Joining two Apartments together in an Apartment Block

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
11 Jan 2020 5:16 PM by nigel188 Star rating in Estepona. 655 posts Send private message

Need to find out if this coversion is feasible.

My Neighbour is on the 1st Floor of our Apartment Block in the corner. He has bought the Apartment directly below him on the ground floor of this Apartment Block. As this three Storey Building was built in 1960's ,do you think it is a good idea to join these two Apartments together using an Intertnal Staircase. What paper work is required for this Owner to Legalise this conversion and for Building Works to commence. My Apartment is next door to my Neighbour who wishes to do this conversion and also overlooks the Terrace of this Ground Floor Apartment below.

Many Thanks




Like 0      
12 Jan 2020 8:04 AM by windtalker Star rating. 1913 posts Send private message

You need to consult a architect..if you are proposing structural modifications.

Like 0      
12 Jan 2020 9:17 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1240 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

Laws have changed recently; you need planning permission from the town hall to do anything.

There is enough in the world for everyone, but not enough for the greedy!

Like 0      
22 Jan 2020 11:49 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9389 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Community and Local Council permits needed



Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA



El blog de Maria

Like 0      
09 Mar 2023 12:04 PM by JarycKlever Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

It's a hard to thing to do right on your own. You'd better hire a professional

Like 0      
09 Mar 2023 12:05 PM by AizumYawkee Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

I've been in a similar situation, and I hope my advice helps. To determine the feasibility of this conversion, it's essential to consult with a professional architect or building engineer who can assess the structural integrity of the building and provide guidance on the feasibility of the conversion.

Like 0      
09 Mar 2023 12:11 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2317 posts Send private message

No it's not feasable at all.


This message was last edited by baz1946 on 3/9/2023.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Security advice, please - 2 posts
Which area to live in Spain - 4 posts
How do I get my apartment back? - 12 posts
Does anyone actually understand reclaiming Witholding Tax on Share Dividends if you are a UK resident - 30 posts
Bank´s liability on custody of off plan funds - 56 posts
Merry Christmas from CostaLuz Lawyers - 0 posts
Caretaker Government in Madrid trying to block the planning amnesty for rural homes in Andalusia - 2 posts
How to pay non-residents tax from England - 16 posts
Mobile Phone - 6 posts
Ideas for holiday home by coast - 4 posts
Can someone help me please with a witholding tax reclaim via 210 - 71 posts
Non resident taxes - form 210 - 11 posts
Selling My Quarter Share of My Spanish Apartment - 2 posts
Campo living: how does a deposito work? - 12 posts
Extraordinary Quotas for Future Expenses for Spanish Communities - 8 posts
Car Parking at Malaga Airport - 14 posts
Low level crime and regulation - 3 posts
Totally Worn out struggling to get Witholding Tax on dividends refunded - 2 posts
Justice at last! - 1 posts
need instalation for solar pool heater - 0 posts
free banking? - 6 posts
Buying a house in Sa Pobla, Mallorca - 1 posts
Fee hike without warning - legal? - 16 posts
Orange fibre optic - 2 posts
210 declaration - 8 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x