Residencia Certificate encripted with Permanent Residence

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
16 Feb 2019 8:31 AM by nigel188 Star rating in Estepona. 647 posts Send private message


Has any Expat applied for Permanent Residence to be encripted on their Green Residence Certificate . I need to know what the Procedures are to go about obtaining this new Form. I believe you can get this Form from the Foreigners Dept of your Local Police Station. You can have your Residence Formed encripted after your have been in Spain for 5 years, I believe.

Thank You



This message was last edited by nigel188 on 16/02/2019.



Like 0      
16 Feb 2019 10:58 AM by nitram Star rating in castalla. 178 posts Send private message

Done ours at the end of last year, wife got all the paper work toghther( as she is autonomos,) so check foriegns office web page for paper work needed, but obvious ones passport, padron, proof of income etc. Our first one was like others was for 5 years, now this new one says Permanent on it,all done and dusted (both of ours ) in 20 mins , when you get it i see on the N332 web page it is illegal to laminate Residence certificates.

Like 1      
16 Feb 2019 3:02 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1227 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

Is it actually a legal requirement to obtain this new certificate if you have the old green certificate that has no expiry date?

There is enough in the world for everyone, but not enough for the greedy!

Like 0      
16 Feb 2019 3:19 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1180 posts Send private message

The one  you currently have states that you are on the register of EU foreigners resident in Spain.

The Residente Permanente ones don't say you are a EU foreigner.

Now, it probably won't make any difference (we hope) when the UK leaves the EU as the EU rules state anyone (EU citizen or not) residing legally in an EU country for over 5 years should be regarded as a permanent resident in that country although non-EU residents are to obtain a card stating that.

The procedure for getting the permanente one is exactly the same as getting the original card and you simply tick the bit at the bottom under Residente Permanente marked durante cinco anos.

Sounds easy but, in this area at least, getting an appointment at a National Police station or a foreigners' office is a bit of a long wait with none available in our local area (Elche, Torrevieja, Orihuela Costa) until April at the earliest.

Bit of a belt and braces thing to get the permanent one I think.

From the EU site:

Towards the end of their 5th year of continuous legal residence your non-EU family members should apply for a permanent residence card in the EU country where you live.

The permanent residence card is often issued free of charge (or for the same price as identity cards for nationals). It should be valid for 10 years and is automatically renewable without any condition or requirement.

When applying for their permanent residence card, your non-EU family member must give proof that they've been living legally in the country for 5 years - for example, using a valid residence card issued 5 years ago.

The above is for non-EU citizens.

And for us EU citizens

As an EU national, you automatically acquire the right of permanent residence in another EU country if you have lived there legally for a continuous period of 5 years.  If you fulfil this requirement, you can apply for a permanent residence document, which confirms your right to live in the country where you now live permanently, without any conditions.

This is different from the registration certificate which is compulsory in many countries. The permanent residence document is not compulsory.

I suppose it could be argued we won't be EU citizens after March (maybe).



Like 0      
16 Feb 2019 3:30 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1227 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

So it’s not compulsory, just another job creation scheme for Spanish bureaucrats.

There is enough in the world for everyone, but not enough for the greedy!

Like 0      
18 Feb 2019 2:22 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5240 posts Send private message

When asked,  the extranjeria staff confirm that when one has been resident for five years, their status is automatically permanent.  There is no requirement to apply to up date it.

Of course one can do so if they choose.  Appointments can now only be made online.




This message was last edited by johnzx on 18/02/2019.

This message was last edited by johnzx on 18/02/2019.

Like 0      
20 Feb 2019 10:36 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1180 posts Send private message

On the same subject, this was posted just recently. No, I wasn't at the meeting but there are some important points if UK leaves without a deal.

Update on Residence after Brexit

Nope, have no idea if any of it will happen but seems to be a few high ups who are stating our residence cards (OK, the On the Register of EU foreign nationals resident in Spain). 

I would think, though, that the very many Brits who have been living under the radar for some time should get their residency confirmed if it is possible in the time available.


Like 0      
21 Feb 2019 9:25 AM by angeleyes1 Star rating in Camposol & Bradford. 405 posts Send private message

angeleyes1´s avatar

It’s all speculation, if, buts and maybes. We have had to listen to all the Mystic Megs for the last 2 years. This morning on Sky TV £50 a time for a tourist visa. I doubt those under the radar really care, just carry on with the EHIC and pay tax nowhere. Then there is the new free healthcare law for anyone legal or not. When has a Brit spending his money ever been deported for non residence? Whatever the law and rules become they are likely to be pie crust blind eye. Will you need to show your passport and residence card at Carrefour check out? Spain will let in anyone with 5 bob to spend.

When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk.

Like 1      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Car Rental Business - 2 posts
Which Costa del Sol school? - 0 posts
Flight prices to Corvera - 3 posts
For sale yamaha RGXAZ electric guitar - 0 posts
property rental - 7 posts
Hello, a couple of retired brits. - 2 posts
Interest delays vs Brexit - 9 posts
Social Security Contributions - 3 posts
recent amendments to horizontal act regarding disabled and elderly - 3 posts
Medical insurance cover in Spain - 8 posts
Pilates in Mojacar or near - 0 posts
Direct Debit for paying Spanish Income Tax to agencia tributaria - 4 posts
Garden and pool Maintenance cost - 4 posts
Bought nearly 3 years ago - still lots to learn! - 7 posts
Liberty Seguros problems - 9 posts
S1 healthcare for pensioners - default position. - 16 posts
mcik - 9 posts
Record car hire - 8 posts
Cheapest way to sell? - 4 posts
Corvera airport - 32 posts
Retrieving stolen property - 0 posts
Door to Door Salesman - 7 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x