wanted - long term rental

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
03 Nov 2007 12:00 AM by Nicky123 Star rating in Benalmadena soon to .... 17 posts Send private message

Hi.  If anyone can give me advice or offer a rental..........?. Am hoping this is the correct place to post this.   Ok,  to cut a long story short.  I moved to Spain in August, stayed with a mate for a couple of months and took out an 11 mth rental in Alhaurin de la Torre (after listening to my mate this area is great, which i'm sure it is if you're a local and  drive,). Its totally the wrong area for me.  I am here on my own (yes a single mum) with two kids.  I've managed to find a state secondary school for one of my children but no spaces anywhere for a primary school for my other child.

I didn't do any research before hand, just upped and left the UK (how I wish that wasn't the case now).  I came with no savings more or less and put what little I had into the deposit for the place where I am now.  

I don't drive and am totally isolated.  My contact with people that speak my language is this site lol.  (Am learning Spanish at a snail's pace  ).  I am desperate to move to an area with more Brits and shops and schools within walking distance, where do I go?

If I break this contact and lose my deposit, which im prepared to do, I don't mind as I need to be elsewhere and I don't want that elsewhere to be back to the UK.  Snag is, I know don't have the money for a 3 mth deposit. 

I work for a uk employer, online, so my time is also limited to find somewhere as I work 6 days a week and I don't know what area I should be looking in. 

And getting to the point, even though I said to cut a long story short....all that time ago., are there any members here that have a property suitable for me and my two children, long term, near shops and schools (walking!!) , furnished, internet access (an absolute must), satelite tv, Brits (at least a few!!!) that do not need 3 mths deposit as I'm pretty much stuck finding that. I really don't want to go over €800 a mth as I came here to pay less that what I was in the UK not more (which I am doing now, eeek).  I have wage slips and can show you my work.  We're a very nice family and would take care of your property. 

Fingers crossed I get a lucky break.  PM me with details if you can help. 

Nicky.

(Before you ask, yes I have viewed all the long term rental, I just don't know where I should go).

This message was last edited by Nicky123 on 11/3/2007.

Like 0      
05 Nov 2007 2:06 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Hi Nicky123,

Sorry to hear your tale of woe and the 1st year is certainly the hardest. I would personally suggest Fuengirola for the following reasons. There are quite a few schools within a short accessable distance so can walk. There are plenty of busses, there is the train to Malaga and so you really dont need a car at all. There are loads of shops bars and restaurants and a large english speaking community as well.

Calahonda is also good but smaller, not sure about schools though. Estepona also is a larger town but more spanish. Benalmadena would be good and Torremolinos.

You shouldnt be paying more than 1 month deposit, 1 month rent and NO FINDERS FEES to agents!!! As long as you pay on time you will be fine. Rentwise, I used to rent a 3 bed in fuengirola town for just over 700 euros per month so around that till 900 euros max.

Keep your chin up - yuove done brilliantly so far

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
05 Nov 2007 3:17 PM by Superstar Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

I just sent you a private message offering a long term rental.

Kind regards

Kelly

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

LOOKING - 1 posts
Bars near Murcia Airport - 5 posts
Sax / Novelda / Elda / Tibi / Castalla - 1 posts
Hello - 1 posts
Mena's 'snagging' company - 3 posts
european estates - 0 posts
self removal from uk to spain - 1 posts
Los Estanos Guardamar - 0 posts
Visit Site - 11 posts
QUIZ FOR YOU - 7 posts
Resale Lagunagolf - 5 posts
la atalaya de garrucha - 1 posts
vetting of articles submitted to EOS - 1 posts
darts - 0 posts
met more - 5 posts
any news about properties by the sea being knocked down - 2 posts
Food wonderful but manager !!!!!!! - 4 posts
newbie - 4 posts
help Nie number - 0 posts
help Nie number - 6 posts
amba sun inspection trips again! - 11 posts
Inland Radio in English ? - 0 posts
Sterling account? - 5 posts
New Inland Andalucia Radio Station ACEFM 106.8 - 0 posts
hola, buenas tardes - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x