Operation Yellow Hammer

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | ... | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
15 Sep 2019 7:11 PM by Mickyfinn Star rating in Spain and France. 1833 posts Send private message

You've lost your sense of humour baz. The government well knows that any political support for its Brexit policy will soon evaporate when the supermarkets are empty and drug supplies dry up. They couldn't last long in that scenario.

I or you have no idea if that will ever happen. However the risk of it , if you were a gambling person is sufficient to consider other more viable options. I believe that's what's currently happening despite the rhetoric. Nobody really wants or seeks a no deal exit. 

Like 0      
15 Sep 2019 8:41 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1316 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

Well Micky seeing you have not resided in the UK for many years and have no intention of ever going there why you are so concerned about your carrots. Also how do you know nobody seeks a no deal Brexit? Please stop making up your propaganda.

Like 2      
15 Sep 2019 8:50 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1934 posts Send private message

It's laughable ..to suggest that the UK..is going to turn into a third world country .. when we leave the EU..I can just see it now ..can I have 2 pints of lagger and a packet of crisps..no problem sir that will be 1 barrow full of sterling ...I don't think so.

Like 1      
15 Sep 2019 9:36 PM by Mickyfinn Star rating in Spain and France. 1833 posts Send private message

The government including Mr Johnson has consistently said they want a deal and do not want to leave the EU without one. Johnson has also said he will leave the EU on 31st October even if a deal is not reached. Not my "propaganda" but publically declared government policy. Quite how he intends to get around the now legal requirement of requesting an extension is yet to be seen.

Like 0      
15 Sep 2019 10:36 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1222 posts Send private message

Well, eyeonbrexit rolls merrily along.

Los Heredades is a town a few k from me. The river has burst its banks and people are being evacuated and some rescued by helicopter. Fortunately, some aren't so worried about the lack of carrots:

Restaurante Antonio

Like 1      
16 Sep 2019 12:18 AM by ads Star rating. 4122 posts Send private message

Spot on Mariedav,

Our sincere thoughts go out to them. The UK had a similar scenario a few years ago in Boscastle .... frightening.

Like 1      
16 Sep 2019 12:45 AM by windtalker Star rating. 1934 posts Send private message

Mickyfinn you are as crazy as the people behind this so called UK law that apparently said it's against UK law to leave without a deal ...so our man Borris has got to go over and demand a good deal on the strength of this half assed law that has no recognition in the EU ..if the EU don't want to give a deal to the UK ..the half assed  law that was rushed through by the remainers is not worth the paper it's written on..as the EU does not have to take orders from the UK.

This message was last edited by windtalker on 16/09/2019.

Like 3      
16 Sep 2019 8:41 AM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1316 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

This is all a big wind up that members including me have fallen for.

Like 2      
16 Sep 2019 9:11 AM by Mickyfinn Star rating in Spain and France. 1833 posts Send private message

Operation Yellowhammer is intended to mitigate, within the UK, the effects of disruption, which would be expected to run for approximately three months in the event of no deal. It has been developed by the Civil Contingencies Secretariat (CCS), a department of the Cabinet Office responsible for emergency planning.

Hardly a wind-up. It doesn't suit the supporters of Brexit who believe there will be no consequences to leaving without a deal. The image of the Incredible Hulk Johnson breaking free from the manacles of the EU is plain nonsense and is in direct conflict to the advice written by the Cabinet Office. However, it plays well in the tabloids.

Windtalker. I would just point out that the EU and the UK have actually made a deal to leave. Parliament will not ratify it so it cannot proceed. Laws made in parliament are not 'half-assed' as you put it. Parliament is soverign, there are no second class laws. Johnson will be directed by the courts to request an extension. If he refuses he will be in contempt of court and pay the consequence.

Like 0      
16 Sep 2019 9:51 AM by Jarvi Star rating in Halifax UK and Sucin.... 757 posts Send private message

Pulpit Challenge - A new programme coming to everyone daily. The contestants must make up stories about the consequences of leaving the EU, referred to as project fear version twenty thousand two hundred. The winner will be the person who can post the most anti UK, pro EU drivel, and must be in the judges opinion someone who knows far more than anybody else, and who has a crystal ball that tells them exactly what will happen in the future. They must be able to quote carefully selected pro-EU propaganda, especially things written by the mainly remain civil service and ignore any positives about leaving. They must also not live in the UK as that would be deemed to be biased and must be allowed to "cherry pick" all the positives which mostly make their personal live better at cost to the UK taxpayer through the funding of the EU.

Like 2      
16 Sep 2019 10:30 AM by Mickyfinn Star rating in Spain and France. 1833 posts Send private message

Classic shoot the messenger not the message.

Like 0      
16 Sep 2019 10:54 AM by ads Star rating. 4122 posts Send private message

Here’s a message to consider Mickeyfinn....

Re your previous observation re the independence of IMF economists in relation to relevant economic debate, perhaps worthwhile reflecting on the following economic historical facts.

“The formulas that the IMF uses for its models are widely available but the forecasts are then altered through consultations with IMF staff from various area departments, a process which is not made public and has led to accusations of politicisation.”

”The IMF’s forecasting is accused of being not only politicised but also susceptible to internal wrangling, for example in the case of Argentina where a 2007 study by US institute the Center for Economic and Policy Research suggests the Fund tampered with its predictions to support its policy positions“

“A 2008 academicstudy found that the Fund regularly engaged in what was termed “defensive forecasting”, whereby over-optimistic predictions are made either to ensure the financial commitments of the Fund’s shareholders are renewed or to uphold its mandate of preventing financial crisis, rather than releasing pessimistic forecasts risk creating self-fulfilling prophecies of crises“.

”The IMF’s decision to break its own rulesand support the highly controversial Greek loan programme, agreed in 2010, prompted Brazil’s Executive Director to the IMF to protest that, “… the program … may be seen not as a rescue of Greece, which will have to undergo a wrenching adjustment, but as a bail-out of Greece’s private debt holders, mainly European financial institutions.”.

Some other questions spring to mind also.

Why is it OK for other countries to reach mutual agreements between themselves and the EU Commission without blackmail or tampering or threats that would significantly impact prior political agreements (such as the backstop), and is it not the case that the agreement you refer to was not passed by Parliament since it appeared to threaten a highly sensitive peace agreement and was perceived as a bad deal by a parliamentary majority?

To suggest that the May deal was done and dusted is wrong.

Also given the EU parliamentary votes where the UK predominantly voted for MEPs who reflected their desire to leave ( yet another vote that reinforced a desire to leave) and given the fact that the UK will not have any voice on the EU Council going forward( ironically given the EUs assumption that the UK is due to leave), how would this work going forward if the EU fail to agree to mutually acceptable terms, and the UK are left with no voice on the EU council, and the UK are denied the ability to leave with no deal ( the default)?

I would query with those who wish to remain or wish to prevent a default contingency mechanism, if this has this been fully explained to UK citizens?

Like 1      
16 Sep 2019 11:41 AM by baz1946 Star rating. 2328 posts Send private message

Well, Micky I may have lost my sense of humour ole chap.....But you Sir, lost the last bag of carrots. 

Why is anybody trying to work out, or come up with, If's but's and what will happen if we leave the EU, deal or no deal, seems to me that if we do leave then thats it, we will have to put up with what ever is thrown at us, and surprisingly enough we will survive, because thats what we do....Survive?.....Carrots or no Carrots.

Like 2      
16 Sep 2019 12:16 PM by Jarvi Star rating in Halifax UK and Sucin.... 757 posts Send private message

If you think you're dealing with a know-it-all, you probably are. Know-it-alls manifest several basic traits and behaviors because they think they have all the knowledge they could possibly need. They usually expose themselves as a know-it-all, by making it obvious through their behaviors and actions.

Like 1      
16 Sep 2019 12:46 PM by Mickyfinn Star rating in Spain and France. 1833 posts Send private message

I'm impervious to personal insults. It will not deter me continuing. Usually attacking the messenger indicates a loss of argument.

ads: Why is it OK for other countries to reach mutual agreements between themselves and the EU Commission without blackmail or tampering or threats that would significantly impact prior political agreements (such as the backstop), and is it not the case that the agreement you refer to was not passed by Parliament since it appeared to threaten a highly sensitive peace agreement and was perceived as a bad deal by a parliamentary majority?

To suggest that the May deal was done and dusted is wrong.

All international institutions are subject to criticism by outside bodies, media and individual states who dislike the truth being told. It also does not mean they are right. Its all subjective criticism. Meanwhile, the IMF gets on with its purpose of advising on risk and offering forward guidance to nations. Most of the time they seem to get it right.

I would remind you that it was the EU that decided to leave the club. As such it is perfectly acceptable for the remaining members to agree a strategic process between themselves that would be the least damaging to their mutual interests. You would not expect anything less, would you?

The Irish backstop is to protect Irish interests as well as the EU external borders and the GF agreement. It does not risk it The opposition to it is because the DUP will not accept being treated differently to the UK and risk being stuck in a customs agreement with the EU. The Labour Party opposed it for political reasons a mistake in my view.

I did not say the May plan was "done and dusted". I said that the EU and UK governments had made an agreement. Contrary to a poster alleging an agreement with the EU would not be reached.

Like 0      
16 Sep 2019 1:04 PM by Mickyfinn Star rating in Spain and France. 1833 posts Send private message

If you trouble to check on Twitter the Twitterarti are already stockpiling their garages with food. Of course the poorer in Britain will suffer the most if there are shortages. However as some of you on here are willing for Yellohammer to happen I hope you will all help those in greatest need.

Like 0      
16 Sep 2019 1:07 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2328 posts Send private message

Micky there is no loss of argument because simple put, and as full well you know, no one but no one knows the out come of staying in, leaving or anything else to do with this whole sorry mess, everything said is a personal opinion of what that one person thinks might happen, bit like predicting tomorrows weather.

Even the buffoon knows nothing, he shows this by keeping on 'We will leave on October 31st come what may' then you get the dead in a ditch rubbish, now it's the Hulk man and shackles......And this idiot is the leader of a country.

There is no truth to be told, no politician can speak the truth, they only want us to hear what they want us to know.

How can you say the EU and the UK have made any agreements, are you now suggesting that even back a couple of years the outcome was agreed as to what was going to happen before anything had actually happened?

Anyway after all this did you manage to get some carrots?

PS..Just noticed your stock piling post, is this the same stock pilling as the Yanks who think the world will end 'Tommorow'...Or is it the next day? Cant remember when it's supposed to happen now.

This message was last edited by baz1946 on 16/09/2019.

Like 2      
16 Sep 2019 1:29 PM by perrypower1 Star rating in Derbyshire/Fuerteven.... 647 posts Send private message

perrypower1´s avatar

Thank goodness for the Liberal Democrats who are bringing reality back to the political stage.

With every passing hour their presence is growing and there now exists a chance that Article 50 gets revoked.

This message was last edited by perrypower1 on 16/09/2019.

Like 1      
16 Sep 2019 1:31 PM by Mickyfinn Star rating in Spain and France. 1833 posts Send private message

All hail the Lib Dems.

Yellowhammer is actually an anagram of Orwell Mayhem. Just thought I'd lighten the mood.smiley

Like 1      
16 Sep 2019 7:49 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1934 posts Send private message

The Lib Dems . might be in the spot light at the moment .. trying every which way to over turn a democratic vote...just wait and see what happens at the next general election  to all the MPs that have defected to the Lib Dems.. personally I think if a MP defects to another party a by election should be called..Hail our man Borris for having to put up with all this crap.

This message was last edited by windtalker on 16/09/2019.

Like 2      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | ... | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

A Cunning Plan.. - 4 posts
Funeral Plan Sellers - 25 posts
renewing passport - 22 posts
Am I a "squatter"? - 13 posts
A Real Indiana Jones - 0 posts
Leeds Bradford to Murcia Ryanair Winter Flights Cancelled - 1 posts
Changing to individual water accounts - 9 posts
Dance Teacher - 0 posts
Keeping Your Cash Safe - 10 posts
Residencia query - 3 posts
Change in Administator -AGM or EGM - 10 posts
What Spanish Banks should offer every UK mortgage holder ( 2 x 1) - 13 posts
I'm spanish, maybe moving to Tenerife (various questions) - 0 posts
Solicitors fees - real or imagined - 0 posts
plusvalia - 5 posts
Off plan purchase -warning - 69 posts
Dilemma - 15 posts
Layz Spa parts - 0 posts
Personal Injury Lawyers - 7 posts
Proxy votes AGM - 4 posts
Transferring pension to spain - 10 posts
Freeware Accounting Progam for a Small Club/Association - 1 posts
need to change uk address - 59 posts
IBI tax on property - 14 posts
Debt status certificate - 68 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 160

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x