living in spain now

This thread is currently locked.

:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
16 May 2021 1:15 PM by watcher1 Star rating in spain. 6 posts Send private message

i have dual passports uk and irish how long can i stay in spain?

Like 0      
16 May 2021 1:26 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

Up to 90 days in any 180 day period in any part of the EU.. the same as a British citizen.

Like 1      
16 May 2021 1:37 PM by acer Star rating. 1528 posts Send private message

That probably depends on how honest you wish to be!   But you'll need to be careful that you use the same passport for each trip...or you'll end up with some awkward questions to answer...

Like 0      
16 May 2021 1:48 PM by watcher1 Star rating in spain. 6 posts Send private message

what if i use one to travel back to uk and the other to return to spain

Like 0      
16 May 2021 2:05 PM by acer Star rating. 1528 posts Send private message

I'm sure you can work this out for yourself - without wishing to sound too prissy I'm not going to encourage an illegal act!

Like 0      
16 May 2021 2:07 PM by watcher1 Star rating in spain. 6 posts Send private message

or i could go back after 90days and fly back next day useing the other passport and so on

Like 0      
16 May 2021 2:16 PM by watcher1 Star rating in spain. 6 posts Send private message

or i could go back after 90days and fly back next day useing the other passport and so on

but why is it illegal?

Like 0      
16 May 2021 4:14 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1315 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

I am not a Spanish law enforcement officer and I doubt any other members are.

‘’but why is it illegal?’’

I am sure you are an honest person, so why not visit the Spanish Ministry of Justice and take your collection of passports with you.

Like 3      
16 May 2021 6:11 PM by acer Star rating. 1528 posts Send private message

I never, ever, thought I would do that!

Like 0      
16 May 2021 10:04 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

but why is it illegal?........Probably because if Spain makes the laws, you break them that makes it illegal, no 'WHY?' at all......Anyway you seem content on doing it your way so try it, thats the only way you would know, if caught you then know 'WHY' if not, good luck.

Like 1      
17 May 2021 6:31 PM by acer Star rating. 1528 posts Send private message

From another ex-pat forum:

<<
A client of ours, UK based English, non resident came over late last year to buy a house, went back to the UK. Arrived in Spain 3 weeks ago to arrange with us to reform the house.

Having had a negative covid test, he flew from UK to Paris no restriction or need to show any documentation apart from the test certificate, then he flew onward from Paris to Malaga.

Arrived at Malaga, straight through, no passports, I'm assuming because he was now in Schengen, all they wanted was negative test. He flew back last week direct from Malaga to the UK.

I'm certainly not advocating this as a back door method, I'm just reporting it but it seems quite a few on the flights were doing the same thing.

>>

So who needs two passports anyway?!

Like 0      
17 May 2021 8:32 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1315 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

You will always find quite a few that find a way to beat the system that is in place to protect all and benefit everyone. These people brag to their mates and anyone in the pub that will listen how smart they are. The consequences of them spreading COVID is a joke to them.

Like 1      
18 May 2021 11:35 AM by watcher1 Star rating in spain. 6 posts Send private message

** EDITED - Against forum rules **

This message was last edited by eos_moderators on 5/19/2021 11:10:00 PM.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

This thread is currently locked.

Previous Threads

Iberdrola changing clients to Siesta Energy - 2 posts
New speed limits in force 11/05/2021 - 5 posts
Party wall - 2 posts
Gama builders - 0 posts
Game builders - 0 posts
Labels - 0 posts
Watchmanager - 4 posts
renewing spanish driving licence. - 2 posts
Hello - 4 posts
Guadalmina golf share - 0 posts
buying a small boat - 2 posts
ITV and insurance documents - 4 posts
Buying in Fuente de Piedra? - 7 posts
Pool builders in Costa blanca south - 1 posts
Student? - 1 posts
Ibi office estepona - 1 posts
Won cases so far in 2021 by Costaluz Lawyers - 0 posts
Owning a Spanish car as a Non-Resident - 24 posts
PCR Tests - 9 posts
scrapping a car - 2 posts
Low pressure from new water heater - 2 posts
Court costs - 6 posts
Bank Second Line Security ID - 6 posts
Is Andalusia open to uk residents - 1 posts
for sale nice guitar - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 13

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x