mcik

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
28 Jan 2019 2:42 PM by mickles Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

can anyone recomend a health insurance that doesn't require me selling my spleen. i need this to become a resident. any help would be great. TIA. goverment pension does not kick in untill sepember.

Like 0      
28 Jan 2019 3:08 PM by nigel188 Star rating in Estepona. 656 posts Send private message

Hi

very informative website link below

https://www.spainmadesimple.com/insurance/health/

Good Luck with your search

Nigel

Like 0      
28 Jan 2019 4:34 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1315 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

Fri, Sep 7, 2018

Healthcare in Spain 'free and universal' to all residents, legal or not.

FREE and universal State healthcare for everyone in Spain has now been officially restored after years of undocumented migrants being denied all bar emergency treatment.

https://www.thinkspain.com/news-spain/30942/healthcare-in-spain-free-and-universal-to-all-residents-legal-or-not

Like 0      
28 Jan 2019 8:34 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Mick you do not say how old you are.   If over retirement age you will probably be entitied to ‘free’ cover paid for by DWP

Like 0      
28 Jan 2019 8:46 PM by angeleyes1 Star rating in Camposol & Bradford. 403 posts Send private message

angeleyes1´s avatar

goverment pension does not kick in untill sepember.

Like 0      
29 Jan 2019 8:26 AM by Mickyfinn Star rating in Spain and France. 1833 posts Send private message

http://www.sanitassalud.com

Like 0      
29 Jan 2019 9:14 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Extract from free health cover web page 

“Some confusion still exists, however, since non-EU citizens are needing to show proof of health insurance to be able to apply for residence, even though they will be covered by the State once they are legally resident –“

When people are applying for permission to live in spain that free cover is not accepted. That may be because that covers people living in spain, not applying to do so.  A possible ‘ legal loop hole’

Mick,  it would seem you either need to get a job, pay the private insurance or wait until you can get an S1

Best of luck 

ps Brexit might change that 

Like 0      
29 Jan 2019 9:34 AM by mickles Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

my problem is i am 65 on march 23 but won't get my government pension untill september 6th. so only need 6 month's of care, and can't get a job where i live.

Like 0      
29 Jan 2019 9:46 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Mick I suggest if you have not done so, that you call DWP overseas office in newcastle ( 0345 608 8545 ) and ask them if you can get an S1 on your 65th birthday.

Like 0      
29 Jan 2019 7:07 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

If you are a holiday home owner then you have no other option other than using a estate agents... If you lived permanent in Spain you could try a for sale board ...but as a previous poster said be prepared for the high volume of dreamer's .personally I would shop around for a good sole agency deal ...if they are not prepared to give you a discount for a sole agency ..then put it up for sale with as many agents as possible.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

RENTAL PROPERTY? - 2 posts
Record car hire - 8 posts
Cheapest way to sell? - 4 posts
Corvera airport - 32 posts
Retrieving stolen property - 0 posts
Door to Door Salesman - 7 posts
BOGUS POLICEMEN? - 4 posts
Maria can you please comment..... - 0 posts
For Sale - 3 posts
Spanish government launches website to warn about effects of Brexit - 14 posts
long term parking options near Barcelona airport - 0 posts
Freelancing in Spain vs Portugal - 1 posts
Taxi to condado - 10 posts
Best Guitar for Kids? - 19 posts
Tax letter from bank - 5 posts
Property Retention Tax - 4 posts
Road Trip from Santander to Torreviaje - 0 posts
Mortgage Floor clause - 3 posts
GoFundMe campaign for Property Rights Association AUAN - 0 posts
Buying a new car - 1 posts
Not receiving e-mail notifications for new forum posts - 4 posts
HomeAway Web Site now sending income to Spanish Tax authorities - 3 posts
Deal or no Deal - 72 posts
Costaluz lawyers - 4 posts
Problem with Primary school teacher - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x