Don't know what to do

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
10 Nov 2018 5:45 PM by Plumpie Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

My partner died in may 2017 there is three of us that own the villa

Myself my son and my partner his family will not comunicate with me they sent a message that I must buy his share off them and stated the price I had to pay they have done nothing about applying for probate and I can't take his name off the bank account and am still paying his Spanish taxes really don't know what to do I have been with their dad for 25 yes and they have never acknowledged me 

Like 0      
10 Nov 2018 9:52 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

I believe the probate process must be filed within six months of the death 

Each inheritor is responsible for making their tax return and that they and not the estate of the deceased must pay

i as you are in a difficult situation but would suggest you seek your own legal advice ASAP  as you are already 

Like 0      
10 Nov 2018 9:54 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

In Spain I believe the probate process must be filed within six months of the death 

Each inheritor is responsible for making their tax return and that they and not the estate of the deceased must pay

I appreciate you are in a difficult situation but would suggest you seek your own legal advice ASAP  as you are already liable to being fined for late submission and further delay will lead to further problems

Like 0      
10 Nov 2018 10:10 PM by Plumpie Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

As a beneficiary of my partners will I am apportioned 1/5 share of his third share what is the tax I am liable for and can they sign away their share to me and walk away it's just a mess

Like 0      
11 Nov 2018 8:44 AM by nigel188 Star rating in Estepona. 656 posts Send private message

I suggest you seek some Legal Advice  in Spain or wherever you may at the moment , as  soon as Possible. Do not wait.!!!!!!!

This message was last edited by nigel188 on 11/11/2018.

Nigel

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Supreme Court rulings - ongoing concerns - 2 posts
IRPH - waiting for outcome - 3 posts
looking to start or join a rambling club at corvera probably next year - 0 posts
Bank Repossessions Again - 86 posts
Any news - 0 posts
Computer Printer - 4 posts
Seat Leon FR 2007 for sale - 2 posts
Repairs for an Ariston built in Microwave - 0 posts
what are the implications of denouncing someone? - 0 posts
Is a community pool a "Luxury" - 4 posts
Non Resident Tax - 3 posts
HID headlights - 0 posts
Foreign graduate student - UAM - 2 posts
Petition for Supreme Court decission on Mortgage Stamp Duty Tax - 6 posts
Hello everybody - 1 posts
building merchants in Huercal Overa - 0 posts
Keeping our GB car in spain, although only being used when on two week holiday - 15 posts
Fuente de piedra - 0 posts
Going private with a prostate - 6 posts
Autónomo vs private . Fair is fair - 6 posts
Hi - 3 posts
HOLDAY RENTA;L - 0 posts
buying out our friends share of our holiday home - 10 posts
Renting out holiday let’s on a community and fees - 12 posts
A Combi Boiler To Serve Multiple Heating Purposes | BoilerSpot - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x