Court costs

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
06 Apr 2021 10:35 AM by semo Star rating in Ireland. 84 posts Send private message

If a court case is won and costs are awarded as well as a refund of deposit what exactly does this mean ? For example if you have paid lawyers certain fees up front and you win a case should you also get a refund of those costs ? TIA.

Like 0      
06 Apr 2021 11:08 AM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1316 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

Your lawyers are not usually the defendants. Anything won in court is usually against the named defendant. Winning anything in court is one thing, getting the money is another? What happens if the defendant has no money or assets? See Can't Pay? We'll Take It Away! On UK TV.

Like 0      
06 Apr 2021 12:17 PM by semo Star rating in Ireland. 84 posts Send private message

Thanks Kavanagh. I have received monies owed my question is in relation to what is covered if 'costs' are also awarded.

Like 0      
06 Apr 2021 5:40 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1316 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

If an order for the defendant to pay an amount of the plaintiffs court costs (full or part) was awarded to you that should be included in the money you received.

The arrangement you have made with your lawyers to pay their fees has nothing to do with the court.

Like 0      
06 Apr 2021 6:22 PM by semo Star rating in Ireland. 84 posts Send private message

Thanks Kavanagh

Like 0      
08 Apr 2021 4:18 PM by gill_malouf Star rating in Stockport, Cheshire. 201 posts Send private message

Please pm me or let me know WHICH lawyers you used. It seems some lawyers/solicitors are not as reputable as you would like to think.

Like 0      
09 Apr 2021 2:49 AM by sandra Star rating in . 812 posts Send private message

sandra´s avatar

If costs are awarded then I would expect to recieve ,on top of the amount claimed, all costs incurred. That is lawyers upfront fees paid plus any other costs which are permitted to claim. You need to know what costs the court has awarded i.e., full or part. and see proof of the courts decision.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Bank Second Line Security ID - 6 posts
Is Andalusia open to uk residents - 1 posts
for sale nice guitar - 1 posts
wanted snooker partner - 0 posts
UK car in airport parking, no mot and tax - 2 posts
Eu 90 day rule - 46 posts
Floor Clause win - 0 posts
hearing aids - 0 posts
La Tercia Village Murcia - 0 posts
Lack of Communication from Spanish Lawyers - 6 posts
looking to rent long term - 0 posts
Padron Update non EU Citizens - 4 posts
Costaluz Lawyers - 0 posts
Stanley Johnson Holidays? - 8 posts
A strong battle against Supreme Court´s recent interpretation of Law 57/68 we are in - 10 posts
Getting Your House Bills Electronically When Stuck In The UK - 8 posts
Pain Clinic - 2 posts
Driver and campervan required June/July for Spain to UK repatriation 1 person, 2 cats and luggage - 0 posts
Mapfre insurance - 4 posts
Law changed to protect the councils ? - 6 posts
Where to get permission to be out in curfew? - 0 posts
Costaluz lawyers return of Off plan deposit plus costs and interest - 1 posts
planning permission for a swimming pool ?. - 3 posts
Still Waiting......... - 6 posts
Benamara/Benavista Footbridge over A7 Highway - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x