breech of contract?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
06 Nov 2007 12:00 AM by g9lou Star rating. 74 posts Send private message

Please could someone tell me the developer is in breech of contract.

Th construction liscence was approved, on 17 oct 2005, and registered on 19 oct 2005

on May 16  2005, Document of New work and horizontal Division  was authorised.

X)  Construction of work should be finninshed wothin 18 months from date of compulsory liscence. not including any time for adverse weather conditions or time takn to obtain the habituation liscence.

If handover is delayed due to circumstances beyond keymare controll, parties involved accord by mutual agreement grant automatic extension of up to a maximum of 4 months from date stated in preamble  X, and this circumstance cannot give rise to any right to compensation.

As of end of July 2007 I can prove the developer was not in a postion to complete.

do we have a cause for breech of contract. If so can someone tell me what are the riscks associated with trying to pull out of the sale. ( developer is key mare) could someone also recommend a good solicitor as we dont seem to be getting anywhere with ours. 

This message was last edited by g9lou on 11/7/2007.

Like 0      
07 Nov 2007 11:11 AM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

It sounds like you have a good case for breach of contract and suggest you contact maria de castro, the resident lawyer of this forum as she has successfully defended clients.

You can send her a pm through this forum or go to her website www.costaluzlawyers.es

Good luck

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
25 Dec 2007 4:32 PM by Abolex Star rating in Andalucia - Murcia -.... 136 posts Send private message

Abolex´s avatar

Yes, they are in breech of contract.

As a general rule, the house has to be handed over when stipulated in the contract. And IT WILL BE INVALID any clause to say the handing over of the house is subject to a third party (i.e. the habitation license...) or that it will be between so and so.

The Spanish Law considers these clauses are "abusive" and, therefore, the contract can be reversed.

Feel free to contact us if we can advice further.

Good Luck 

Like 0      
26 Dec 2007 7:48 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar
Dear Glou:

Delays need to be justified ( not all reasons are valid reasons, i.e.- Metheorological facts and strikes are not considered as valid delaying reasons by the Supreme Court), communicated and expressly allowed by you. If that has not happened, if Key Mare has not expressly communicate it to you and you have not expressly allowed any extension, they seem to be in breach of contract since the end of April 2007. I would like to see the contract though.

That 4 months extension clause seems also to be abusive accordiong to standards and doctrine of COnsumers LAw and therefore null and void.

Best wishes,

Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

habitation licences advice - 28 posts
My Yorkshire Terrier pup only weighs 50 grams! - 2 posts
help with rental - 0 posts
Pressure to Complete - 30 posts
Small dog wanted - UK (Brighton/Croydon area) - 8 posts
VAN HIRE TORREVIEJA - 1 posts
new member - 3 posts
UPDATE RE LATEST VISIT - MARCH 2007 - 7 posts
Getting a trade - 1 posts
Hand over soon - 0 posts
paddle tennis - 3 posts
Which areas to be looking at? - 11 posts
Interest Rates - 4 posts
Jardines de Alhama. - 1 posts
Rental Potential Almerimar and Punta Prima - 12 posts
wanted - long term rental - 2 posts
LOOKING - 1 posts
Bars near Murcia Airport - 5 posts
Sax / Novelda / Elda / Tibi / Castalla - 1 posts
Hello - 1 posts
Mena's 'snagging' company - 3 posts
european estates - 0 posts
self removal from uk to spain - 1 posts
Los Estanos Guardamar - 0 posts
Visit Site - 11 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x