Liberty Seguros problems

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
31 Jan 2019 2:01 PM by delsy Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

i have all-inclusive insurance with Liberty Seguros. i had an accident on the 30th of November 2018.

The car in front of me stopped quickly, and I did the same. but the 16-seater bus behind me did not.

My car was shunted from behind and I hit the car in front of me. the car is a right off.

I have a police report stating it was the bus drivers’ fault.

But my insurance company  Liberty Seguros have not paid me out yet and I have requested for a layer. On 4 occasions and they told me one would be in contact but nothing. I have no car and the car had only 30.000 k on the clock.

PLEASE can someone advise me what I should do

Steve  

Like 1      
31 Jan 2019 5:57 PM by nigel188 Star rating in Estepona. 656 posts Send private message

Nigel

Like 1      
31 Jan 2019 6:24 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1315 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

Interesting link.

Who pays the lawyers costs even if you win?

How many years before a judge hears the case?

What happens if the insurance company ignore the Ombudsman and/or court decision?

Like 0      
01 Feb 2019 1:12 PM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

Just a thought but another potentially useful link perhaps to the citizens advice bureau, plus a petition to try and get the UK Government to Fund Advice Services for British Citizens living in Spain

https://www.citizensadvice.org.es/

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/228633?fbclid=IwAR2zBohIQDhiAuP3RmjBcXrEyp2xpIc4qmWZJsSsrLXAEnwJhnhEREOhmR0

As with all these things it’s only when you are directly impacted that you realise the vulnerabilities associated with consumer protection and rights, but it also depends upon caring and the proactivity of individuals to fight and support ongoing endeavours in this regard.

Like 0      
01 Feb 2019 4:21 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1315 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

Ads, this could be a great idea and real step forward. Would those signing the petition fund the project or would the British taxpayer be expected to cough up?

Like 0      
01 Feb 2019 6:15 PM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

Our aim is to provide independent advice, information and support for all interested citizens in Spain, this to include visitors, expatriates and Spaniards alike – for Free. We cover all regions of Spain, the Balearic’s and Canary Islands. We believe that such an organisation is imperative, especially for hundreds of thousands of non-Spanish residents, who often struggle to understand their rights in a complex bureaucracy with the existing and ever changing laws and rules.

We are an apolitical concern but with our growing membership intend to become a strong enough force to be able to lobby for our rights here where we are habitual residents. We are also aware that Spain also needs a functional and serious consumer protection agency.

The services we provide are free though we accept donations. Citizens Advice Bureau Spain is a registered charity, a Spanish Non-Profit/NPO/ONG organisation (Registration nº 11253).

We are quite convinced that we can make a difference and that we are stronger together!

Help us to help you by donating. Please do not leave this to others.

Thank you for caring and visiting us today.

Myra

Myra Cecilia Azzopardi, Founder.”

Your question obviously depends, as with most charitable concerns, if citizens feel it worthy of donations.

Having said that if people feel that Spain at present lacks a” serious and functional consumer protection agency” then perhaps there is a case for this to be considered of sufficient concern for it to be funded ( or partially funded) by UK Governmental support. 

This message was last edited by ads on 01/02/2019.

This message was last edited by ads on 01/02/2019.

Like 0      
04 Feb 2019 11:28 AM by arago Star rating. 21 posts Send private message

delsy

Tell Liberty Seguros you want an Hoja de Reclamación, which they're legally bound to provide, and use it to register a complaint.  Usually just asking for it results in some action.

Like 1      
04 Feb 2019 7:43 PM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 803 posts Send private message

Ads, Kavanagh having been a volunteer in a CAB office in UK for many years the only financial assistance came via donations from the public and, if fortunate a local organisation. 

The local council did....for free 🙄..fund our premises and pay a pittance towards one paid person..the office manager.    The Government gave, nor would donate, NADA. Disgraceful when you consider MP’s have even been known to claim back for the hire of questionable videos........

Without the army of Brits who freely give of their time helping others Britain would be , not a 3rd, but a 4th world country...

Like 0      
04 Feb 2019 9:08 PM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

Thanks Floella,

So there’s the answer to your question Kavanagh....caring by charitable giving, via donations to the CAB and Govt provision are both of equal importance to provide and retain essential independent assistance for those “who often struggle to understand their rights in a complex bureaucracy with the existing and ever changing laws and rules.”

But even more so when corruption and abuse runs rife.

That is not to say that there isn’t a place for forums such as this that hopefully help to educate, provide a means to ask many questions and in that process endeavour to gain greater accountability and where possible offer practical advice.

Like 0      
05 Feb 2019 8:35 AM by delsy Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Thank you for all for your advice, they have made a settlement after i put up on twitter. how incompetent they were. that seemed to do the trick

again, thank you all 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

S1 healthcare for pensioners - default position. - 16 posts
mcik - 9 posts
RENTAL PROPERTY? - 2 posts
Record car hire - 8 posts
Cheapest way to sell? - 4 posts
Corvera airport - 32 posts
Retrieving stolen property - 0 posts
Door to Door Salesman - 7 posts
BOGUS POLICEMEN? - 4 posts
Maria can you please comment..... - 0 posts
For Sale - 3 posts
Spanish government launches website to warn about effects of Brexit - 14 posts
long term parking options near Barcelona airport - 0 posts
Freelancing in Spain vs Portugal - 1 posts
Taxi to condado - 10 posts
Best Guitar for Kids? - 19 posts
Tax letter from bank - 5 posts
Property Retention Tax - 4 posts
Road Trip from Santander to Torreviaje - 0 posts
Mortgage Floor clause - 3 posts
GoFundMe campaign for Property Rights Association AUAN - 0 posts
Buying a new car - 1 posts
Not receiving e-mail notifications for new forum posts - 4 posts
HomeAway Web Site now sending income to Spanish Tax authorities - 3 posts
Deal or no Deal - 72 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x