Basura

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
30 Jun 2017 9:58 AM by alaska Star rating in Herts/Almeria. 15 posts Send private message

Hi got LOFO Dec, registered with town hall for Basura and at same time paid IBI.

No bill for Basura has been received. Went to Town Hall April and filled out documents again with Bank details still no bill. Any advice please? Dont want to end up with a large bill. TIA

Like 0      
30 Jun 2017 10:16 AM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

The basura/rubbish tax is paid automatically via your water bill standing charge .

Like 0      
30 Jun 2017 10:55 AM by alaska Star rating in Herts/Almeria. 15 posts Send private message

Oh didnt realise. Thanks for putting me straight!

Like 0      
30 Jun 2017 12:21 PM by randolph Star rating. 167 posts Send private message

We have a place in Almeria and we pay it quarterly as a direct debit. We organised the payment through the bank.

Like 1      
30 Jun 2017 6:57 PM by Roly2 Star rating in Almeria. 646 posts Send private message

If your water is via Galasa - they do not do basura as well.  You need to get the details of your account from the town hall and set up a direct debit with the bank.   

Like 2      
10 Jul 2017 7:48 PM by amogles Star rating in El Campello (holiday.... 174 posts Send private message

I'm in Campello and the bazura here is charged by the SUMA but in a separate payment to the main SUMA charge. They only charge once a year though so it could be you missed the date, in which case the previous owner will probably have payed for you.. We have ours set up as an automatic debit order from the bank which is way less hassle than having bills delivered by post. They don't send out receipts but you can log into their website and download one as a pdf. I print these out and file them just to be on the safe side.

Like 1      
11 Jul 2017 4:35 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

I have recently been told that the councils, maybe going to, or are charging a small fee to every house to cover the cost of rubbish put on the ground outside of the bins, like when people throw out old funiture etc....Have no idea if this is true or not because I haven't checked my bills yet. If true seems unfair to those who have never done this.

Like 0      
11 Jul 2017 5:16 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

For us the Basura (Rubbish) fee is a separate charge on the list of town hall tax bills.

In my town the charge (fine) for not putting the rubbish in the bin, leaving it on the ground,  is up to 1,000 euros

Like 0      
11 Jul 2017 5:28 PM by johnmcmahon Star rating. 335 posts Send private message

I've never seen a seperate charge for basura but I wonder if this is the "waste water" inclusion from Emausa ( water supply in Murcia). We have a central collecting point for basura in the village. Unwanted furniture etc. left beside the bins is upcycled by our Moroccan villagers (and good luck to them) so is never collected by the authorities

This message was last edited by johnmcmahon on 11/07/2017.

Like 0      
11 Jul 2017 7:06 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1223 posts Send private message

Some areas charge for waste collection (the waste bins) via the water charges and some do not. We pay it as part of the water bill but just 10k up the road the residents get separate bills which is collected by SUMA (dept responsible for collecting local taxes in the Alicante region). I think most areas have different methods for collecting the rubbish. Ours is collected every night but large items (beds, sofas etc) are collected on a Thursday if you phone them although the residents round here (mainly Brits, unfortunately) tend to think they can dump them there any day and "someone" will come and get them.

There is a recycling centre just on the outskirts of town where garden rubbish can be doposited. Again, people seem to think these magic men will come along and collect it if you just dump it next to the bins and it stays there for weeks while it rots.

Check on your water bill. If there is a section for basura then that is the way it is collected. If not then contact your town hall.

Like 0      
12 Jul 2017 2:36 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Correction.  When I posted " in my town the charge (fine) for not putting the rubbish in the bin, leaving it on the ground,  is up to 1,000 euros "

Having just checked the latest notice by the bins, I see the fine is now 3,000 euros and includes putting prohibited items in the bins,

The notice shows the telephone number for the Policía Local and an invitation to report offenders.

Like 0      
12 Jul 2017 3:33 PM by amogles Star rating in El Campello (holiday.... 174 posts Send private message

What sort of items are prohibited in the basura? 

We normally take a lot of care to sort out recyclable items such as glass, plastics and paper and put those in the appropriate receptacles, but I wasn't aware that anything along those lines was enforced. 

Ive seen all sorts of things in the regular basura bin here, including tv sets and kitchen cabinets. 

Like 0      
12 Jul 2017 4:18 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Having just checked the latest notice by the bins, I see the fine is now 3,000 euros and includes putting prohibited items in the bins,

Any idea what the prohibited items are as I have never seen the notices.

Like 1      
12 Jul 2017 4:51 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

I have added in blue what I understand the notice to mean.

Enseres   (utensils, furniture, instruments used domestically or commercially)

Poda        (prunings – probably cuttings from plants, bushes, trees, garden refuse, etc.)               

Escombros        Building materials, debris , rubble etc      

Muebles         Furniture and household items.

Basura           (I guess rubbish in general, as opposed to re-cycleable items , i.e. in my town:-

YELLOW BIN:    plastic, tins, bricks (plasticised/waxed cardboard type milk / juices / wine containers)  

Green BIN          bottles only.

BLUE BIN               paper/cardboard

SILVER BIN      Organic rubbish

This message was last edited by johnzx on 12/07/2017.

Like 1      
12 Jul 2017 5:43 PM by johnmcmahon Star rating. 335 posts Send private message

we only have 2 bins in our village.

one is for glass, the other is for everything else I think

I had no idea you couldn't put plant cuttings and stuff like that in

it's emptied every day by the way

Like 0      
13 Jul 2017 8:23 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

John Mc,    I did say 'in my town'  as we know every town in Spain has it's own systems, local laws etc.

Like 0      
04 Aug 2022 10:07 AM by ramonk Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

I did say 'in my town'  as we know every town in Spain has it's own systems, local laws etc.

Correct, each city has its own system.

Like 0      
05 Aug 2022 1:34 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

What are you? A car / motorbike rental company or a genuine poster on here?

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Rapido Claims - 1 posts
New property IBI Bill etc - 1 posts
210 form and IBI payments - 11 posts
JIMBOK - 0 posts
IKEA Malaga - anyone buying want a bargain? - 12 posts
Health insurance - 5 posts
First post. Old question. - 4 posts
Costaluz Lawyer - 3 posts
Is this a scam? - 4 posts
electric bill - 1 posts
Mobile phone/calls to uk - 2 posts
a/c car engineer wanted - 0 posts
Britney ferries - 3 posts
Schooling after Brexit - 4 posts
Air conditioning companies calahonda and surrounding areas - 6 posts
Should i put the wife on the deeds - 8 posts
Right Hand Drive Cars - 3 posts
Importing my car - 0 posts
Quiet on here - but not in town - 24 posts
MOT for Citroen Berlingo - 5 posts
Express Gas Fuel - 3 posts
Complementaria tax - 8 posts
Selling my British car in Spain - 0 posts
Help with Autonamo Query - 2 posts
Help with Autonamo Query - 7 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 18

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x