Holiday home in Almeria

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
14 Jan 2020 6:32 PM by dougstar Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi All,

We are looking at property in Almeria within the next few months and if we like a property we wish to make an offer cash buyers, can anyone advise the process, Should we get an NIE number before we travel to Spain? This would be a holiday home for now and we intend to move perm within 3 years. 

Thanks Dougstar

Like 0      
14 Jan 2020 7:09 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1316 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

Hello Dougstar and welcome to EOS.

Your method of payment to buy a property in Spain is of no concern. You will need a NIE which you can easily obtain in Spain. There are no laws, rules and regulations to stop you using your Spanish property as a holiday home, but there are laws about how long you can be in Spain without being a legal resident.

Like 1      
14 Jan 2020 11:35 PM by rowlandsbb Star rating in Gloucestershire &Hue.... 779 posts Send private message

rowlandsbb´s avatar

You have chosen the best part of Spain for value both property and the cost of living. As you would expect it is cheaper in land 

The weather is fantastic and probably the best in Spain 

You will need a good lawyer and I can recommend one if you contact me 
As everywhere in Spain there are title problems with some properties so you have to be pragmatic and take no risks just as you would in U.K. 

You are embarking on an exciting journey which many of us have successfully trodden and good luck to you 

Just one issue which many overlook-Spain does have a winter when it goes cold at night so you need a competent heating system either a heat pump (basically hot and cold AC) or a wood/pellet burner and if you ate buying a house central heating -naturally if you are only going to use it in the warm months then this will not apply 

In the summer we find that we use the ceiling fans more than AC -think many are similar > also fitting fly nets to Windows means you can open the windows at night without any flies or bugs coming in 

Good luck

Like 1      
22 Jan 2020 11:47 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Have the Nota Simple reviewed by a lawyer before you pay any money. Essential!

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
23 Jan 2020 6:28 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Assuming (apologies if incorrectly) you are British citizens, are you aware of the residency requirements for non-EU citizens wishing to live permanently in Spain? Also, it may be worth consulting your crystal ball to see what health care provisions may (or may not) be available to you.

You may find this UK govt. guide helpful, although do bear in mind it was published in 2013; much has changed in UK govt. since then! https://www.gov.uk/guidance/how-to-buy-property-in-spain

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Garden Rubbish - 15 posts
healthcare working in Gib living in Spain - 6 posts
Mercadona Renovations - 4 posts
Costa Blanca - 0 posts
Joining two Apartments together in an Apartment Block - 7 posts
Security advice, please - 2 posts
Which area to live in Spain - 4 posts
How do I get my apartment back? - 12 posts
Does anyone actually understand reclaiming Witholding Tax on Share Dividends if you are a UK resident - 30 posts
Bank´s liability on custody of off plan funds - 56 posts
Merry Christmas from CostaLuz Lawyers - 0 posts
Caretaker Government in Madrid trying to block the planning amnesty for rural homes in Andalusia - 2 posts
How to pay non-residents tax from England - 16 posts
Mobile Phone - 6 posts
Ideas for holiday home by coast - 4 posts
Can someone help me please with a witholding tax reclaim via 210 - 71 posts
Non resident taxes - form 210 - 11 posts
Selling My Quarter Share of My Spanish Apartment - 2 posts
Campo living: how does a deposito work? - 12 posts
Extraordinary Quotas for Future Expenses for Spanish Communities - 8 posts
Car Parking at Malaga Airport - 14 posts
Low level crime and regulation - 3 posts
Totally Worn out struggling to get Witholding Tax on dividends refunded - 2 posts
Justice at last! - 1 posts
need instalation for solar pool heater - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x