Hi

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
21 Jan 2008 12:00 AM by osteotrev Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Just signed up and hope someone can give me some advice.

I am considering moving out to Spain form the Uk where I have an Osteopath clinic in Essex. I am looking to work in Spain as an osteopath and have been looking at various areas. We have stayed on a polaris site near Murcia and looked around that area and will be visiting marbella in february. I am trying to learn the language (very slowly ) but would be interested in any advice as to where it would be a good area to set up and is there a demand for an english speaking osteopath in certain areas.

I have also been advised not to buy a property but to rent while i build up my business.

Would be grateful for any advice

Thanks

Like 0      
21 Jan 2008 10:30 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Hi and welcome to Eye on Spain.

I live in Manilva which is about 30 minutes from Marbella and in December hurt my back really badly.  Trying to find an osteopath was a little tricky mainly because around Marbella there were quite a few and I didn't know if they were any good or not.

I ended up going with a recommendation based near Sotogrande.  He told me that business was great for him but I think it's because of his location and reputation.  He's also very handsome and hence popular with the ladies, which probably has something to do with his success too

There is a Spanish website that lists all (or most) osteopaths and chiroprctors in Spain so that is probably a good starting point for deciding where to go.

In terms of buying and renting...I think the rental option would be best just in case you can't make your business work in one area you can then just pack up and try again somewhere else.  Much easier to do when renting.

Best of luck with the move.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

looking for hotels on E5 north of Madrid - 1 posts
help - 2 posts
mobile to mobile charges - 3 posts
furniture - 1 posts
HELP NEEDED URGENTLY PLEASE - 33 posts
However do I get rid of unwanted emails ? Anyone with ideas other than what we're doing already ? - 19 posts
Some advice please - 4 posts
Any ideas on furniture - 2 posts
Monarch flights sale - 0 posts
hotels north of Madrid - 0 posts
Maintenance - 5 posts
Hi, I've been using the forum for information for a while now, so thought I'd introduce myself. - 4 posts
Has anyone got any ADVICE, please??? - 3 posts
any course fishermen out there - 5 posts
ELECTRICAL GOODS - 34 posts
Aldea Beach Manilva - 0 posts
Import duties - 0 posts
the unknown - 14 posts
It's Starting!!!! - 17 posts
Mediterranean sea levels are rising!! - 2 posts
Bristol airport charging for trolleys !!! - 0 posts
Embalse De La Vinuela, The Dream Nightmares Are Made Of. - 1 posts
RENTAL - 1 posts
moving in march do i bring cot and high chair or get new - 4 posts
Downturn in price - 57 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x