Maintenance

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
20 Jan 2008 12:00 AM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi All

Our community is fairly new and we have an extensive e mail list which we all keep in touch with so is very good. Thanks to EOS dev board which got quite a few of us together in the first place. Cheers Justin.

Anyway, we have been paying our community fees since last June and we are all wondering how we go about getting things done. Our gardens are kept sort of OK but do leave a lot to be desired. As soon as everyone had completed the builder didn't want to know (yes typical of all of them). We have a management company that sorts out any queries we have, the main one being gardens and would like to get the lovely cream wall at the front of the building painted as the local graffiti artists took a shine to it. What is it with them?? We were told it is an accepted thing over there!!! Anyway I heard that our pres (who is Spanish) said that if we did they would do it again. That really is my only issue as the rest of the complex is so pretty and as it's early days then I know that in time the gardens will be more established and we have all got ideas on how we would like it. Just wondered if anyone else had any advice on situations like these.

Thanks

Like 0      
20 Jan 2008 5:09 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi G

Seeing as the hooligans are always likely to take advantage of your cream wall once freshly painted, is it an option to put attractive tiles on it ? We see lots of outside walls tiled which might well cost a bit initially but will save the community in time whilst looking so attractive. 

Like 0      
20 Jan 2008 5:21 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi More

Nice idea but unfortunately we are talking about a large area. Sorry should have said, my post implied that it was a garden wall.

Like 0      
20 Jan 2008 5:30 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Well, surely there's a durable professional paint which will be washable ? Otherwise repaint it & ask for community spirit to prevail & all of you go do your own "graffitti". At least then you'll be looking at your own creations.

http://www.graffiticreator.net/

Like 0      
20 Jan 2008 6:14 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar
Graffitti is always a big problem Candyfloss and yes More, there are durable paints about. We have a similar problem, not with graffitti but with paint coming off from the pool surround wall...........................what we will be doing is putting a notice up in the Urb asking for helpers to clean and paint it.......................we did this a bit ago when the black railings needed painting and those who live here all mucked in. It costs very little to do things in this way and really is good for the Community.

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
20 Jan 2008 6:35 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Great

Thanks both will mention it to the other owners and see what we can do with the kitty this year. .

It's not much but looks a bit pikey!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Hi, I've been using the forum for information for a while now, so thought I'd introduce myself. - 4 posts
Has anyone got any ADVICE, please??? - 3 posts
any course fishermen out there - 5 posts
ELECTRICAL GOODS - 34 posts
Aldea Beach Manilva - 0 posts
Import duties - 0 posts
the unknown - 14 posts
It's Starting!!!! - 17 posts
Mediterranean sea levels are rising!! - 2 posts
Bristol airport charging for trolleys !!! - 0 posts
Embalse De La Vinuela, The Dream Nightmares Are Made Of. - 1 posts
RENTAL - 1 posts
moving in march do i bring cot and high chair or get new - 4 posts
Downturn in price - 57 posts
Torremendo (near San Miguel de Salinas/Torrevieja - Alicante) - Rubbish Dump - 2 posts
selling your property - 2 posts
my property - 1 posts
Ikea Malaga - 4 posts
For Justin re "selling your property" board - 0 posts
Off Plan La Recolletta - 6 posts
nuerva ribera beach club - 1 posts
Estudia Espana... cheap Spanish courses? - 5 posts
Easyjet BRILLIANT deal - 7 posts
ray and marilyn - 1 posts
Free business cards for your property - 7 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x