Brexit effect

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
16 Mar 2019 1:02 PM by angeleyes1 Star rating in Camposol & Bradford. 403 posts Send private message

angeleyes1´s avatar

Oh Mr Finn you do exaggerate, the British will never be barred from entering the EU or working there if needed. Stop making stuff up.

Like 2      
16 Mar 2019 1:39 PM by Mickyfinn Star rating in Spain and France. 1833 posts Send private message

Barred probably not. But the loss of rights and  freedom of movement will likely complicate all our lives in future.

Like 0      
16 Mar 2019 2:24 PM by angeleyes1 Star rating in Camposol & Bradford. 403 posts Send private message

angeleyes1´s avatar

Oh Mr Finn you do exaggerate again. Worst case scenario tourist will be visa exempt, intended residents may need an initial resident visa; workers and students may need the appropriate visa. It won’t be complicated or a big deal, you will get them online.

What next ‘’The End Is Nigh’’.

British citizens travel, work and live throughout the world without complications. And the EU is only a small part of the world.

Bulgaria, Romania, Croatia, Poland and Hungary have already stated British will be visa exempt no matter what deal is agreed. Many estate agents are advertising property in these countries with buy 1 get 1 free deal, no tax and free legal fees.

Like 2      
16 Mar 2019 4:39 PM by Mickyfinn Star rating in Spain and France. 1833 posts Send private message

That's ok then all the benefits of being in the EU with none of the obligations. Perfect. Why others don't follow beats me. 

Like 0      
16 Mar 2019 5:39 PM by angeleyes1 Star rating in Camposol & Bradford. 403 posts Send private message

angeleyes1´s avatar

They are on their way; this is the fire in which the EU will burn. They are queuing up to leave like rats jumping a sinking ship, Germany first, France second. The only ones that will be left is the skint no hopers.

Let’s face it how long are sensible citizens of wealthy countries going to prop up dead legs. The UK has shown the way. Sofia in Bulgaria will be the new European Union capital with it’s 2 star hostels and horse and cart taxis.

Like 3      
16 Mar 2019 5:46 PM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

No need for such nasty aggressive rhetoric Angeleyes.

Whatever happened to reasoned debate?

This message was last edited by ads on 16/03/2019.

Like 1      
16 Mar 2019 5:56 PM by Jarvi Star rating in Halifax UK and Sucin.... 757 posts Send private message

!Tough for you angeleyes but that's democracy says Micky Finn". This is the person who says he accepts Brexit, but doesn't. This is the person who rarely posts on the website unless its to do with Brexit. This is the person who left the UK 15 years ago and thinks he should dictate to the people living in the UK what they should do. What a joke..

Like 0      
16 Mar 2019 6:16 PM by angeleyes1 Star rating in Camposol & Bradford. 403 posts Send private message

angeleyes1´s avatar

Nothing nasty said, just not to your liking. I am entitled to post my honest views and opinions provided they are not offensive or personal to anyone. These views and opinions maybe similar to other members but of course not all. Do you have anything to contribute to the thread subject?

In future if you have anything personal to say, please PM me.

Like 1      
16 Mar 2019 6:43 PM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

You don’t understand do you Angeleyes? Your postings are frequently  and sadly offensive in tone! .....” dead legs....skint no hopers”??

It’s  not that I disagree by any means, it’s the fact that this form of belittling alienating and aggressive rhetoric that you often use, only sadly typifies behaviour that increases division and undermines cohesion in Europe and can lead to extreme behaviour that does no favour to your reasoning.

You can agree to differ with people without resorting to belittling and inciteful rhetoric.

p.s. I take it you didn’t see my question to Mariedav?

Like 0      
16 Mar 2019 6:59 PM by angeleyes1 Star rating in Camposol & Bradford. 403 posts Send private message

angeleyes1´s avatar

Ads, it seems you’re the one that does not understand. I said

‘’In future if you have anything personal to say, please PM me.’’

Perhaps your own belittling and insightful rhetoric is in excess of mine.

Now please stick to the thread and don’t post anymore personal comments please.

Like 1      
16 Mar 2019 7:54 PM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

Angeleyes

So you wish for transparency to be undermined also?

IMHO those who try to incite which leads to alienation via the use of such language such as as “dead legs and skint no hopers” etc. need to be identified. We’ll have to agree to differ on this.

Mariedav,

I would be interested to hear of your take on my last question relating to the following 

https://lawyersforbritain.org/brexit-legal-guide/eu-law-and-the-ecj/eu-law-the-ecj-and-primacy-over-national-laws

Like 0      
16 Mar 2019 8:08 PM by angeleyes1 Star rating in Camposol & Bradford. 403 posts Send private message

angeleyes1´s avatar

More personal off thread comments.

Like 0      
16 Mar 2019 9:38 PM by tteedd Star rating in Hertfordshire & Punt.... 990 posts Send private message

The majority percentage in this case was 3.8%

3.8% is the difference in the votes cast of leave voters over remain voters expressed as a percentage.

The majority is the excess of no voters above the number of remain voters, in this case nearer 8% if you want to express it as a percentage but better expressed as 1,099,502 votes.

An when remainer MP's say thay are speaking for 50% of the electorate they should realise that the remain vote was in fact 34% of th electorate.

'The straight banana myth''

As one who was prevented from getting to his hotel by farmers blockading the airport in Madeira over the matter I know this is no myth. But the the poster already knows it is no myth as it was discussed on the defunct thread he started.

This message was last edited by tteedd on 16/03/2019.

Like 2      
16 Mar 2019 10:00 PM by tteedd Star rating in Hertfordshire & Punt.... 990 posts Send private message

'My essential point is the British system of government ie: Parliament supersedes all forms of decision making by whosoever makes it. Even the sovereign herself.'

You sure about that ?

I thought we had no written constitution and that the authority of government stemmed from the Monarch?

The power of the monarch is not absolute, we established that when we cut off Charles 1's head, but the queen both calls for a prime minister to form a government and signs all Bills into law as Acts of Parliament.

If the queen hopped on a plane sped off to Bruxelles and signed Mrs May's agreement as Head of State do you think it would be legally valid?

It might cause a constitutional crisis - but that is a different matter.

Like 0      
17 Mar 2019 7:53 AM by Mickyfinn Star rating in Spain and France. 1833 posts Send private message

Theresa May will tell Conservative MPs this week to back her or risk never leaving the EU, after she was warned that if her Brexit deal falls, parliament would have the power to delay the UK’s departure indefinitely.

So the Sunday Times reports this morning. May will acknowledge the absolute power of parliament to prevent Brexit taking place at all. There is no further authority that can reverse that decision. The idea that HM would fly to Brussels and sign up and exit deal is an amusing idea but would probably result in the total collapse of the monarchy. Legally the EU couldn't accept it. Britain has a constitutional monarchy which in essence means the monarchy is restrained by a parliament, by law, or by custom.

I think is clear the DUP and the ERG have held out as long as they can now. If Brexit does not happen the leavers can fairly place the blame for it on these two groups. They won't want to risk that.  I expect them to cave in this week and back the deal. Then a short extension and Britain enters the orderly transition period. 

The effect of that will be hopefully agreements on trade and citizen rights that will continue as they are. 

Like 0      
17 Mar 2019 9:51 AM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

There is one other scenario which has been highlighted by a legal analysis ( lawyers for Britain) which suggests that MPs should hold their nerve and highlights details relating to a longer extension of article 50. But I doubt that this would be passed by the EU if it would lead to British MEPs being voted into the European Parliament in the interim, which they would perceive as being counter productive to their aims.... Interesting to read nevertheless.

https://lawyersforbritain.org/risking-an-article-50-extension-is-miles-better-than-taking-theresa-mays-deal

Also it appears that Nigel Farage  is now stepping up his campaign for Brexit. Here’s an interview he gave which touches on the subject of the people being at odds with their parliamentarians.Love him or hate him, it gives an insight into his perspective.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsII1nqctmc

Lets hope that whatever the outcome of this withdrawal agreement stage, that some form of well reasoned common sense compromise solution can be achieved. Too much to hope for? 

This message was last edited by ads on 17/03/2019.

Like 0      
17 Mar 2019 11:05 AM by Mickyfinn Star rating in Spain and France. 1833 posts Send private message

Here is a link of a statement in English by the Spanish prime minister Pedro Sanchez explaining Spain's intentions towards British residents post Brexit, deal or no deal. It is very supportive. I hope he remains in power after the elections in April.

https://elpais.com/elpais/2019/03/13/inenglish/1552482868_952055.html#?id_externo_nwl=newsletter_inenglish20190315m

Like 1      
17 Mar 2019 1:37 PM by tteedd Star rating in Hertfordshire & Punt.... 990 posts Send private message

Interesting Ads.

Lawyers for Britain support my contention that our governments have failed us by lack of preparation. Cameron doing nothing at all and May working towards a plan that may have been useful to the EU was bound to cause trouble in parliament and with a backstop being totally constitutionally unacceptable.

Two and a half years should have been ample time to prepare to leave and it has been completely wasted.

We did not vote for:

Brexit

Hard Brexit

Soft Brexit

A plan

Ask me again later

Half in half out.

We voted to leave the EU

This message was last edited by tteedd on 17/03/2019.

Like 3      
17 Mar 2019 4:28 PM by Mickyfinn Star rating in Spain and France. 1833 posts Send private message

The public advised the government by a small majority they wanted to leave the EU. The onus then is on the parliament to decide how to leave since the HOW was not in the referendum question.

I know many disagree with that convention but it happens to be the reality of parliamentary procedures in Britain. You can't say you believe in democracy when it suits and not when the actuality dawns.

Like 1      
17 Mar 2019 5:23 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

The team negotiating an exit deal were all remainers. Why is any one surprised they have created a situation where U.K.  cannot really accept the ‘deal’ and do will remain !

Like 4      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Exchange Spanish LHD car for UK rhd car - 7 posts
Firefly/Do You Spain extra charge for 75+ drivers - 10 posts
Suitability of Location for Air Con Units - 3 posts
Spain post Brexit for British residents. - 68 posts
Buying a rural property in the Malaga region - 22 posts
Campo delivery of water - 5 posts
Funds seized by La Caixa for alleged tax avoidance...next steps? - 3 posts
Are the days of Freeloaders limited in Spain? - 44 posts
Reassurance needed - 21 posts
Comfort in numbers. - 19 posts
Car Hire & Excess Insurance - 9 posts
Open gate for Ocean View/ Palmera buyers - 0 posts
Residencia Certificate encripted with Permanent Residence - 7 posts
Which Costa del Sol school? - 0 posts
Flight prices to Corvera - 3 posts
For sale yamaha RGXAZ electric guitar - 0 posts
property rental - 7 posts
Hello, a couple of retired brits. - 2 posts
Interest delays vs Brexit - 9 posts
Social Security Contributions - 3 posts
recent amendments to horizontal act regarding disabled and elderly - 3 posts
THINKING OF MOVING TO SPAIN, AT LONG LAST - 15 posts
Medical insurance cover in Spain - 8 posts
Pilates in Mojacar or near - 0 posts
Direct Debit for paying Spanish Income Tax to agencia tributaria - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 103

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x