Going private with a prostate

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
20 Oct 2018 11:40 AM by billeddy Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Can anyone tell me if they have had a  Private Prostate operation in Spain.  Approx. how much it costs.. Reason being I will have to wait past January 2019 to 'perhaps' have it done on the Spanish National health service.

Like 0      
20 Oct 2018 12:54 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1316 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

Hello Bill

If you do a google search and put in ‘’Prostate operation costs Spain ’’ you might get some information, I got 6 pages. However whatever quote you get you need to double it to cover all the hidden add ons. I do believe that there may be different treatments and surgery for Prostate issues and I do not think any forum members are surgeons in this field.

If treatment is urgent you could use your EHIC in Spain and pay nothing or alternatively go back to the UK and join the NHS waiting list.

Like 0      
20 Oct 2018 10:01 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

EHIC doesn't always = free treatment: https://www.nhs.uk/using-the-nhs/healthcare-abroad/apply-for-a-free-ehic-european-health-insurance-card/

Mark

Like 0      
21 Oct 2018 10:16 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Bill.  I was advised by a spanish surgeon that if one goes private and there are subsequent problems, the Spanish health service will not step in.  Thus one needs to be sure they have sufficient funds for that eventuality 

Like 0      
21 Oct 2018 12:02 PM by angeleyes1 Star rating in Camposol & Bradford. 403 posts Send private message

angeleyes1´s avatar

John, surely you are not saying that Bill would be turned away from A&E and told to go die?

Like 0      
21 Oct 2018 1:03 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

As I said, I was saying what a surgeon had told me.   I was going to pay for a breast reconstruction for a spanish friend.  It was to be a one off jesture. I decided not to go ahead   Shortly after,  my friend was called in by the health service for the operation    I believe the surgeon probably had a hand in that 

As for A&E in an emergency situation, from a best guess situation:  Life saving attention by A&E I hope it would be available,  but life saving or putting right a problem may be far apart.   In the prostrate opetation situation.  If one were left incontinent, sterile, etc. that would not be life threatening 

So Bill before opting for private, you would be wise to check if what I quoted was or was not correct 

This message was last edited by johnzx on 21/10/2018.

This message was last edited by johnzx on 21/10/2018.

Like 0      
21 Oct 2018 2:55 PM by angeleyes1 Star rating in Camposol & Bradford. 403 posts Send private message

angeleyes1´s avatar

Hello John

Yes I now understand what you are saying, sorry for the misunderstanding, if you have any private surgery in Spain and it goes wrong you are on your own, state A&E will only assist if you are at deaths door, and if not won’t have anything to do with you. This has been confirmed by a Spanish registered surgeon. Do you think this statement is on the private hospitals consent form?

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Autónomo vs private . Fair is fair - 6 posts
Hi - 3 posts
HOLDAY RENTA;L - 0 posts
buying out our friends share of our holiday home - 10 posts
Renting out holiday let’s on a community and fees - 12 posts
A Combi Boiler To Serve Multiple Heating Purposes | BoilerSpot - 0 posts
Boat moorings Aguilas Garucha area - 0 posts
Buying bigger property - 7 posts
Goldcar and eyeonspain query - 3 posts
Extraordinary fees - 1 posts
Community President - 20 posts
mr - 0 posts
Bob & Vicky - 1 posts
Data Protection - 3 posts
Empty Van Murcia to France ..UK also possible - 1 posts
Thelma - 24 posts
Is it possible to get Salud Responde in English - 0 posts
tax form 210 non resident tax - 1 posts
Los Jardines de palomares - 0 posts
Illegal bank fees when taking out a mortgage - 20 posts
Can you withdraw from your community - 7 posts
FIBRE OPTIC INTERNET - 1 posts
tax on pension - 1 posts
Hello - 3 posts
Non payment of rent and utilities - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x