Can the community put things on my wall?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
19 Nov 2018 9:25 PM by smccartney Star rating in Jerez. 84 posts Send private message

My (100% Spanish) Community have refused my permission to have a camera covering my parking space.

Now they have mounted a fir extinguisher on the wall of my ground floor apartment. They ask me for permission, didn't even tell me they were going to do it. Can they do this? I don't really care about the fire extinguisher, but I'm pissed off about the camera. 

Like 1      
20 Nov 2018 11:56 AM by eos_ian Star rating in Valencia. 506 posts Send private message

eos_ian´s avatar

If I am not mistaken, the side of the wall they put the extinguisher on would probably fall into the common area for the community - that side of the wall isn't yours - so they don't need to ask for permission. Fire regulations will determine where they should be put. You can't object to this as far as I am aware.

As for putting a camera on your parking space, it probably has something to do with the other residents' right to privacy. As the camera would be yours, you would ultimately be the one who controls what it records and you would store and own that content, they probably don't want you 'potentially' recording their actions in the car park, even if you claim that it only covers your space, you could potentially move the position of the camera....

Ian :   EOS TEAM MEMBER 

www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/ianandspain.aspx

Like 0      
20 Nov 2018 1:23 PM by smccartney Star rating in Jerez. 84 posts Send private message

Thanks for the reply.

I wabted the camera becauseva neighbour famaged my car but denied it.Since they refused me permission for the camera the neighbour has damaged my car again. Luckily,this time I caught her doing it a took photos with my phone.

I was hoping they needed permission for the fire extinguisher,so I could use it as leverage for the camera.

Like 1      
20 Nov 2018 4:13 PM by angeleyes1 Star rating in Camposol & Bradford. 403 posts Send private message

angeleyes1´s avatar

Hi smccartney 

What significance does (100% Spanish) have? 

If you already have photographic evidence why do you still need CCTV? 

What do you hope to gain and how with the photographic evidence you have? 

I am only asking so members can advise you further.

Like 0      
20 Nov 2018 5:03 PM by smccartney Star rating in Jerez. 84 posts Send private message

I'd rather my neighbour was more careful when parking. I don't want to be repairing damage to my new car every few months. If she thinks she can get away with she doesn't care.

I have cooperated with their every request. However, I will not permission for anything in the future without permission to install a camera protecting my car.

100% Spanish is relevant for two reasons. First it's difficult to negotiate with them in my 2nd language. Secondly, I have been made feel unwelcome from day one.

Like 1      
20 Nov 2018 5:25 PM by angeleyes1 Star rating in Camposol & Bradford. 403 posts Send private message

angeleyes1´s avatar

Hi smccartney and thank you for your reply. 

How do you think a camera CCTV will protect your new car if the offender does not care if you photograph them or have video footage? 

If you feel that you are being victimised and are treated as an outcast have you considered moving elsewhere more friendly?

Like 1      
20 Nov 2018 6:04 PM by smccartney Star rating in Jerez. 84 posts Send private message

I bought the apartment, so a bit difficult to move.

She does care about being videoed or photographed because this time her insurance company have agreed to pay. Without CCTV, I probably won't be so lucky the third time she hits it

Like 1      
20 Nov 2018 6:18 PM by angeleyes1 Star rating in Camposol & Bradford. 403 posts Send private message

angeleyes1´s avatar

Hi smccartney and thank you for your reply. 

Fair enough, either she gave you her insurance details or your insurance company traced them. 

Seems the community will not let you install a normal camera, how about a hidden camera? Second best option.

Like 0      
20 Nov 2018 9:03 PM by smccartney Star rating in Jerez. 84 posts Send private message

I wouldn't be able to use the video if I got it illegally.

Like 0      
21 Nov 2018 8:30 AM by angeleyes1 Star rating in Camposol & Bradford. 403 posts Send private message

angeleyes1´s avatar

Seems you have legally used photos you took on your phone, I do not know why they would be legal and a camera would not, what has your insurance company told you?

Like 0      
21 Nov 2018 8:56 AM by smccartney Star rating in Jerez. 84 posts Send private message

I think taking a photo of an accident, ie the two cars touching, with a handheld camera, I different to transmitting video 24/7.

Like 0      
21 Nov 2018 9:12 AM by angeleyes1 Star rating in Camposol & Bradford. 403 posts Send private message

angeleyes1´s avatar

Perhaps that’s something you need to find out. I doubt your insurance company will be too fussy how you get the evidence. What’s the difference between a hidden camera that only you know about and you hiding behind the curtains with your phone making a video or taking photos?

Not sure of your purpose in posting this thread if you are not looking for answers and advice, perhaps you are just having a moan.

Like 0      
21 Nov 2018 12:02 PM by smccartney Star rating in Jerez. 84 posts Send private message

The difference is according to Data Protection laws, you must display warnings that an area has CCTV and if it is in a communal area you must provide a copy of the minutes of the meeting when permission was given.

Like 0      
21 Nov 2018 12:11 PM by angeleyes1 Star rating in Camposol & Bradford. 403 posts Send private message

angeleyes1´s avatar

Seems like you will just have to learn to live with the situation if you are not prepared to do anything. Just get some filler and a big touch up brush.

Like 0      
21 Nov 2018 9:49 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Is your car in view of your place? If so, put a camera on the window sill  and a sticker about cctv on your window. You have complied.

Like 0      
21 Nov 2018 10:31 PM by smccartney Star rating in Jerez. 84 posts Send private message

Hi Mark, 

My parking space is directly under my ground floor apartment. To be more precise, it's basically under my bedroom!

When, after problems with my neighbour parking several inches into my very small place, making it impossible for me to park and actually parking that close she hits my car, they refused me ppermission (without reason), I drilled a hole through my bedroom floor down to my garage space, dropped a cable diwn and installed a camera.

The community gave me a written warning to remove it within 7 days,  but didn't remove it.

This went on for almost year until finally they reported me to Agencia Española de Protección de Datos. During this year, my neighbour was a little more careful .

After receiving the letter from AEPD,  I removed the camera, and within a few weeks of that, she hit my car again.

Luckily, with my space being directly under my apartment, and knowing she had parked to close to me again because she'd realised the camera was gone ( leaving about 24 inches on the far side and about 1 inch to my car). Do I ran down to the garage to find her in her car buried right into my car.

I took some photos, sent them to my insurance company,who have been extremely helpful. This time her insurance has agreed to pay.

The first time, she denied it, and I had no proof so her insurance refused to pay.

Like 0      
22 Nov 2018 9:24 AM by angeleyes1 Star rating in Camposol & Bradford. 403 posts Send private message

angeleyes1´s avatar

Why didn’t you tell us all this at the start? 

Get your car alarm sensor upgraded so that if she touches it half of Spain will know.

Like 1      
22 Nov 2018 1:31 PM by smccartney Star rating in Jerez. 84 posts Send private message

22 Nov 2018 4:17 PM by smccartney Star rating in Jerez. 84 posts Send private message

First thing first, the parking spaces are small. I had a motorbike before the car. During this time she always parked about a foot into my space. I didn't say anything, because it wasn't a problem.

When I changed to a car ,I bought a small car , Hyundai i10 , because of the small space.

A few days before I was due to collect the car, I explained to her, and asked to park in her own space from now on.

However, she continued to park as before  on several occasions , returned home an was unable to park. I had to ask her to move her car. On one occasion she refused leaving my car blocking the whole garage until someone else got her keys and moved her car into her space properly, allowing me to park.

Eventually ,as expected she hit my car, but denied it. She parks that close to my car that has to keep her passenger mirror folded in. This means it's impossible for her to see how close she is and scrapes are inevitable. Btw she has a massive gap at the other side 

It was at this point I requested permission for a camera. When it was refused, without excuse, I installed one anyway , by drilling hole through my floor into my garage space. Many others have drilled much bigger holes through the floors of their ground floor apartments into the garage to run pipes for outside taps etc 

When they told me to remove it, I refused. I got away with it for about a year. During this time she was more careful and my car was fine.

After receiving a letter from the Data Protection Agency in Madrid, I removed the camera 

She caught on within a few weeks that the camera wasn't there and returned to her old tricks, and hit my car again.

Luckily this time I caught her red handed and took photographs. This time her insurance company is paying.

And the saga continues ..

Like 0      
22 Nov 2018 4:46 PM by angeleyes1 Star rating in Camposol & Bradford. 403 posts Send private message

angeleyes1´s avatar

Perhaps there is a lack of tolerance and understanding here. Everyone knows women cannot park cars, it’s a female deficiency.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Being chased by Sabadell in the UK - 48 posts
Car hire at new murcia airport - 15 posts
Post BREXIT residency for UK nationals - 21 posts
Brexit Draft Agreemment - 2 posts
Copia Simple problems - 1 posts
Don't know what to do - 4 posts
Supreme Court rulings - ongoing concerns - 2 posts
IRPH - waiting for outcome - 3 posts
looking to start or join a rambling club at corvera probably next year - 0 posts
Bank Repossessions Again - 86 posts
Any news - 0 posts
Computer Printer - 4 posts
Seat Leon FR 2007 for sale - 2 posts
Repairs for an Ariston built in Microwave - 0 posts
what are the implications of denouncing someone? - 0 posts
Is a community pool a "Luxury" - 4 posts
Non Resident Tax - 3 posts
HID headlights - 0 posts
Foreign graduate student - UAM - 2 posts
Petition for Supreme Court decission on Mortgage Stamp Duty Tax - 6 posts
Hello everybody - 1 posts
building merchants in Huercal Overa - 0 posts
Keeping our GB car in spain, although only being used when on two week holiday - 15 posts
Fuente de piedra - 0 posts
Going private with a prostate - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 43

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x