Rental Potential Almerimar and Punta Prima

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 Nov 2007 12:00 AM by chris5198 Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

I am thinking of buying off plan and was wondering if anyone had experience of rentals in either of these areas. I have been told by one property exibitor recently (who did not have any property to sell in these areas) that after High season the areas "close down" Any comments would be appreciated.

Like 0      
04 Nov 2007 4:54 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar
I can only tell you about Punta Prima.........................and I think the locals would welcome a 'close down' in winter!! Obviously there are less people about but ALL the facilities are open and used by all of us!!

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
04 Nov 2007 5:41 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

I don't think you are talking about the same Punta Prima Karen.  I think there is one further South but at the moment I can't recall where it is.

To make sure Chris could you say where you are talking about.

Like 0      
04 Nov 2007 8:25 PM by rowlandsbb Star rating in Gloucestershire &Hue.... 779 posts Send private message

rowlandsbb´s avatar

You have to be very careful about buying off plan for rentals

You need to be on or close to golf for winter lets and close to beach for summer

Then you have to work at it using the forums

I have bought to do this as well as a future winter home

I think I have chosen well but you have to like the location yourself as you will also use it

It is not like 'buy to let in UK' but can be good

Any more info get in touch   

Like 0      
04 Nov 2007 9:35 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar
I thought there was a vast distance between the two areas mentioned!!

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
05 Nov 2007 8:13 AM by chris5198 Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

There is a difference in location of the 2 areas. I am unfamaliar with both of them but open minded about them as well. It may just come down to which one can I rent out year round.

Like 0      
05 Nov 2007 10:16 AM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar
So Chris, do you mean Punta Prima on 332 Orihuela Costa near Playa Flameca??

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
05 Nov 2007 10:38 AM by chris5198 Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Yes that the one for Punta Prima. Almerimar ic further down the coast near Almeria.

Chris

Like 0      
05 Nov 2007 10:47 AM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar
Well Chris, that's very near where I am and it is always active. They have just opened a new commercial centre and Punta Prima is about 10 minutes from Torrevieja. The beaches are nice and they are near and there are lots of bars, etc etc etc. You should come and see for yourself. But it must be good as a rental potential area.

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
05 Nov 2007 10:50 AM by chris5198 Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

I do intend to get over and have a look.

Thanks for the info.

Like 0      
05 Nov 2007 3:29 PM by SophieRF Star rating in Quesada. 62 posts Send private message

Hi Chris, coming over and taking a look would be a good idea, and also make have a plan of how you are going to get your property rented out all year, as the competition can be fierce. Maybe the best thing for you would be to buy a property that you can hand over to a management company and not only rent it out all year, but make a guaranteed profit on, as well as have it for you holiday home, this will eleviate the stress of having to worry about getting it rented out. If you need nay help just let me know.

All the best

Like 0      
05 Nov 2007 3:50 PM by chris5198 Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

09 Nov 2007 3:25 PM by noelandwilma Star rating in Loughborough/Porto F.... 86 posts Send private message

In Almerimar you have the benefit of a 27 hole golf course, 2 beaches and the marine (1100 berths). Another thing to bear in mind is the proximity of the Sierra Nevada mountains and the skiing there, it is about 1 1/2 hrs drive away.  Also according to the ayuntamineto they are having an Olympic rowing lake built there as well.

I have spoken with AE's who have had some problems finding enough property to rent, mind you with some of the new developments coming on stream this is bound to change but I think it is still a great area with loads of potential.

Well worth a visit to make your own mind up on this one though.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

wanted - long term rental - 2 posts
LOOKING - 1 posts
Bars near Murcia Airport - 5 posts
Sax / Novelda / Elda / Tibi / Castalla - 1 posts
Hello - 1 posts
Mena's 'snagging' company - 3 posts
european estates - 0 posts
self removal from uk to spain - 1 posts
Los Estanos Guardamar - 0 posts
Visit Site - 11 posts
QUIZ FOR YOU - 7 posts
Resale Lagunagolf - 5 posts
la atalaya de garrucha - 1 posts
vetting of articles submitted to EOS - 1 posts
darts - 0 posts
met more - 5 posts
any news about properties by the sea being knocked down - 2 posts
Food wonderful but manager !!!!!!! - 4 posts
newbie - 4 posts
help Nie number - 0 posts
help Nie number - 6 posts
amba sun inspection trips again! - 11 posts
Inland Radio in English ? - 0 posts
Sterling account? - 5 posts
New Inland Andalucia Radio Station ACEFM 106.8 - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 13

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x