Garden Rubbish

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
14 Jan 2020 4:34 PM by jinxy Star rating. 68 posts Send private message

Recently moved to Hacienda Guadalupe (Manilva) but cannot find where to take garden rubbish. At the communal waste bins there's a notice saying not to put garden waste in these bins but to take it to the designated site BUT no details as to where it is?? Can someone please enlighten me?

Thanks

Like 0      
14 Jan 2020 5:20 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1316 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

It’s a long shot, but have you thought of asking your neighbours.wink

Like 0      
15 Jan 2020 10:01 AM by jinxy Star rating. 68 posts Send private message

Unfortunately no neighbours to ask?

Like 0      
15 Jan 2020 12:05 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1316 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

Strange no neighbours, but has communal waste bins?

Perhaps another long shot, go to your nearest town hall and ask them.

This message was last edited by Kavanagh on 15/01/2020.

Like 0      
15 Jan 2020 5:54 PM by jinxy Star rating. 68 posts Send private message

Hi, I live in a fairly remote part and what neighbours there are all live in the UK, Sweden etc.,so only 'visit' spasmodically - suppose I could hang around the bins waiting to catch someone but may get more than I bargained for??

Regards

Like 0      
15 Jan 2020 6:07 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1316 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

Is the nearest town hall in the UK or Sweden, etc?

Like 0      
15 Jan 2020 7:26 PM by jinxy Star rating. 68 posts Send private message

Hi, there's no need to be facetious - all I wanted was some one to answer my question. I am aware of the Town Hall but wanted to get a simple answer without the aggro of waiting at the Towm Hall.

Have a good day

Regards

Like 0      
16 Jan 2020 7:42 AM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

Sorry but I don't really understand why someone that lives in a a remote location ... would worry so much about garden waste .. can't you just find a place to dump it on the Campo ... surly garden waste can only be good for the location that you live in.

Like 0      
16 Jan 2020 9:47 AM by jinxy Star rating. 68 posts Send private message

Thanks for reply. I know I could dump it on waste ground BUT as there's a notice saying it must be taken to the appropriate place I don't want to ruffle feathers - with my luck I'd be caught and taken to task??  Surely there's someone out there who knows the answer to my question and give a reply?

Best wishes

Like 0      
16 Jan 2020 10:33 AM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1223 posts Send private message

Does your town hall have a  website? Most do and show where the recycling centres are. On our bins there is a sticker with a number to call for information on things like this. Although most around here seem to igore it and just dump the garden waste next to the communal bins which is a nuisance as it's not collected when the bins are emptied. 

Like 1      
16 Jan 2020 11:12 AM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Probably not the answer you really want to hear about, but what about a small garden shredder which chops up twigs, leaves etc, putting small amounts over the course of a week or so into, not clear bags, and putting these into the bins, of course thats if you don't have massive large amounts of waste to dispose.

Like 2      
16 Jan 2020 1:27 PM by jinxy Star rating. 68 posts Send private message

Thanks - worth thinking about? Have a lot of garden rubbish but IF dealt with often it may do the trick.

Regards

Like 0      
16 Jan 2020 2:38 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1223 posts Send private message

According to the Manilva town hall website, you can ring  619992389. to arrange a rubbish collection or for futher information.

It says you can put rubbish next to the communal bins from 7pm to midnight and it will be collected the following day if you've arranged collection.

Now, I don't know what  the procedure is there but we have the same and can't leave garden waste out, it's just for things like furniture and mattresses etc. We have a recycling plant nearby where we take the garden waste to. Try ringing that number and see what they say.

Like 1      
16 Jan 2020 10:05 PM by jinxy Star rating. 68 posts Send private message

Many thanks for the info - I will ring tomorrow and hopefully get some answers.

Regards and thanks again for your trouble

J

º*m

Like 0      
07 Jun 2022 9:49 AM by Jinda Star rating. 13 posts Send private message

In order to make your garden attractive and clean, use garden tools such as hedge shears to cut small branches and trims. They are affordable and they can help you int the maintenance of your garden.

This message was last edited by Jinda on 6/7/2022.

Like 0      
28 Jun 2022 11:44 PM by Sulare Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Better than using your hands I guess. I also prefer garden tools. 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

healthcare working in Gib living in Spain - 6 posts
Mercadona Renovations - 4 posts
Costa Blanca - 0 posts
Joining two Apartments together in an Apartment Block - 7 posts
Security advice, please - 2 posts
Which area to live in Spain - 4 posts
How do I get my apartment back? - 12 posts
Does anyone actually understand reclaiming Witholding Tax on Share Dividends if you are a UK resident - 30 posts
Bank´s liability on custody of off plan funds - 56 posts
Merry Christmas from CostaLuz Lawyers - 0 posts
Caretaker Government in Madrid trying to block the planning amnesty for rural homes in Andalusia - 2 posts
How to pay non-residents tax from England - 16 posts
Mobile Phone - 6 posts
Ideas for holiday home by coast - 4 posts
Can someone help me please with a witholding tax reclaim via 210 - 71 posts
Non resident taxes - form 210 - 11 posts
Selling My Quarter Share of My Spanish Apartment - 2 posts
Campo living: how does a deposito work? - 12 posts
Extraordinary Quotas for Future Expenses for Spanish Communities - 8 posts
Car Parking at Malaga Airport - 14 posts
Low level crime and regulation - 3 posts
Totally Worn out struggling to get Witholding Tax on dividends refunded - 2 posts
Justice at last! - 1 posts
need instalation for solar pool heater - 0 posts
free banking? - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 16

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x