Social Security Contributions

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
08 Feb 2019 2:05 PM by TarifaSun Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

I was resident and working as Autonomos in Spain for over 15 years and I'm now working elsewhere abroad. As can be done in the UK, can I make voluntary S.S. contributions in Spain in order to maintain any future pension entitlements?



Like 0      
08 Feb 2019 6:10 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1870 posts Send private message

You used the term was a I take it you are no longer a resident in Spain... in that case why would you want to make NI contributions to the Spanish government of  approximately €250 per month when you don't live in Spain...if you are in residence  in the UK for instance you would pay NI contributions to the UK government ..the same goes for any other country you now resident in....maybe when you get to pension age for Spain you will able to claim a small pension for the 15 years contributions you paid in ...I don't think you will get the answer to this on EOS you will need to consult a Tax account in Spain.

PS .if you can afford it Pay your €250 into a private pension scheme ...this will give you much more than a couple of hundred euro's per month that... the Spanish pension state pension will pay out think about it.


This message was last edited by windtalker on 09/02/2019.

Like 0      
09 Feb 2019 9:16 PM by TarifaSun Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Not longer a resident, but I am hoping to in the future. From what I understand to be entitled to a reduced spanish state pension I have to have contributed  for 15 years but two of those years have to be within 10 or 15 years ?? before retirement. It's over 15 years ago that I made the S.S. contributions so I have to make at least another two years. With Brexit I may not be able to make those two other contributions and therefore was wondering if its possible to make volunartary contributions when I am not resident there, as can be done in the UK for expats. I am hoping to be elegible for a full UK state pension AND a part Spanish pension, independently, and not to count the contributions together to make up one full pension. I understand that this is possible. A part pension may be small, but I would need a substantial  amount in the bank earning interest to generate this income, and therfore it may be worth pursuing. Thanks for you previous response.


Like 0      
10 Feb 2019 11:24 PM by ads Star rating. 4108 posts Send private message

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

recent amendments to horizontal act regarding disabled and elderly - 3 posts
Medical insurance cover in Spain - 4 posts
Pilates in Mojacar or near - 0 posts
Direct Debit for paying Spanish Income Tax to agencia tributaria - 4 posts
Garden and pool Maintenance cost - 4 posts
Bought nearly 3 years ago - still lots to learn! - 7 posts
Liberty Seguros problems - 9 posts
S1 healthcare for pensioners - default position. - 16 posts
mcik - 9 posts
Record car hire - 8 posts
Cheapest way to sell? - 4 posts
Corvera airport - 32 posts
Retrieving stolen property - 0 posts
Door to Door Salesman - 7 posts
Maria can you please comment..... - 0 posts
For Sale - 3 posts
Spanish government launches website to warn about effects of Brexit - 14 posts
long term parking options near Barcelona airport - 0 posts
Freelancing in Spain vs Portugal - 1 posts
Taxi to condado - 10 posts
Best Guitar for Kids? - 19 posts
Tax letter from bank - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x