DNI requirement. for community proxy vote

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
07 Nov 2007 12:00 AM by tiffer Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hi,

Our community committee has stated that for my proxy vote to be used I must supply my DNI identification with my proxy vote.

As a non resident, I do not have a DNI number. I supplied a copy of my passport, and this was deemed not acceptable.

My research tells me the following :-

This contravenes the European Convention on Human Rights in that they are differencing between Citizens from other European Countries. It is not necessary under the Charter for a citizen from another Country to obtain another form of identification. In other words a Passport is valid evidence of identification.
This Committee have contravened that in saying that only DNI document is evidence of identification.

Can someone confirm this for me please.

Like 0      
07 Nov 2007 5:47 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

???

Didn't know you could buy a property in Spain without having a NIE. (Foreigner's version of DNI) Under EU law it is no longer a requirement to have ID issued in another member state, and as such you are correct in saying (only) your passport is valid as ID. But that is different from your NIE number, which is surely still required for fiscal purposes, such as paying the taxes due on your property? So maybe your community administrators are just asking for your NIE? However, if it's actual identification they want, then quote the EU law chapter and verse - your passport is the only legal identification document available to British citizens now, thanks to the morons in Brussels.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
07 Nov 2007 7:07 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

You do NOT need DNI number for your proxy vote.

You need to sign and put your address is all, and add the name of who you want to vote for you in your absence.

Your administrator must know you own the property ( you can prove that in any event by producing your deeds ) and I don't suppose they queried your identification when you paid your Community Fees ???

If your Committee continue in this way you will have reason to have the whole situation annulled as it contrevenes your rights.

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Matt & Lou - 1 posts
Swimming Pool - 2 posts
breech of contract? - 3 posts
habitation licences advice - 28 posts
My Yorkshire Terrier pup only weighs 50 grams! - 2 posts
help with rental - 0 posts
Pressure to Complete - 30 posts
Small dog wanted - UK (Brighton/Croydon area) - 8 posts
VAN HIRE TORREVIEJA - 1 posts
new member - 3 posts
UPDATE RE LATEST VISIT - MARCH 2007 - 7 posts
Getting a trade - 1 posts
Hand over soon - 0 posts
paddle tennis - 3 posts
Which areas to be looking at? - 11 posts
Interest Rates - 4 posts
Jardines de Alhama. - 1 posts
Rental Potential Almerimar and Punta Prima - 12 posts
wanted - long term rental - 2 posts
LOOKING - 1 posts
Bars near Murcia Airport - 5 posts
Sax / Novelda / Elda / Tibi / Castalla - 1 posts
Hello - 1 posts
Mena's 'snagging' company - 3 posts
european estates - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x