Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
05 Nov 2007 12:00 AM by dan25 Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Hi all

I am buying a property and it has a swimming pool could any one advise me on the up keep of if and if it would need a cover or hire some one to come and clean it when ever its needed ?. I am living in england and will only get out so often, any advise would be very helpfull many thanks. The property is in mazarron  

Like 0      
05 Nov 2007 7:22 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

HI Dan - you have a couple of options ehre. I am assuming you have a garden as well so you may want to take on a amangement company to look after the place and keep an eye out, regular visits to let you know all is weel and they can organize a gardener and pool person, also a cleaner if you want the place prepared before arrivals.

Alternatively spek to the neighbours and get a recomendation You can leave the pool and do it when you get out but I think I heard its better to keep the water in the pool and then if you leave it a time between visits, the water will go manky and you will spend a couple of days sorting it out when you should be relaxing!

Most people I know with villas either have a gardener/poolman to come in weekly or a managment company sorting it out. Man compaies usually charge a yearly fee anyhting between 600 and 1500 euros yearly (here in CDS) and gardeners/poolman about 8-12 euros per hour so it varies!

Enjoy!

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
05 Nov 2007 7:27 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar

Pool shpould be kept full for a number of reasons not least the expense - but if you empty it it will become unstable and could cave in as the pressure of the water keeps the walls from collapsing - if you ever do need to drain it this should always be done during winter months and for as little time as possible.

Invest in a good pool cover it will help to keep debris out of the pool and will also help to retain heat in the pool and to stop evaporation. If the pool is not regularly cleaned and chemicals added the pool will turn green and algae will grow on the tiles so you probably need to find someone RELIABLE to contract a weekly service - the reason I say reliable is that there are those who will take your dough but only service the pool when they know you are coming over. They will then blitz the pool with chemicals and there may be an incorrect balance.

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
05 Nov 2007 8:59 PM by dan25 Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Thanks rixxy and smiley learnt a lot in these two post thanks for your time will ask around for a poolman to look after it as it will need chemicals will ask neighbours for a reliable person many thanks again both.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

UPDATE RE LATEST VISIT - MARCH 2007 - 7 posts
Getting a trade - 1 posts
Hand over soon - 0 posts
paddle tennis - 3 posts
Which areas to be looking at? - 11 posts
Interest Rates - 4 posts
Jardines de Alhama. - 1 posts
Rental Potential Almerimar and Punta Prima - 12 posts
wanted - long term rental - 2 posts
LOOKING - 1 posts
Bars near Murcia Airport - 5 posts
Sax / Novelda / Elda / Tibi / Castalla - 1 posts
Hello - 1 posts
Mena's 'snagging' company - 3 posts
european estates - 0 posts
self removal from uk to spain - 1 posts
Los Estanos Guardamar - 0 posts
Visit Site - 11 posts
QUIZ FOR YOU - 7 posts
Resale Lagunagolf - 5 posts
la atalaya de garrucha - 1 posts
vetting of articles submitted to EOS - 1 posts
darts - 0 posts
met more - 5 posts
any news about properties by the sea being knocked down - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x