Car insurance for Spanish registered cars

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
26 Feb 2020 2:43 PM by gainsborough Star rating. 13 posts Send private message

Does anyone know of an insurance company either in spain or england that would insure our spanish registered car for longer than 90 days whilst we are back in england

Like 0      
26 Feb 2020 3:33 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1316 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

If your Spanish registered car remains in Spain any Spanish insurance company would be delighted to insure it permanently.

What is your problem? What are you not telling us about?

Like 0      
26 Feb 2020 4:07 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Gainsborough 

Hi,  I assume you intend  taking your Spanish reg car to UK for a period longer than three months

Some  years ago I discovered that by law in the EU one has third party (obligatory) cover for the life of the policy at no extra charge, in all EU and some EEA countries.  So includes UK for now.

Maybe that still applies. If it does then unless you want move cover that should work.

Ask you insurers and if they are reluctant to tell you demand that they  inform you by email, letter etc.  If they are lying they will not put it in writing

PS Just checked here.  It still applies    https://www.moneysupermarket.com/car-insurance/european-cover/

Like 1      
26 Feb 2020 4:32 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1934 posts Send private message

I take it you are  Spanish Residents..if so then you should be able to extend your Spanish reg car insurance .. with your Spanish insurance company...if you are still classed as UK Residents you will not be permitted to drive a Fourien registered car in the UK.. even if you own it and insured to drive it in Spain...as a none Residents.

This message was last edited by windtalker on 26/02/2020.

Like 0      
26 Feb 2020 5:09 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1316 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

Unfortunaty gainsborough original post is so vague it’s a guessing game trying to advise anything. Perhaps that was intended.surprise

Like 0      
26 Feb 2020 5:36 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1222 posts Send private message

I had to go back for 4 months a couple of years ago when my Mum died. Linea Directa covered me for up to 6 months fully comp with no extra charge. They even gave me a number for breakdown cover in UK.

The only thing they wouldn't cover was a replacement car (which I get in Spain) if mine was off the road for some reason.

Like 0      
27 Feb 2020 8:42 AM by gainsborough Star rating. 13 posts Send private message

Many thanks for all the useful information, we will be able to get sorted now

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

IRPH outcome - 0 posts
Hi - 1 posts
Location advise please - 23 posts
Rats - 3 posts
Flood Sandbags - 14 posts
applying for residency, - 9 posts
Solar and air source heat pumps/and insulation/ - 5 posts
which vpn - 16 posts
Reoccurring Floods - 13 posts
2020 Situation re UK plated car in Spain and selling RH drive car in Spain - 14 posts
Squatters Rights with Property in Spain - 18 posts
720 and Income Tax - 1 posts
shower refurb - 1 posts
Gas Hob - 2 posts
Brexit: tax on lets - 31 posts
EU registration - 7 posts
Volunteering in Malaga/Rincon de la Victoria - 2 posts
Official information for UK nationals moving to or living in Spain, including guidance on residency, healthcare, passports and the Withdrawal Agreement. - 0 posts
Non Alcohol Wine - 2 posts
Requirement to carry passport - 36 posts
CGT on selling property - 3 posts
Registering as EU citizen - 76 posts
Brexit - 40 posts
amazon firestick - 17 posts
Will the Supreme Court grant Consumer Law status to Law 57/68 debate? - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x