Best Guitar for Kids?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 Jan 2019 14:38 by CodyCobey Star rating in Miami, FL. 6 posts Send private message

Hello! 

My 10 years old son is stubborn to get an electric guitar. I showed him some little guitars, but he wants the regular one that artists use. I found these electric guitars, but their price is near $500. Is there any Yamaha regular size guitar or Fender that would be available at $300? 

Or any other place where I will able to buy used guitars?

This message was last edited by CodyCobey on 12/01/2019.

This message was last edited by CodyCobey on 12/01/2019.

Like 0      
12 Jan 2019 14:48 by Fhanrah Star rating. 42 posts Send private message

Are there any Pawn Shops near you

Like 0      
12 Jan 2019 18:19 by angeleyes1 Star rating in Camposol & Bradford. 406 posts Send private message

angeleyes1´s avatar

Try car boot sale, but don't expect original purchase receipt.

Like 0      
13 Jan 2019 13:31 by johnmcmahon Star rating. 301 posts Send private message

electric guitars are easier to play but you're tied to an amp then. There's a music shop in Murcia who have a yamaha section...I'm sure you'll find on google. Profonic in Cartagena doesn't have yamaha section but they buid and repair guitars so might be worth a shot (it's next to the railway station) I'd go for an easy to play acoustic like the yamaha fg700...about 200 euros

Like 0      
02 Sep 2019 07:51 by adamhenry Star rating. 12 posts Send private message

I bought an electric guitar to give my nephew on his birthday. It's excellent and soft to play.

Like 0      
02 Sep 2019 21:00 by acer Star rating. 1365 posts Send private message

If your boy wants to learn it's far better to use a cheap "Spanish" guitar so he can learn a full range of chords.  If he learns on an electric guitar he is likely to be limited to bar cords and be distracted by all the gadgets, amplification, distortion etc rather that learn the basics.

You can pick up a good Spanish acoustic for £50 - offer him a Fender Strat or whatever in a year, once he's proved it's not just a phase!

If you go that route make sure that the neck is not bent.  Some warp so that the gap between the frets and the strings is too large and difficult to play.

Probably not the advice sought, but you might save yourself £500 or more!  And a Spanish acoustic is likely to be more acceptable to your neighbours.

Like 0      
02 Sep 2019 22:36 by perrypower1 Star rating in Derbyshire/Fuerteven.... 647 posts Send private message

perrypower1´s avatar

A good quality electric guitar is always saleable.   If he does not take to it you can sell it on.  

Like 0      
03 Sep 2019 16:25 by acer Star rating. 1365 posts Send private message

Of course, but with an electric guitar you need a lot of kit also - amp, speakers, pedals with a few boxes of tricks.   This all adds up to many hundreds of pounds and you'll likely to lose a bit on what may be a fad. 

However if you buy a simple acoustic for £50 your maximum loss is £50.

Like 0      
03 Sep 2019 16:43 by Jarvi Star rating in Halifax UK and Sucin.... 728 posts Send private message

To all replying to the original poster. This was put on in January.....adamhenry always keeps replying to random posts for some peculiar reason, probably long after the original poster has sorted their issues....

Like 0      
03 Sep 2019 18:05 by johnmcmahon Star rating. 301 posts Send private message

I would disagree about getting a spanish guitar for a beginner. Fretboard is wider and you have to stretch your fingers more. Holding down the chords on a spanish takes much more effort. You have to press harder.  Also strumming on plastic strings does not produce the sound that you get on a steel stringed acoustic or electric and a learner is going to do more strumming than picking. Finally any guitar that costs 50 euros will be pretty crap.

Like 0      
03 Sep 2019 21:18 by acer Star rating. 1365 posts Send private message

It's very sad when folk resort to using bad language to try to make a point, an erroneous one at that.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Tax letter from bank - 5 posts
Property Retention Tax - 4 posts
Road Trip from Santander to Torreviaje - 0 posts
Mortgage Floor clause - 3 posts
GoFundMe campaign for Property Rights Association AUAN - 0 posts
Buying a new car - 1 posts
Not receiving e-mail notifications for new forum posts - 4 posts
new business - 10 posts
HomeAway Web Site now sending income to Spanish Tax authorities - 3 posts
Deal or no Deal - 72 posts
Costaluz lawyers - 4 posts
Problem with Primary school teacher - 4 posts
water tank waterproofing - 0 posts
Formentera del Segura. Problems with gipsy families - 2 posts
Coding in Spanish state education - 0 posts
Zenmate - 1 posts
Long term Parking - 2 posts
Spanish communal TV rules query - 15 posts
How do you see VOX? - 4 posts
Santander - 2 posts
Looking at a Beautiful Existing Site 200+ VillaséRooms to a Retirement Village Looking For Investors - 0 posts
Apartment swap - 8 posts
wood for stove - 8 posts
Should there be a second referendum? - 401 posts
Ficha Technica - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 11

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x