Health insurance

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
27 Jun 2017 2:48 PM by Ray1957 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

we will be moving to Spain in January . Could anyone advise us on health insurance please ? We have been online and it seems to be very expensive

Ray 

Like 0      
28 Jun 2017 12:58 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

You are now thinking to yourself ...how do they all manage to live in Spain with the high cost of private healthcare ...the fact is that majority of British expats under UK retirement age and not in  employment  do not have any health cover at all ....and are fiddling both the Spanish system and the N H S by using a EHIC card ....as you well know the UK EHIC card is only for holiday maker's ....if you become a permanent resident in another EU country you will need the appropriate health cover .

Like 2      
28 Jun 2017 2:51 PM by briando55 Star rating in Yorkshire. 1982 posts Send private message

I'm sure it's been answered before and I may have forgotten but what classifies someone as a permanent resident in the terms of the law?

Best wishes, Brian

Like 1      
28 Jun 2017 3:13 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

(1)If a British subject lives in any EU country for more than 181 days in any one year they automatically become a resident and are obliged to pay tax to that country .....(2)if you cannot prove that you have a permanent home in the UK/ /pay tax in your country of origin then you become a tax paying resident from day one on entering another EU country. ...You are also breaking  EU laws by not registering in that country.

This message was last edited by windtalker on 28/06/2017.

Like 2      
28 Jun 2017 4:21 PM by juansheetisplenty Star rating in Cartagena. 283 posts Send private message

juansheetisplenty´s avatar

Original post: we will be moving to Spain in January . Could anyone advise us on health insurance please ? We have been online and it seems to be very expensive..

Try looking here. Depends on the level you sign up for but a friend pays around 50 Euros per month for insurance. All depends on age level, location and pre-existing conditions. I use them on an ad-hoc basis and a consultation with English speaking doc is around 40 Euros.

http://eng.dkvseguros.com/

Saludos

Like 1      
28 Jun 2017 9:20 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Brian   I'm sure it's been answered before and I may have forgotten but what classifies someone as a permanent resident in the terms of the law?

There are extra oddities but basically, if one moves to Spain, or it is one’s main centre of economic activities, or one’s family live in Spain, then you are resident immediately.

If one stays 3 months permanently then they must register on the EU Citizen’s Register,

If those conditions do not apply,  if spending a total of 183 days in a year one automatically becomes tax resident

In any case where one’s conditions are unusual the tax authorities in the countries concerned should be consulted and they will decide where you are tax resident.

This message was last edited by johnzx on 29/06/2017.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

First post. Old question. - 4 posts
Costaluz Lawyer - 3 posts
Is this a scam? - 4 posts
electric bill - 1 posts
Mobile phone/calls to uk - 2 posts
a/c car engineer wanted - 0 posts
Britney ferries - 3 posts
Schooling after Brexit - 4 posts
Air conditioning companies calahonda and surrounding areas - 6 posts
Should i put the wife on the deeds - 8 posts
Right Hand Drive Cars - 3 posts
Importing my car - 0 posts
Quiet on here - but not in town - 24 posts
MOT for Citroen Berlingo - 5 posts
Express Gas Fuel - 3 posts
Complementaria tax - 8 posts
Selling my British car in Spain - 0 posts
Help with Autonamo Query - 2 posts
Help with Autonamo Query - 7 posts
Insurance cover in Spain, other drivers - 0 posts
Bank Bailouts - 3 posts
Recommendations for Private Healthcare for Expat Family - 8 posts
How much community fees do you pay?? - 24 posts
Car hire yearly insurance policy - 7 posts
La Union Whats it like - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x