Can the community put things on my wall?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
22 Nov 2018 6:15 PM by Sten46 Star rating in Hatton, Derbyshire &.... 243 posts Send private message

I am assuming that the space is YOURS - ie you bought it and pay any IBI and community charge on it. If so, have you considered investing in a couple of lockable car park posts? 

Readily available on t'internet from eleven quid each (Amazon). Just Google 'locking car park posts'.

Bolt them down on the line, 1/3rd of the way from each end and Robert's your mother's brother, as they say!

I might consider getting a third and fixing it in the middle right at the entrance to your space, just to forestall what may be her next move.

Steve

Steve.

Like 2      
22 Nov 2018 7:51 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

SM.   You say she parked better when you illegally installed a camera    

Just s thought, how about setting up the camera again but do not have it connected.   That way she might be fooled and take more care and you will not be in trouble with the authorities. 

The president might allow you to leave the ‘dummy’ camera fitted albeit that probably technically you are not permitted to have it 

Like 0      
22 Nov 2018 8:53 PM by smccartney Star rating in Jerez. 84 posts Send private message

That thought crossed my mind. In fact , after receiving the letter from Agencia Española de Protección de Datos,  I initially just disconnected the camera and left it in place.

The main downside is Igor should I say when she hits it again, and I can't produce video it ’proves' she didn't hit it!

Like 0      
22 Nov 2018 9:30 PM by hugh_man Star rating in Kent/Roda . 1593 posts Send private message

hugh_man´s avatar

I think Sten46 has the best idea as long as the removable posts are inside your space, she would have difficulty hitting your car before the posts.

Like 0      
22 Nov 2018 9:45 PM by acer Star rating. 1529 posts Send private message

S Mccarthy - I sympathise a bit, but your requests for a camera is likely to antagonise - the refusal and adverse reaction were rather predicatable.

But why not instal a car cam?  I've never used one myself but I understand they record activity around your car even when parked.  That's less likely to provoke a hostile response. 

I've never heard that car cams breach any Data Protection regs, but someone else might know.

Like 0      
22 Nov 2018 10:08 PM by smccartney Star rating in Jerez. 84 posts Send private message

I've thought about this too and I think in the UK it would be ok. However, in Spain , it still breaches data protection law.

For me ,the obvious solution is for my nrineighbto park her car a few inches further away from mine.

Other contributors to this thread have suggested I'm being unreasonabe and going the wrong way about this. All I want is to park my small car, which cost me €10,000, in my small garage space, which also cost me €10,000, and return to find it as I left it 

Like 1      
23 Nov 2018 8:52 AM by angeleyes1 Star rating in Camposol & Bradford. 403 posts Send private message

angeleyes1´s avatar

It would seem that you want the perfect answer to your problem that includes doing nothing. Members have taken the trouble to recommend various effective things you could do, but you have dismissed them all and said you just want the problem to disappear. Why not get rid of your car and get a moped.

Like 0      
23 Nov 2018 9:07 AM by smccartney Star rating in Jerez. 84 posts Send private message

I haven't just "dismissed" anyone's suggestions.

I have explained why some of them won't work.

The best suggestion so far is the sensitive alarm with a very loud siren. This could work very well as my car is immediately under my apartment. Again this is something I'd thought of , but I stupidly bought a cheap stand-alone from AliExpress. It wasn't loud enough and only worked for a few weeks. 

I think I'll look into this idea again and get prices for a professionally installed version.

Like 0      
23 Nov 2018 9:14 AM by acer Star rating. 1529 posts Send private message

Smccarthy - For me the car camera is the obvious solution. 

I don't buy the "against the law" reason.

Dash cameras are legal in Spain. They can be used as evidence in court - so why not instal one?

Like 0      
23 Nov 2018 10:01 AM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

My Son has a very nice expensive American car, he bought for it an American alarm that 'Talks',  could be said it 'Shouts', apart from protecting the car when broken into it will tell you if you bump it, or get to close to it, like 'Stay away from the car'  plus a few other features as well, it brings attention when it goes of and anyone close by look around to see where the voice is coming from,  cheaper then repeated damage no doubt.

Like 0      
23 Nov 2018 10:33 AM by angeleyes1 Star rating in Camposol & Bradford. 403 posts Send private message

angeleyes1´s avatar

Spot on Baz. Max's amazing car alarm from phoenix nights.

https://youtu.be/khLRjyJ_Ymo

Like 0      
23 Nov 2018 10:34 AM by smccartney Star rating in Jerez. 84 posts Send private message

Lol, don't want to give her a heart attack!!

On second thoughts, where did he buy it!😂

Like 0      
23 Nov 2018 11:39 AM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Lol, don't want to give her a heart attack!!

On second thoughts, where did he buy it!😂

Sounds like if you don't do somthing you will be having the heart attack.

My Son phoned America, paid via paypal, sent it in a week. He buys parts from America so knows a couple of people in America who he buys from and asked them, always been superb to deal with.

Like 0      
23 Nov 2018 12:08 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Spot on Baz. Max's amazing car alarm from phoenix nights.

https://youtu.be/khLRjyJ_Ymo

Never seen Phoenix nights so I looked at the YouTube you spoke of, suppose you could say that was funny, thankfully  the genuine article is nothing like that so I wouldn't go by that to much.

Like 1      
23 Nov 2018 12:16 PM by hugh_man Star rating in Kent/Roda . 1593 posts Send private message

hugh_man´s avatar

Data Protection Law under GDPR are uniform across Europe nowadays, so Dash Cams are most certainly an option if you can find a way to keep it powered.

Removable posts are by far the easiest to fit and protect your car.

Alarm is fine but wont actually stop her hitting your car and potentially denying it.

You have to forget the fact that she will be reasonable, she is obviously not endowed with common sense, integrity or responsibility. No harm in protecting your property lawfully.

Like 1      
23 Nov 2018 4:09 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1316 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

Slightly off thread. Whatever the data protection laws are in Spain, if someone was breaking them would the police sort it out? Or would it be a case of sort it out yourself somehow?

Like 0      
23 Nov 2018 6:59 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

I make no comment but I just found this :-

https://www.citizensadvice.org.es/faq/is-the-use-of-dashcams-legal/

The Ley de Protección de Datos does not mention Dashcams in particular, but it prohibits the use of cameras that make recordings of the ´espacios publicos´ which the road ahead of a vehicle by definition is. In other words, in principle you cannot film the public road as you will also record personal data (numberplates of other cars e.g.) which is not allowed without the prior consent of those involved.

However, the Data Protection Act has no competence over recordings intended for private use only. So, say you want to record especially interesting bits of a  journey while on holiday for your personal use only. But if you have your camera running continuously, or even when you´re not in the vehicle, it falls under ´video vigilancia´ and then they do and you´ll have to meet a whole set of requisites most drivers have not considered. Publishing images that prove a crime has been committed on public media is not permitted. Whether they are allowed as proof in a court of justice depends on the judge, no uniform jurisprudence I´m afraid.

Like 0      
23 Nov 2018 8:02 PM by smccartney Star rating in Jerez. 84 posts Send private message

Yes, I had already thought of this. However , after reading up on it came to the same conclusion as you.

Like 0      
24 Nov 2018 10:34 AM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

N332.es website has a page on dashcams, but for driving: http://n332.es/2015/02/03/can-i-install-a-dashcam-in-my-car/

This message was last edited by Marksfish on 24/11/2018.

Like 1      
14 Dec 2018 5:14 PM by smccartney Star rating in Jerez. 84 posts Send private message

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Being chased by Sabadell in the UK - 48 posts
Car hire at new murcia airport - 15 posts
Post BREXIT residency for UK nationals - 21 posts
Brexit Draft Agreemment - 2 posts
Copia Simple problems - 1 posts
Don't know what to do - 4 posts
Supreme Court rulings - ongoing concerns - 2 posts
IRPH - waiting for outcome - 3 posts
looking to start or join a rambling club at corvera probably next year - 0 posts
Bank Repossessions Again - 86 posts
Any news - 0 posts
Computer Printer - 4 posts
Seat Leon FR 2007 for sale - 2 posts
Repairs for an Ariston built in Microwave - 0 posts
what are the implications of denouncing someone? - 0 posts
Is a community pool a "Luxury" - 4 posts
Non Resident Tax - 3 posts
HID headlights - 0 posts
Foreign graduate student - UAM - 2 posts
Petition for Supreme Court decission on Mortgage Stamp Duty Tax - 6 posts
Hello everybody - 1 posts
building merchants in Huercal Overa - 0 posts
Keeping our GB car in spain, although only being used when on two week holiday - 15 posts
Fuente de piedra - 0 posts
Going private with a prostate - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 43

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x