Polaris World on Watchdog

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
07 Nov 2007 12:00 AM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Darn it, I was hoping it was going to be about Atlas.  Still, looks like Polaris World are up to the same tricks with late builds, dishonouring of contract by ignoring the get out clause and not completing the infrastructure.

Like 0      
16 Nov 2007 1:12 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
16 Nov 2007 1:12 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
21 Nov 2007 3:34 PM by keitdgn Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

tell me about it , i was being messed around terribly and thought i had lost everything , im still trying to get my money back and have bought a new villa from an english developer who has this amazing offer going , they are called pooley-santos, here is thier website, www.pooley-santos.co.uk  i saw thier ad here   http://www.mojacarmagazine.com/page27.html  

and called them basically they are offering to bail people out that are having problems , basically they will credit however much you have lost against one of thier new properties so you dont have to worry, if you are in this position you realy need to read thier ad and look at what they have to offer,  its half way down the page on the right  on that link above,  or just get thier number off the website and give them a call they are down to earth and dont tell lies,  i am happy with my new villa and i still havent had any money back from the other developer but its ok because these people rescued me  i think i have had a very lucky escape!

Like 0      
21 Nov 2007 3:56 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

2 good 2B true, surely ? This is what they say in here >> http://www.mojacarmagazine.com/page27.html

PROPERTY PROBLEMS?

IS MY PROPERTY GOING TO BE LEGAL?

WILL THEY EVER GET THE LICENSES?

CAN I GET MY MONEY BACK?

WILL IT EVER BE FINISHED?

WANT YOUR MONEY BACK?

IF YOU WANT YOUR MONEY BACK READ ON  IF YOU ARE HAPPY WITH  THINGS AS THEY ARE THEN READ NO FURTHER!

So you’ve paid out money on a property and building has stopped, problems with licenses? Problems with planning? Little sign of when your property will be completed, if ever! Would you like a way out of this whole sorry mess? Then read on!

WE WILL CREDIT YOU HOW EVER MUCH YOU HAVE ALREADY PAID TOWARDS YOUR PROPOSED PURCHASE AGAINST THE PURCHASE OF ANY OF OUR NEW PROPERTIES – ITS THAT SIMPLE!

What about the small print, well actually there is none, we don’t do small print!
This offer is only conditional on the following:

1) That should at some stage in the future you receive monies back from your original proposed purchase then we would receive 50% of those monies.
2) Should you subsequently complete on the original purchase we would receive 50% of the difference between current market value and purchase price to a maximum of the amount discounted off of the property you purchased from us.

That’s it, it really is that simple! But why are we doing this? Simple we believe there could be a down turn in the UK housing market in 2008, historically this has always reflected in sales of new properties in Spain. Fortunately 2007 was a very good year for us, thanks mainly to the first class people we work with; we want to continue employing these people during the leaner times so that we still have them when the market turns. In essence we would rather keep our workforce employed even if that means we earn little or no profit than lose our workforce.

If you are still interested check out our website

www.pooley-santos.co.uk  

then give me a call: Steve (0044) 07966 172215

Like 0      
21 Nov 2007 5:15 PM by pooley-santos Star rating in London UK/Huercal Ov.... 58 posts Send private message

I had been told we had been mentioned on this website so have joined to have a look - I am reluctant to say to much  as I think it unfair to use any forum to advertise,but surfice to say ' What You See Is What You Get' - If anybody has any further interest I would suggest they send me a private message, e-mail or phone me.

Steve

To The Moderators: Please ask someone from your advertising department to contact me so that I can actually place an ad - I tried to use your ad link but it would not submit. Many Thanks.

Like 0      
05 Dec 2007 10:13 AM by santorini Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

This is a first for me ,having never embraced forums of any kind before. However, being so insensed by our own buying experience in Spain I thought it would bring some satisfaction for me to publicise my experience.

Early in November 2007 we came to Spain to look at the latest Polaris development at Alhama. The result being that we paid a €3000.00 reservation fee that was refundable and  returned to England. We then had 20 days to complete and sign the contracts. Failure to act in the 20 days would see the Reservation fee returned. Funnily enough while we were away the watchdog programme came on which we obviously missed.

Once home we had a further think about this purchase and decided to abort the exercise. The main reasons were the fact that the Euro was slipping, costs were rising  and the whole financial outlook was bleak, coupled with the fact that our build was some 2 years down the line. You all know what I am going to say, yes your right, trying to get the €3000.00 returned is practically impossible.

After many E-mails and assurances with no resolution we have contacted our credit card company that we used to see if they can help.

The whole experience has left a bitter taste  and as far as Polaris World  is concerned they can join the queue of dodgy Spanish Developers that have been so promenet in the past.

I am now left with the situation of deciding whether to pour good  money  after bad  fighting Polaris through the Spanish legal system or leaving it and putting it down to one of life's  little adventures.           

Like 0      
05 Dec 2007 12:48 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Sorry to hear about your bad experience Santorini.

Did you put the deposit down directly with Polaris World or through one of their agents?  What is their reasoning for not refunding you your money?

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
05 Dec 2007 3:35 PM by santorini Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Justin

Just to say that we were introduced by a Polaris Gold member but we made the reservation with Polaris World directly at their HQ. The Gold Member  assure us that we will be refunded by Polaris  but it may take some time??and it is now in the hands of the Polaris  cancellation team??. As far as Polaris is concerned we have heard nothing about the return of our reservation fee.

I may have got paranoid following the watchdog programme and I still  may get the fee back but my concern is how long is "some time" , a week, a month, 2 months.  

Like 0      
05 Dec 2007 3:52 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi santorini

EOS FORUM

how long is "some time"

Clairvoyance isn't one of our great accolades YET !!!! We are good but not that good.

I rest my case.

PS I edited this to make the picture smaller, NOT to remove any content. I do not consider my post to be offensive though it seems Santorini has taken it  that way.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 12/5/2007.

Like 0      
05 Dec 2007 4:27 PM by santorini Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Ok,

It will be the first and last time I use this  Forum!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like 0      
05 Dec 2007 5:14 PM by pooley-santos Star rating in London UK/Huercal Ov.... 58 posts Send private message

Don't take offence Santorini, I'm sure there was no malice in morerosado's response, in fact sadly it is probably only too accurate! There will be neither rhyme nor reason in when or indeed if your money is refunded, if indeed it is refunded!

Like 0      
05 Dec 2007 6:22 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

santorini,               no need to take out your displeasure on EOS or Morerosado especially.

No one means you any harm and you may find invaluable info on here.

edited for spelling correction only!!

This message was last edited by Karensun on 12/5/2007.

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
06 Dec 2007 10:49 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Santorini, if you do read this then let me know if you want me to look into this for you.  I know a couple of people that work at Polaris who could chase this up for you.   Just PM me your details and I'll see what I can do.

Justin

P.S. I don't think Morerosado meant to cause any offence to you.

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
27 Dec 2007 8:56 AM by JHMurcia Star rating. 753 posts Send private message

Have just read this thread and whilst I cannot comment on refund of deposits we are buying on Condado and so far so good in terms of us remaining happy with that purchase. However, it did take Polaris a couple of months to refund the inspection visit fee despite a number of emails and we did have to request agents who we were also in contact with to intervene on our behalf. As soon as they did we received the visit fee back within the week. Although the Bank Gaurantee took ages to arrive after our deposit it did finally turn up and we now await the next one after our further payment.

We have spoken to people about purchases on other Polaris developments and I think they'd agree that things didnt always happen on the expected day but eventually everything came together. I know that doesnt help when you're waiting to get a sizable chunk of money back or plan to rent your property to help pay for it and the infrastructure takes time to be set up satisfactorily. But I do think television programmes dont always balance their investigations with both negative and positive view points and experiences.

Jan & Mike

Like 0      
27 Dec 2007 9:26 AM by lytton Star rating in Bath & North East So.... 422 posts Send private message

Hi, I think JHMurcia is correct in what he says. I too have bought on Condado and ever since putting my deposit down have had a roller-coaster time as whether to continue with the purchase based on comments made on various forums. It has been either reassuring comments made by EOS members or the fact that I have paid my money that I have continued with it.

I think most of my worries are down to the fact that this is my first adventure into buying in Spain and the issues this brings. I do admit that I probably should have taken a bit more time before buying but, as long as things go well and things are completed on time and PW make every effort to progress with the infrastructure I will be happy. I'm sure that this applies to other large builds in Spain, not just PW.

I have to say that PW do let thenselves down badly when it comes to customer service. I have on many occasions e-mailed them with a query and they have never replied. However, they are very quick to contact me with a reminder for payment and any contact to do with payment is very prompt. If they paid more attention to this and stopped trying to get out of things when they should be helping, I'm sure they would do much better in the popularity stakes. Sorry if I appear to have gone on but I guess what I'm trying to say is that sometimes it pays to put your concerns to someone or something such as the EOS forum and take a deep breath. It does help.!

Phil  

Like 0      
27 Dec 2007 9:47 AM by JHMurcia Star rating. 753 posts Send private message

I think your experience sounds a lot like ours Phil. We haven't seriously considered pulling out of Condado and in fact now we can see from photographs how much the development has come on, are happy about our decision. The various 'Jardines' photographs also clearly demonstrate how huge the development will be and the few times we have wondered if we have done the right thing seeing the photos also made us think 'but could we ever sell it, there are so many?'.

We are new to this process as well and that naturally brings problems, so we were glad we had independant advice from agents we were introduced to. We did take at face value a few things we were told by Polaris ie: release of the Jardines properties will coincide with El Foro shopping area being open and 9 holes of golf. But comments we have since read suggest that wont happen on the same day!! Particulalry for the earlier releases.  We are undecided about renting but obviously if the infrastructure isnt quite there then there's so much less to offer prospective rentee's in the early days. Plus, as  have said above the resort is going to be huge and would we be able to earn enough to cover costs let alone generate any income. But thats for the future when we see just how much this will really cost us.

I really think customer service isnt their strong point- and it should be, they can't want to court the bad publicity being on a 'watchdog' type programme brings.. Surely good service is a way to get further recommendations but maybe its just the pure scale of the number of customers. I think it helps to have an advocate who will speak to them on your behalf and I suppose it may be necessary to spend some money on a solictor in order to speed up getting a deposit back.

Jan & Mike

Like 0      
02 Jan 2008 12:59 PM by pooley-santos Star rating in London UK/Huercal Ov.... 58 posts Send private message

** EDITED ** Commercial post

This message was last edited by EOS Team on 1/2/2008.

Like 0      
06 Jan 2009 2:32 PM by TonyandLiz Star rating. 35 posts Send private message

Hi All

Sorry to be so dumb but I couldn't find the report on Watchdog (don't know if this a good or bad thing really).

Like 0      
01 Feb 2009 10:38 PM by polarisworld Star rating. 30 posts Send private message

You have to realise that Polaris World are the No 1 property in europe , they will always be a target for media exposure
Polaris World would not be the No 1 if there policies or properties was not up to a high standard that is set by the UK market.

Jack

This message was last edited by polarisworld on 2/1/2009.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Costa Blanca Fish and chips - 10 posts
Swimming Pool - 0 posts
DNI requirement. for community proxy vote - 2 posts
Matt & Lou - 1 posts
Swimming Pool - 2 posts
breech of contract? - 3 posts
habitation licences advice - 28 posts
My Yorkshire Terrier pup only weighs 50 grams! - 2 posts
help with rental - 0 posts
Pressure to Complete - 30 posts
Small dog wanted - UK (Brighton/Croydon area) - 8 posts
VAN HIRE TORREVIEJA - 1 posts
new member - 3 posts
UPDATE RE LATEST VISIT - MARCH 2007 - 7 posts
Getting a trade - 1 posts
Hand over soon - 0 posts
paddle tennis - 3 posts
Which areas to be looking at? - 11 posts
Interest Rates - 4 posts
Jardines de Alhama. - 1 posts
Rental Potential Almerimar and Punta Prima - 12 posts
wanted - long term rental - 2 posts
LOOKING - 1 posts
Bars near Murcia Airport - 5 posts
Sax / Novelda / Elda / Tibi / Castalla - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 24

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x