Tax letter from bank

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
09 Jan 2019 6:03 PM by mcfc123 Star rating in Bury/camposol. 35 posts Send private message

Hi 

Hope you all can help,just had a letter from my bank La Caixa, askinking me to fill in my nie number and my tax details in the UK,which has to be handed into the bank within 60 days.We have a property in spain ,but are main residency is in the UK.

Does anyone know why they want this information,as look has it we are going over ina few days time,just want to know why they need this information befor going to the bank.

Thank you all

body p

Like 0      
09 Jan 2019 9:11 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1222 posts Send private message

Everybody's been asked for it. It's an EU ruling to clamp down on money laundering etc. They've been doing it for a couple of years and those who are resident in Spain have to provide their Spanish tax numbers to their UK bank.

You will need to provide your Spanish bank with your NI number.

Like 1      
10 Jan 2019 3:50 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

I am Resident in Spain. A few months ago I was asked similar questions by my bank. To cut a long story short I produced a P 60 from UK ( in respect of my government pension which is taxable in the UK ) and they accepted that to prove what they needed

Like 1      
11 Jan 2019 9:53 AM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

As mariedav has already told, it's been happening for quite a few years past, I have had them and they are nothing to worry about, they know all about you anyway and it's the law, only a fool kids themselves no one knows about themselves, if I remember correctly one letter did mention if I didn't fill it in and send it back my bank had to stop me using it, probably until I sorted it out.

I never did take them into my bank only did via email over and asking them to confirm they got it okay, they always did.

Like 1      
11 Jan 2019 4:51 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Couldn't the banks save themselves postage by just asking Mr.Zuckerberg for everyone's info? cheeky

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
11 Jan 2019 4:52 PM by johnmcmahon Star rating. 335 posts Send private message

I had a letter from my bank cajamar about non residents registration. It said I had to fill out a form which could be done at the bank. The purpose would be I would not have to pay the fee  for this as it would cease to be a 2 yearly declaration. As well as passport and my Spanish NIE number I would also need any document I had with my UK National Insurance on it. They said I had to do it within the next year.

I'm trying to copy the letter on here......but a box says press ctrl/cmd+OK which is incomprehensible

This message was last edited by johnmcmahon on 11/01/2019.

This message was last edited by johnmcmahon on 11/01/2019.

Like 1      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Property Retention Tax - 4 posts
Road Trip from Santander to Torreviaje - 0 posts
Mortgage Floor clause - 3 posts
GoFundMe campaign for Property Rights Association AUAN - 0 posts
Buying a new car - 1 posts
Not receiving e-mail notifications for new forum posts - 4 posts
HomeAway Web Site now sending income to Spanish Tax authorities - 3 posts
Deal or no Deal - 72 posts
Costaluz lawyers - 4 posts
Problem with Primary school teacher - 4 posts
water tank waterproofing - 0 posts
Formentera del Segura. Problems with gipsy families - 2 posts
Coding in Spanish state education - 0 posts
Zenmate - 1 posts
Long term Parking - 2 posts
Spanish communal TV rules query - 15 posts
How do you see VOX? - 4 posts
Santander - 2 posts
Looking at a Beautiful Existing Site 200+ VillaséRooms to a Retirement Village Looking For Investors - 0 posts
Apartment swap - 8 posts
wood for stove - 8 posts
Should there be a second referendum? - 401 posts
Ficha Technica - 3 posts
adapted disabled vehicles - 1 posts
Can the community put things on my wall? - 42 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x