Corvera airport

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
23 Jan 2019 6:02 PM by Legend Star rating. 57 posts Send private message

is  it true there are no facilities to buy meals drinks toiletries etc and was a flight delayed because they could not find the keys to open up we were on that flight a flight to Leeds was delayed and all the passengers went away to get hot food .Fair play the only had 6years to prepare

Like 0      
24 Jan 2019 10:52 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

No it's not true...it's utter crap.

Like 1      
25 Jan 2019 7:45 AM by angeleyes1 Star rating in Camposol & Bradford. 403 posts Send private message

angeleyes1´s avatar

I have a tendency to concur with windtalker this is an amplification. I am not confident if the OP is asking or telling.

This message was last edited by angeleyes1 on 25/01/2019.

Like 1      
25 Jan 2019 7:03 PM by johnmcmahon Star rating. 335 posts Send private message

It was on Seguro's facebook page. They've actually been in the airport checking the parking facilities for their pick up/drop off operation. Everything the OP says is on that page. Pretty easy to find

Like 0      
25 Jan 2019 8:43 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1223 posts Send private message

There is a cafe just outside the entrance hall but there is nothing inside once you've gone through. There are vending machines for snacks and coffees but no bar, no shops, no hot food.

Like 0      
25 Jan 2019 11:37 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

Corvera has only been opened 2 weeks ..it will take some time before it's up and running properly.. location wise it is  far better than San Javier .. apparently  sevaral new bus services will be starting shortly from Corvera one of them will be stopping at Condo/Camposol/Mazarron.

This message was last edited by windtalker on 27/01/2019.

Like 0      
29 Jan 2019 7:55 PM by acer Star rating. 1529 posts Send private message

We flew into Corvera 10 days ago - yeah it's still very much the bare shell, but all very straightforward and Seguro were there - a complete seamless transfer, a really well run outfit.

There's a massive car park, maybe twice the size of San Javier - with good sized parking bays too.

The only niggle we had was the absence of any road signage - lots of signposts to Murcia & Cartagena which was no use whatever to us.   Apparently there were a couple of roads closed.   At night it wasn't at all simple, but no doubt the  road work and additional road signs will all be in place in a year or two.

There's supposed to be at lounge at Corvera, but we didn't even bother to ask if it was functional.

Longer term it should be good - signs of more flights at civilised hours - currently EasyJet are doing a single to LGW at £20 - eat your heart out RyanAir.

Like 0      
14 Feb 2019 6:35 PM by molynem Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

very interseting, thank you for posting. I believe WH smith are opening soon.

Like 0      
14 Mar 2019 4:21 PM by acer Star rating. 1529 posts Send private message

Yes W H Smith have two units there - one after you go through security.  There was a comment about their expensive water, we bought ours from the dispensing machines - I think it was €1 for a small bottle, which seems to be the going rate.

The big surprise for me was the absurdly low number of seats in the right places, once you go through towards the departure gates.  If you're one of those folk who like to stand up and queue for an hour or two it's not a problem, but I reckon there's substantially less than half the seats required per flight.  Of course at San Javier it was one big departure lounge so it didn't really matter.  At RMU it's an elongated format so sitting at the next departure gate is far from ideal.

When we were there a couple of weeks ago there were only a handful of commericial units occupied, no signs of an  airport lounge even though it was said to be planned.

But overall I'm pleased with the change.  I don't agree with the San Javier nostalgia being banged about.  It's massively better than Alicante and is likely to attract a better range of flights.  I heard that flights to Majorca are a possibility, so perhaps in time the Canaries also, which will be a lot easier than flying via Madrid.  It's progress and hopefully some of the shortcomings, like the chair shortage, will be addressed in time.  But of course having waited 10 years for it to open...

Like 1      
15 Mar 2019 1:40 PM by Jarvi Star rating in Halifax UK and Sucin.... 757 posts Send private message

I agree with you Acer about the seating. You would have thought that with the airport being completed around 3 years ago that they would have got that sorted before. The other thing I noticed last week is that there are no specific seats for disabled people. At San Javier the assistance people knew exactly where the disabled passengers were. With regard to the flights, Ryanair are going to be flying to Palma Majorca three times a week on their summer schedule.

Like 1      
24 Mar 2019 11:37 AM by Mrsubby Star rating. 75 posts Send private message

It would make sense if they uplift the seating at San Javier and refit in Corvera, but don’t hold your breath on timescales

Like 0      
24 Mar 2019 12:26 PM by angeleyes1 Star rating in Camposol & Bradford. 403 posts Send private message

angeleyes1´s avatar

Not if the directors brother-in-law is supplying the new seating.

Like 1      
24 Mar 2019 12:49 PM by Mrsubby Star rating. 75 posts Send private message

If he was, they would have been in from day one 

Like 0      
24 Mar 2019 1:15 PM by acer Star rating. 1529 posts Send private message

Flew in again yesterday and it was the new road signage out of the airport that’s also a bit weird. 

There are lots of signs to Murcia and Cartagena - but I wanted the other direction towards Mazarron/Isla Plana.  But they’ve chosen Corvera (!) Fuente Alamo – a very odd choice.

Like 0      
24 Mar 2019 2:07 PM by angeleyes1 Star rating in Camposol & Bradford. 403 posts Send private message

angeleyes1´s avatar

You could get a SatNav £30 on ebay, this would also help you find your way home in UK.

Good luckwink

Like 0      
24 Mar 2019 3:14 PM by acer Star rating. 1529 posts Send private message

I have a built in satnav - it wanted to take me towards the  Cartagena and A30 - they are all new roads.

Like 0      
24 Mar 2019 3:29 PM by angeleyes1 Star rating in Camposol & Bradford. 403 posts Send private message

angeleyes1´s avatar

Have you thought maybe you could get a SatNav map update. 

Like 0      
24 Mar 2019 5:56 PM by juansheetisplenty Star rating in Cartagena. 283 posts Send private message

juansheetisplenty´s avatar

Acer, Sat Nav's in Spain are notorious for being out of date. Download "Waze" to your phone and it will pick up the new Roads straightaway. My Kia Stat Nav wanted to go the A30 route. Yes for the quickest route you do go through Fuente Alamo to Talante, then across the mountains on the A332 to Puerto Mazarron. 40 Minutes to Isla Plana.

Juan

Like 0      
24 Mar 2019 7:02 PM by acer Star rating. 1529 posts Send private message

juansheetisplenty - thanks for yours. 

I use Waze in the UK and found it quite remarkable.  The only downside to using it is that my wife has changed the settings so that the driving instructions use her voice.  But on the plus side she's not navigating wink

But I didn't know it was available in Spain that's worth knowing, thanks.

Like 0      
27 Mar 2019 9:51 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Flew from there yesterday and was very disappointed. We were told of the Ryanair flight that was delayed for 4 hours, they were given Costa vouchers!!! Luckily they were allowed back out of the departure lounge to use them. We have been told of security not asking for liquids to be removed from hand luggage, and we experienced it ourselves yesterday with people on our flight not removing theirs. 9.95€ in Smiths for a meal deal- sandwich, drink and crisps, so take your own grub!

Easy to get to, can't remember the junction as we used a transfer bus and then a straight road. If your satnav has the ability to add POIs, you can add the airport to your unit for future use.

Hopefully the situation will imrove rapidly, but it has been open almost 3 months now and there appears to be no progress.

Mark

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Retrieving stolen property - 0 posts
Door to Door Salesman - 7 posts
BOGUS POLICEMEN? - 4 posts
Maria can you please comment..... - 0 posts
For Sale - 3 posts
Spanish government launches website to warn about effects of Brexit - 14 posts
long term parking options near Barcelona airport - 0 posts
Freelancing in Spain vs Portugal - 1 posts
Taxi to condado - 10 posts
Best Guitar for Kids? - 19 posts
Tax letter from bank - 5 posts
Property Retention Tax - 4 posts
Road Trip from Santander to Torreviaje - 0 posts
Mortgage Floor clause - 3 posts
GoFundMe campaign for Property Rights Association AUAN - 0 posts
Buying a new car - 1 posts
Not receiving e-mail notifications for new forum posts - 4 posts
HomeAway Web Site now sending income to Spanish Tax authorities - 3 posts
Deal or no Deal - 72 posts
Costaluz lawyers - 4 posts
Problem with Primary school teacher - 4 posts
water tank waterproofing - 0 posts
Formentera del Segura. Problems with gipsy families - 2 posts
Coding in Spanish state education - 0 posts
Zenmate - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 33

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x