UPDATE RE LATEST VISIT - MARCH 2007

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
05 Nov 2007 12:00 AM by seanw Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

I bought an apartment in 2004. The escritura indicated that all community fees were paid and that there were no debts.

Yet after moving in and getting my first statement there were arrears of €1,400 going back what seems to be 3-4 years.

I raised this with the administrator of the development (well with his staff as he is like Lord Lucan) and his staff said that they would look into it and despite following up several times it has fallen into a black hole. Things are made worse now as the community voted to get rid of this administrator,  so of course the new administrator is showing this debt and the old administrator will have nothing to do with it now.

In my opinion the old administrator is liable because either there is no debt, or there is a debt in which case the letter of no debts should not have been issued.

I have been told by the new administrator that I need to pay and claim the money back from the old administrator. I am wondering if there any point in bringing the old administrator to court as it seems that court decisions are useless in Spain as there seems to be no penalty for not complying with a court order. Has anyone got any suggestions?

Like 0      
05 Nov 2007 7:25 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Might be worth contacing the lawyer you dealt with as at notary this is when provisions are made for payments of community and suchlike. It may be that whoever should have paid it on the sellers behalf diodnt pay it or it was paid and not logged in the books somewhere!

Worse thing you can do is pay and hope it sorts itself out as it wont.

Make an official notification by way of bureaufax your situation adn understanding - the escritura wont show payment of community fees - its usually a certificate presented at notary when you sign, the notary looks and checks that it is paid up to the day you take the property over and this may be lodged at notary soemwhere.

If you find that then you should be in the clear.

Check with old lawyer

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
06 Nov 2007 4:36 PM by seanw Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

Rixxy,

The cert is on the file - I have the file. It is signed and stamped by the administrator.... Doesn't seem to matter. I have referred to my lawyer but nothing seems to be happening. He said he would write to them but no answer from him when I follow up.

Like 0      
06 Nov 2007 5:00 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
Then it may be worth showing the file to a new lawyer. There must be a mistake or something somewhere as at notary all cheques are given out to ensure al these things are cleared

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
06 Nov 2007 5:26 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

Lets get this straight. Have you got a Certificate from the Administrator or the Presidente stating that there are NO Community fees owing on the apartment you purchased??

If you have, then that is that, you have proof. If you do not, then you as a new owner are liable for any debt outstanding on the property.

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
07 Nov 2007 1:00 PM by seanw Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

Problem is though that I am now looking at selling the apartment, so while the debt appears on their books they will not be able to say that it is debt free.

Are any of you lawyers, preferably Malaga or east of Malaga? I am looking for someone to clear this matter up for me once and for all but more importantly I am looking at suing a developer - they have not got the building licence on a development and while they have said they would pay me back my deposit they keep deferring the repayment date. They have bounced 2 cheques. I can PM the developer name but you probably already know who they are. How hard would it be to get their assets frozen?

Like 0      
07 Nov 2007 2:23 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar
I think it might be a good idea if you PM Maria de Castro who is the Lawyer. We seem to be discussing several unrelated issues here, and it is difficult to comment without more detail.

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
07 Nov 2007 4:50 PM by seanw Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

I did PM to Maria after my last post. Thing is she is in Algeciras and I'm in Ireland (Nerja, when I'm in Spain). Am travelling there in December and hope to make some progress with someone then.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Getting a trade - 1 posts
Hand over soon - 0 posts
paddle tennis - 3 posts
Which areas to be looking at? - 11 posts
Interest Rates - 4 posts
Jardines de Alhama. - 1 posts
Rental Potential Almerimar and Punta Prima - 12 posts
wanted - long term rental - 2 posts
LOOKING - 1 posts
Bars near Murcia Airport - 5 posts
Sax / Novelda / Elda / Tibi / Castalla - 1 posts
Hello - 1 posts
Mena's 'snagging' company - 3 posts
european estates - 0 posts
self removal from uk to spain - 1 posts
Los Estanos Guardamar - 0 posts
Visit Site - 11 posts
QUIZ FOR YOU - 7 posts
Resale Lagunagolf - 5 posts
la atalaya de garrucha - 1 posts
vetting of articles submitted to EOS - 1 posts
darts - 0 posts
met more - 5 posts
any news about properties by the sea being knocked down - 2 posts
Food wonderful but manager !!!!!!! - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x