out there - 5 posts
ELECTRICAL GOODS - 34 posts
Aldea Beach Manilva - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 13

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x