Some advice please

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
21 Jan 2008 12:00 AM by scottie Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hi
We have been avid readers of the Eye on Spain website for a couple of years after coming across it when searching for some information on an off plan development we had put money down on. We have found it extremely interesting and informative and seek some help regarding our situation .
To fill you in from the start, in July 2004 we signed up to a contract to purchase an apartment with Aifos on an Off plan development called Puerto Golf Las Colinas in Torrox. We had been seriously considering moving out to Spain and after running it by an independent Spanish lawyer, considered it to be a sound investment. After reading articles on the forums about this company and endless phone /emails, false promises etc , you will not be surprised to know that we have no apartment (Building hasn’t even started..no licences yet approved) and have recently had to authorise our solicitor to take Aifos directors to court for swindle and to see if we can get our money back. We know that there are many others who have been ‘duped’ by this company and would be interested to hear others views, opinions and would value anyones assistance/experience or learn to know if anyone else has had similar dealings with this company.
Fortunately our dream to move to Spain has not been shattered , although the recent fall in the Euro against the pound has made us step back and rethink that maybe we should rent a while. We are now in the position to start looking to buy in Spain and after keeping up to date with your news on Eye on Spain and note that it certainly appears to be buyers market. However, if we have learned a lesson from the above experience it is that we will not be rushing in to anything and would like to have a good look around before we buy and make certain that all the ‘ins and outs’ have been thoroughly investigated! We are seriously considering touring the Spanish coastline for a couple of months in a Mobile Camper. We have already searched the internet and as is always the case there are many sites. We wondered if anyone knew of any reputable hire companies and offer us any useful tips about touring Spain in this way.
Look forward to hearing from you

Like 0      
21 Jan 2008 3:51 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Scottie

Sorry to hear you have fallen foul of Aifos as many have on EOS.

Have you registered with this as many already have ? www.spanishpropertyscandalpetition.co.uk 

Like 0      
21 Jan 2008 3:52 PM by Frustrated Owner Star rating in Torreblanca del Sol. 56 posts Send private message

Frustrated Owner´s avatar

Hi Scottie,

Look at this thread ( one of many ) - not good news I'm afraid

http://www.eyeonspain.com/Secure/MsgBrdsThreads.aspx?dev=C32&name=Cortijo de Torreblanca

Like 0      
21 Jan 2008 3:57 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Thanks for posting link to development board, Frustrated Owner, though I've completed link for Scottie to click on.. http://www.eyeonspain.com/Secure/MsgBrdsThreads.aspx?dev=C32&name=Cortijo%20de%20Torreblanca

Like 0      
21 Jan 2008 6:09 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Great idea Scottie! In fact, in light of the current market, maybe you'd be better off buyng a mobile camper and leave the property thing a while longer yet - it may turn out to be a safer investment!

Don't know of any rental firms - campers are not as big here as in Germany or France, but I'm sure Google will turn up a few leads for you. I know there are several websites dedicated to touring, with forums where you will get all the advice you need. As for the Spanish property issue, especially in light of your unfortunate experience, my advice would definitely be to go for re-sale, and avoid big new urbanizations which could turn out to be built on non-development land, illegally. Stick to well established urban areas with all the infrastructure in place, and you should be OK.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Any ideas on furniture - 2 posts
Monarch flights sale - 0 posts
hotels north of Madrid - 0 posts
Maintenance - 5 posts
Hi, I've been using the forum for information for a while now, so thought I'd introduce myself. - 4 posts
Has anyone got any ADVICE, please??? - 3 posts
any course fishermen out there - 5 posts
ELECTRICAL GOODS - 34 posts
Aldea Beach Manilva - 0 posts
Import duties - 0 posts
the unknown - 14 posts
It's Starting!!!! - 17 posts
Mediterranean sea levels are rising!! - 2 posts
Bristol airport charging for trolleys !!! - 0 posts
Embalse De La Vinuela, The Dream Nightmares Are Made Of. - 1 posts
RENTAL - 1 posts
moving in march do i bring cot and high chair or get new - 4 posts
Downturn in price - 57 posts
Torremendo (near San Miguel de Salinas/Torrevieja - Alicante) - Rubbish Dump - 2 posts
selling your property - 2 posts
my property - 1 posts
Ikea Malaga - 4 posts
For Justin re "selling your property" board - 0 posts
Off Plan La Recolletta - 6 posts
nuerva ribera beach club - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x