Moving to Spain because of BREXIT

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
16 Jan 2020 4:27 PM by Walkerl Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hello, 

I'm a producer for Channel 4 News. We're coming to Spain next week to film a piece about BREXIT.

I was wondering whether anyone here, knows somsone or is someone who has decided to move to Spain becasue of BREXIT and would be happy to film with us next week. We're trying to illustrate the impact of Brexit on people.

The other side of it could be, of course, that because of an increase in taxes on holiday homes, that some people have had to leave Spain becasue of the impact of Brexit. We would be keen to speak to those people too.

Please do get in touch as soon as possible if you think you might be able to help. 

Thank you,

Lucia

Like 0      
17 Jan 2020 8:33 AM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

Why would anyone want to move out of the UK because of Brexit.

Like 3      
17 Jan 2020 12:58 PM by Jarvi Star rating in Halifax UK and Sucin.... 757 posts Send private message

Sounds like the usual EU biased media, still trying to get some mileage out of Brexit as most of them didn't want it

Like 4      
17 Jan 2020 1:18 PM by GuyT Star rating. 511 posts Send private message

@Windtalker. Why would anyone want to move out of the UK because of Brexit?

They might feel this is their last chance to make the move easily. Or, more likely,  if they've been spending time 50/50 (or more) without bothering to register in Spain...they may feel, like it or not,  now is the time to commit, even if only for a couple of years. I am in that category.

This message was last edited by GuyT on 17/01/2020.

Like 1      
18 Jan 2020 7:27 PM by acer Star rating. 1528 posts Send private message

Quite right GuyT - some have different perspectives. 

I know of several non-residents who own properties here who are pondering their status.  Currently the Spanish authorities are welcoming Brits with open arms, that might change.

Like 0      
19 Jan 2020 1:32 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Acer "Currently the Spanish authorities are welcoming Brits with open arms".  
Interesting.  Never been aware of that angle myself !  

The only ones I know who are likely to be welcoming anyone, are those anxious to sell to 'unsuspecting purchasers.'

Like 0      
19 Jan 2020 2:45 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1315 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

The Spanish authorities will always welcome wealthy foreign investors.cheeky

It is always advisable to keep your thoughts within reality and not fantasy.enlightened

This message was last edited by Kavanagh on 19/01/2020.

Like 2      
20 Jan 2020 3:41 PM by acer Star rating. 1528 posts Send private message

It is also equally important to keep your comments courteous and pragmatic.

Like 2      
20 Jan 2020 4:28 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1315 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

Not much sense for the not have Brits (the highly qualified pool cleaner) to come to Spain and give up their generous UK benefit handouts. There is no work or income in Spain for Brit average man. Spain only wants Brits with pockets full of money, so they can transfer that money to Spanish pockets.

Like 1      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Alicante airport fire - 2 posts
Holiday home in Almeria - 4 posts
Garden Rubbish - 15 posts
healthcare working in Gib living in Spain - 6 posts
Mercadona Renovations - 4 posts
Costa Blanca - 0 posts
Joining two Apartments together in an Apartment Block - 7 posts
Security advice, please - 2 posts
Which area to live in Spain - 4 posts
How do I get my apartment back? - 12 posts
Does anyone actually understand reclaiming Witholding Tax on Share Dividends if you are a UK resident - 30 posts
Bank´s liability on custody of off plan funds - 56 posts
Merry Christmas from CostaLuz Lawyers - 0 posts
Caretaker Government in Madrid trying to block the planning amnesty for rural homes in Andalusia - 2 posts
How to pay non-residents tax from England - 16 posts
Mobile Phone - 6 posts
Ideas for holiday home by coast - 4 posts
Can someone help me please with a witholding tax reclaim via 210 - 71 posts
Non resident taxes - form 210 - 11 posts
Selling My Quarter Share of My Spanish Apartment - 2 posts
Campo living: how does a deposito work? - 12 posts
Extraordinary Quotas for Future Expenses for Spanish Communities - 8 posts
Car Parking at Malaga Airport - 14 posts
Low level crime and regulation - 3 posts
Totally Worn out struggling to get Witholding Tax on dividends refunded - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x