Cheapest way to sell?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
27 Jan 2019 9:25 PM by Bigbadrabbits Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

We have now decided to sell our apartment in the New Golden Mile and was wondering if anyone could advise?

We are adamant that we dont want to pay 5% plus VAT to sell it.  What are the alternatives?

Like 0      
27 Jan 2019 9:33 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Two alternatives:

Find an estate agent that charges less than 5%

Sell it privately. Stick a sign in the window with your number on, and be prepared to take a lot of stick from time-wasters, nosey neighbours, estate agents trying to list it, and every other kind of crackpot out there. You can list it on some web portals (some are free) but in my experience, the sign in the window is more effective - if you're prepared for all the cr4p that goes with it. Bear in mind that most of the calls will be Spanish speakers, and also remember that if you don't use an estate agent, you'll have to handle any negotiation yourself, plus work out how to deal with the legal side of things.

Good luck!

(one other alternative: just slap 5% on your asking price, then pick your estate agent!)

This message was last edited by Roberto on 27/01/2019.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 1      
28 Jan 2019 5:21 PM by angeleyes1 Star rating in Camposol & Bradford. 403 posts Send private message

angeleyes1´s avatar

Everything Roberto says is spot on. However I do understand your grievance in paying some spiv so called estate agent €10,000 for doing next to nothing when you can easily put up your own for sale sign.

You will get the usual timewasters, in many cases it’s their hobby like anoraks going to demos. You just need to weed them out. Ask all enquiries how soon they want to complete, that’s the same as saying have you got the money available.

Your Lawyer can do the deposit contract and the rest, unfortunately he/she will also probably be another parasite spiv.  

Like 2      
28 Jan 2019 8:10 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

I have sold 2 of the three homes I have had in spain from a board outside.  Never experienced any problems.  The other property was in a more remote area so a board outside was not really a possibility 

I have never employed anyone to act for me on the three sales and four purchases I have made   The same applies  on two apartments my son has bought, but maybe I have a bit more knowledge on than some, so I do not recommend it to everyone. 

Like 0      
28 Jan 2019 8:42 PM by angeleyes1 Star rating in Camposol & Bradford. 403 posts Send private message

angeleyes1´s avatar

Congratulations John. You clearly have superior knowledge.

Like 2      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Corvera airport - 32 posts
Retrieving stolen property - 0 posts
Door to Door Salesman - 7 posts
BOGUS POLICEMEN? - 4 posts
Maria can you please comment..... - 0 posts
For Sale - 3 posts
Spanish government launches website to warn about effects of Brexit - 14 posts
long term parking options near Barcelona airport - 0 posts
Freelancing in Spain vs Portugal - 1 posts
Taxi to condado - 10 posts
Best Guitar for Kids? - 19 posts
Tax letter from bank - 5 posts
Property Retention Tax - 4 posts
Road Trip from Santander to Torreviaje - 0 posts
Mortgage Floor clause - 3 posts
GoFundMe campaign for Property Rights Association AUAN - 0 posts
Buying a new car - 1 posts
Not receiving e-mail notifications for new forum posts - 4 posts
HomeAway Web Site now sending income to Spanish Tax authorities - 3 posts
Deal or no Deal - 72 posts
Costaluz lawyers - 4 posts
Problem with Primary school teacher - 4 posts
water tank waterproofing - 0 posts
Formentera del Segura. Problems with gipsy families - 2 posts
Coding in Spanish state education - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x