Anyone help with Halifax????

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
22 Jan 2008 12:00 AM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi There,

Has anyone gto a Halifax spanish mortgage? I have just had my statement for January and it shows 52 euros more than December. Has the interest rate gone up in the last month? I wasn't aware it had. anyone had the same?

Cheers

Like 0      
22 Jan 2008 11:14 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
I've sent you a PM. Gina. I saw someone in another forum say same thing.

Like 0      
22 Jan 2008 11:35 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Thanks More

Saw it and nobody had the answer there either. Maybe exchange rate but can't see that as it is in euros. Will e mail Halifax tomorrow. Why can't they send darn statements in English?? Trying to learn Spanish but only as far as dos cervezas at the moment

Like 0      
22 Jan 2008 11:52 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Gina .. see this link ? http://www.halifax.co.uk/buyinginspain.asp

Go to bottom, see Speak to our UK Customer Services team on 0845 600 3603 or let us know when it's best to call you back. (Lines are open Mon-Fri between 9am to 5pm).

Don’t call us - we’ll call you!

Welcome to the Halifax Banco Hispania Free Callback Service

This service is available 9:00am until 5:00pm Monday to Friday.

Please enter your phone number inc STD (UK Only).  
Please enter your title  
Please enter your name  
When do you wish to be called?
Please disconnect from the Internet after requesting the call if you’re using the same phone line for your Internet access. When you answer your telephone you’ll be connected to Halifax Banco Hispania. Please note that calls may be recorded or monitored for security and customer service purposes.

Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage.

Like 0      
24 Jan 2008 6:56 PM by ajw Star rating in Aberdeen. 1088 posts Send private message

ajw´s avatar

Hola

Am wondering if anyone has any specific comments - good or bad - on both Barclays and Halifax mortgages.  I am looking at several options but would appreciate any advice.

Many thanks.

www.alhamagolfapartment.co.uk

Like 0      
28 Jan 2008 10:24 AM by sharonw Star rating in Coin, Malaga. 281 posts Send private message

sharonw´s avatar

ajw,

Both good lenders,  but depends what you are looking for,  if requiring maximum borrowing then Barclays LTV includes a mortgage indemnity guarantee premium.     Halifax are very tight on their criteria, infact both lenders will carry out a credit check. Also Halifax 15 year Interest Only option is subject to age/mortgage term. 

Regards

Sharon

sharon@tmasspain.com

www.themortgageservicegroup.com

Like 0      
30 Jan 2008 2:40 PM by EyeSore Observer Star rating. 10 posts Send private message

Hi Gina,

Halifax tend to adjust their interest rates on an arrears basis. Depending upon the average EURIBOR for the previous 12 months, that is the rate they apply to a mortgage for the next 12 months.

Sometimes, they adjust the interest rates in line with the anniversary month you originally took out a mortgage. We took one out in July and it is adjusted every August.

Hope this makes sense.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Bank repossessions - 12 posts
Inside Track - 8 posts
lessons in marbella - 3 posts
Set up fees on an existing business - 0 posts
Free flight with the new easyJet MasterCard (worth £40 inc.tax) - 5 posts
IS THIS FIRM FIT FOR PURPOSE? - 8 posts
Hello Hola! - 3 posts
Help with TV setup. - 6 posts
Data Protection - 2 posts
Hi - 1 posts
looking for hotels on E5 north of Madrid - 1 posts
help - 2 posts
mobile to mobile charges - 3 posts
furniture - 1 posts
HELP NEEDED URGENTLY PLEASE - 33 posts
However do I get rid of unwanted emails ? Anyone with ideas other than what we're doing already ? - 19 posts
Some advice please - 4 posts
Any ideas on furniture - 2 posts
Monarch flights sale - 0 posts
hotels north of Madrid - 0 posts
Maintenance - 5 posts
Hi, I've been using the forum for information for a while now, so thought I'd introduce myself. - 4 posts
Has anyone got any ADVICE, please??? - 3 posts
any course fishermen out there - 5 posts
ELECTRICAL GOODS - 34 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x